PDA

View Full Version : I need some help!

Sy Maokhamphiou
07-16-2007, 03:27 PM
Hi everyone,
I'm new to the board but I've been lurkin since I bought my boat in March. Lots of helpful threads and people on here so hopefully you guys can help a newb out.

I have an 07 X2. I am running dual batterries with a perko switch. I ran my accessories battery down too low and the stereo cut out and the warning sound came on (beeping sound). According to the manual, once i start the engine the beeping should shut off after two minutes due to alternator charging batterry. Well it didn't. It beeped for the remainder of the day. I got home, fully charged both batteries and went back to the lake a few days later. After I fire up the ignition the stereo works for about 30 seconds then shuts off followed by the continuous beeping sound. The stereo does work however when the engine is off just fine. Now the check engine light is on also. I moved everything onto my #1 battery and my stereo works fine except my check engine light is still on. I can't get the boat into the shop for a couple of weeks. According to the manual I shouldn't use the boat for risk of voiding warranties so I probably won't.

Does anyone have experience with this or can give some input as to whats goin on? Why won't the beeping sound go away even after the batterries are charged?

TMCNo1
07-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Welcome!!!!!!!!!!!
OK guys, help the man out!

beatle78
07-16-2007, 04:11 PM
nice boat, we love pics :)

sorry, can't help.... there are a ton of guys here than can help though.

Sy Maokhamphiou
07-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Heres a couple of pics.

Heres my boat the 4th of July floating in the muddy waters of Folsom.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/symaok/boatfolsom.jpg

Heres a picture of the first time we had any real weight in the boat. Wake was enormous (by my standards anyways). It had my buddy completely spooked tryin to land a W2w for the first time.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/symaok/IMG_0164.jpg

JGMinano
07-16-2007, 11:06 PM
Sy--I experienced a similar problem in my 07 X2 when the guys at my marina mistakenly ran my battery down (alarm sounding approx every 10 minutes, check engine indicator, etc.). My dealer told me that draining the battery somehow trips a code that needs to be reset. They also told me it was not something I could do myself. In the meantime, I found I could temporarily "clear" the alarm by depressing and holding the display toggle switch in the cockpit (the switch that cycles through the time, depth, air temp, water temp, hours, etc.). Good luck.

Sy Maokhamphiou
07-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Thanks JG. That's awesome to hear. I found out that I'm only at risk of voiding warranties that are a result of the reason why the check engine light came on. In this case, it's just the battery being drained. So no risk of voiding any warranties (i hope). Thanks for the tip, I'm gonna try it out. Oh and thanks for the welcome, TMCNo1 and Beatle.

samasm
07-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Gentleman. If the light came on, it is my understanding that you had an issue other than low voltage (e.g. oil pressure, engine temperature, transmission temperature). I would strongly suggest checking the condition of your impeller prior to running it any further - or better yet, have your dealer hook it up to the computer to pull the error. Assuming that the problem has been fixed, the "radio kill" alarm will continue to come on until 50 starts have been performed without an additional error or until the error has been cleared by the dealership. If the light comes on - pay attention and take it to the dealer. I speak from experience on this.

endl
07-25-2007, 05:24 PM
Heres a couple of pics.

Heres my boat the 4th of July floating in the muddy waters of Folsom.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/symaok/boatfolsom.jpg

Heres a picture of the first time we had any real weight in the boat. Wake was enormous (by my standards anyways). It had my buddy completely spooked tryin to land a W2w for the first time.

http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p148/symaok/IMG_0164.jpg
We need closer pictures of the sundeck on the boat.....to be able to better help you with your problem of course.