PDA

View Full Version : Ever have "Just one of those weekends!"??

Sodar
07-16-2007, 11:27 AM
Had a pretty crappy weekend...

To start, I ended up getting a Migraine headache on my way down to Mexico on Friday and forgot my migraine pills on my bathroom counter. There is something about up-chucking in the fast food restroom that says "I should have just stayed home!!!"

Saturday morning, we put the boat in and went for a morning ski on a beautiful stretch of the Rio Grande... things are looking up, right? WRONG!! One of our family friend's daughters, who has put on about 150lbs over the last year, decides she wants to ski. She gets out there and starts telling me how I am not pulling her right, how my boat does not have enough power, how it has too much power, how I am waiting to long after she says "Hit It"... she would not shut up. So finally, after dragging her fat arse for about a mile, she decides that at 250lbs, she can not do what she used to be able to do at 100lbs!! So, she throws her ski up on the platform all huffy and puffy and I lose it!! Headache+whining biatch= Irrate Cameron!! She ends up getting all ticked off and drives home!! Woo HOO... no more pain in the arse!!

Saturday afternoon, we were getting a little tired from skiing, so we bust out the wakeskate. I am driving, my girlfriend is observing and my younger brother is trying to teach his girlfriend how to wakeskate. He yells "Hit It" and all the sudden I hear a pop.... the rope was caught in the slalom rack and bends the extender peice of the rack (picture attached). New boat + first mishap= stressed out!! We ended up finishing the day out with a nice cocktail cruise and appetizers back on the dock.

Sunday morning goes uneventful.

Sunday afternoon, we get past the border, heading north and they have the freeway shut down. What is normally a 2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive home. When I get home, and put the big cover on the boat, I notice that the tower light lense is gone and flew off during the transit.

Needless to say, I am VERY glad to finally have the boat sitting comfortably in my driveway and was very happy to crawl into my own bed last night at my own house!!

Thanks for reading my long winded post (if you have made it this far). My venting is now over. I feel so relieved!! :D

Here is the bent ski rack....

Sodar
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Another one of the bent ski rack

Sodar
07-16-2007, 11:28 AM
The missing tower light lense

Sodar
07-16-2007, 11:30 AM
Finally, home at last!!

tex
07-16-2007, 11:32 AM
You need a martini!

Maristar210
07-16-2007, 11:33 AM
Sorry to hear it Cameron. At least you were on the boat? Should have wakeboarded with that kind of ballast on board....

Steve

Sodar
07-16-2007, 11:52 AM
You need a martini!

I had a few Captain and Cokes on Saturday night, once the boat was back in the garage... it eased the pain quite nicely!!

Sorry to hear it Cameron. At least you were on the boat? Should have wakeboarded with that kind of ballast on board....

Steve

I would be scared to jump a wake that big!! :D :D

trickskier
07-16-2007, 11:57 AM
Should have wakeboarded with that kind of ballast on board....

Steve
You're always so compassionate Steve.............:uglyhamme

Sorry to hear about your woes Cameron..............8p

rodltg2
07-16-2007, 12:02 PM
you tow your boat across the border?? is that sketchy??? i've thought about it..

Sodar
07-16-2007, 12:10 PM
you tow your boat across the border?? is that sketchy??? i've thought about it..

I was REALLY sketeched out at first and talked to a LOT of people before I did it. My girlfriend's family has a house down there and coincidently, so do my neighbors. My neighbor has a 2003 PS 209 and my girlfriend's family has a 2006 SN 211. We all carpooled down, just in case anything happened... I would NEVER do it alone! I got some extra insurance for the boat and car... no problems!

tex
07-16-2007, 12:17 PM
I had a few Captain and Cokes on Saturday night, once the boat was back in the garage... it eased the pain quite nicely!!

I would be scared to jump a wake that big!! :D :D
I had a few of those on Saturday night as well. One of my skiing buddies drinks them has re-introduced them to me!

rodltg2
07-16-2007, 12:31 PM
what about atb the border ? they dont give you any problems regarding selling the boat while your there?

Sodar
07-16-2007, 12:33 PM
what about atb the border ? they dont give you any problems regarding selling the boat while your there?

No,but they did give everyone an extra check through the compartments of the boat and they made sure that our bilge water was empty

shepherd
07-16-2007, 01:12 PM
Well, a bad day skiing is better than....

At least you got that pretty new boat. A lot of people have to ski behind Bayliners!

beatle78
07-16-2007, 01:19 PM
why do they care if the bilge is empty?

Or do you mean ballast system?....

speaking of ballast system, a person could really pack those hard tanks full of illegal stuff for the ride home... hahahaha

Sodar
07-16-2007, 01:25 PM
Well, a bad day skiing is better than....

At least you got that pretty new boat. A lot of people have to ski behind Bayliners!

HA HA HA!! No question about that!!

why do they care if the bilge is empty?

Or do you mean ballast system?....

speaking of ballast system, a person could really pack those hard tanks full of illegal stuff for the ride home... hahahaha

They check the bilge and ballast bags to prevent cross contamination of marine organisms... here in the west they specifically look for the zebra mussels...

X-Aggie
07-16-2007, 02:03 PM
Man, sounds like you needed those drinks. As for the Nav. Light cover those things seem to wander all over the place, I've lost my last 2. PITA

KnoxX2
07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Well Camron there is always next weekend.

Worst day skiing is still better than the best day at work!

uawaterskier
07-16-2007, 02:50 PM
Well Camron there is always next weekend.

Worst day skiing is still better than the best day at work!
quoted for truth

Chief
07-16-2007, 03:51 PM

Steve

I was thinking the same thing.:D

kingu
07-16-2007, 04:03 PM

Steve

Sorry about your weekend Sodar...but this statement made my day :uglyhamme

Ric
07-17-2007, 08:46 AM
OUCH
what did they quote you for the new extender arm?

Had a pretty crappy weekend...

To start, I ended up getting a Migraine headache on my way down to Mexico on Friday and forgot my migraine pills on my bathroom counter. There is something about up-chucking in the fast food restroom that says "I should have just stayed home!!!"

Saturday morning, we put the boat in and went for a morning ski on a beautiful stretch of the Rio Grande... things are looking up, right? WRONG!! One of our family friend's daughters, who has put on about 150lbs over the last year, decides she wants to ski. She gets out there and starts telling me how I am not pulling her right, how my boat does not have enough power, how it has too much power, how I am waiting to long after she says "Hit It"... she would not shut up. So finally, after dragging her fat arse for about a mile, she decides that at 250lbs, she can not do what she used to be able to do at 100lbs!! So, she throws her ski up on the platform all huffy and puffy and I lose it!! Headache+whining biatch= Irrate Cameron!! She ends up getting all ticked off and drives home!! Woo HOO... no more pain in the arse!!

Saturday afternoon, we were getting a little tired from skiing, so we bust out the wakeskate. I am driving, my girlfriend is observing and my younger brother is trying to teach his girlfriend how to wakeskate. He yells "Hit It" and all the sudden I hear a pop.... the rope was caught in the slalom rack and bends the extender peice of the rack (picture attached). New boat + first mishap= stressed out!! We ended up finishing the day out with a nice cocktail cruise and appetizers back on the dock.

Sunday morning goes uneventful.

Sunday afternoon, we get past the border, heading north and they have the freeway shut down. What is normally a 2 hour drive turned into a 5 hour drive home. When I get home, and put the big cover on the boat, I notice that the tower light lense is gone and flew off during the transit.

Needless to say, I am VERY glad to finally have the boat sitting comfortably in my driveway and was very happy to crawl into my own bed last night at my own house!!

Thanks for reading my long winded post (if you have made it this far). My venting is now over. I feel so relieved!! :D

Here is the bent ski rack....

Sodar
07-17-2007, 09:54 AM
OUCH
what did they quote you for the new extender arm?

$345.... Expensive Mistake!! :(

RexDog1
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
Cameron sorry about your weekend ..
If you need some help with the boat, call me

Next time?? Come on down to Papas and Beers

Man that place is right up your ally 8p 8p 8p

Sorry brother ..:(

Ric
07-17-2007, 10:00 AM
I know alot goes into making them
check your PM box

Sodar
07-17-2007, 10:10 AM
Cameron sorry about your weekend ..
If you need some help with the boat, call me

Next time?? Come on down to Papas and Beers

Man that place is right up your ally 8p 8p 8p

Sorry brother ..:(

Papa's and Beer would have been much cheaper and more relaxing, thats for sure!! Looks like you had a good time Jon!

If you have any suggestions on how to bend that peice back, I would love it!! I talked to my friend last night and he was thinking some kind of press, that could get the peice straight again. Anyone have any ideas?

Sodar
07-17-2007, 10:11 AM
I know alot goes into making them
check your PM box

PM back to ya!! Thanks Ric!!

RexDog1
07-17-2007, 11:09 AM
I will make some calls,

PM you later :D

Sodar
07-17-2007, 11:19 AM
I will make some calls,

PM you later :D

Awesome Jon!!

You talk to your people, I will talk to my people and then we will talk to each other about what our people told us!! :D :D

Thanks Buddy!!

Sodar
07-25-2007, 10:52 AM
Well, I was able to take my bent slalom rack to the local machine shop and the guy used a press to get it true again. I also had Eric send me out a new arm, just incase I could not get it with the press.

Yesterday, I got everything put back together and I got the lense for the tower light put on. I used a dab of silicone to ensure that I did not loose it again.

Thanks for your help Eric... I appreciate it!!

mpm32
07-25-2007, 11:48 AM
I get migraines really bad, complete with auras, numbness and puking. I figured out I am allergic to msg, aspertane, and nitrates to some extent. Stress doesn't help either. So avoiding those I don't get them that often anymore. When I do, I use the new Imitrex nasal sprays. Works great. Doesn't get rid of the headache completely but alleviates it to where I don't want to blow my head off.

Wow that sounded like a commercial. ;)

KnoxX2
07-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Well, I was able to take my bent slalom rack to the local machine shop and the guy used a press to get it true again. I also had Eric send me out a new arm, just incase I could not get it with the press.

Yesterday, I got everything put back together and I got the lense for the tower light put on. I used a dab of silicone to ensure that I did not loose it again.

Thanks for your help Eric... I appreciate it!!

Sweet Pic :cool:

TX.X-30 fan
07-26-2007, 10:30 PM
Missed a great thread. :mad: :D

Sodar
07-26-2007, 11:44 PM
Missed a great thread. :mad: :D

You surely did!! Maybe you should put on the ole' reading glasses so you can see the screen! :D

06' X-2 R8R H8R
07-27-2007, 12:39 AM
Well, if its any consulation (sp) I myself just back from Mexico as well (CABO) and it was very uneventfull (stresswise) had a great time and didnt see the boat in the rear view mirror all week. Saw the sand on my grill tho..... Hahahahahaha

sand2snow22
07-27-2007, 12:47 AM
Could have been worse, could have had some el loco locals tie you to a chair, dump tequila down your throat while blowing a whistle as loudly as possible, and steal your boat........Oh, forgot to throw in a donkey show somewhere in between.....

TX.X-30 fan
07-27-2007, 09:48 AM
You surely did!! Maybe you should put on the ole' reading glasses so you can see the screen! :D

Keep it up Sodar, us old farts have you out-numbered. :D

tex
07-27-2007, 10:58 AM
Could have been worse, could have had some el loco locals tie you to a chair, dump tequila down your throat while blowing a whistle as loudly as possible, and steal your boat........Oh, forgot to throw in a donkey show somewhere in between.....
I know those guys! Oh my head hurts!

betsy&david Harrison
07-27-2007, 01:04 PM
Well, Sodar, You will appreciate this one...

Last week we headed out to the lake without the kids. Made it right up to Lake Hughes area where there are NO off ramps on the I-5 and I come to a dead stop(couldn't turn around anyway because on the 126 a three car accident had just occurred and three people were killed...we were TRAPPED)...96 outside..no ac when you don't move. About a 3/4's mile ahead of where we were, 2 big rigs tangled and closed all the lanes. So, we sat and crawled through 4 and a half hours of about a one mile stretch to get off the highway into Castaic (Lake Hughes exit). While trying to entertain ourselves, we call a friend and see if he wants to meet us for the weekend. He is headed up to Trinity Lake. We then see a family towing a Bu and asked them where they were going...Trinity Lake. Turns out to be our friends relatives. About an hour later...we see them a few lanes to our right and they look like low-riders towing a boat. His airbags had a leak near the compressor as we found out another hour later. We ended up towing his boat to a spot where he got his Expidition fixed. Well, after a 6 hour journey that usually takes us 1.5 hrs we made it. Next morning.... we pull one of our dear friends. All is good, then the next gets ready and the ignition key is sooo freakin hot they can't touch it. Turns out to be a short in the switch. Two trips into town and a new switch later and all is finally good! Aaahh :)

KnoxX2
07-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Sorry about the bad luck Betsy

Glad it all worked out

betsy&david Harrison
07-27-2007, 08:16 PM
I now have a serious illness...Freeway Trauma. Think I'll patent it. Everytime I get on the freeway, there is a jolt of fear that races through me....think I'll drink instead of drive

SDAhockey21
07-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Dammmm

I lost the nav cap on the X2 too.... and I found the first scratch on her.... All I had to say was WHO DID IT!!! That has to be the worst part about owning a new boat, having the first booboo...8p

betsy&david Harrison
07-27-2007, 08:27 PM
Dammmm

I lost the nav cap on the X2 too.... and I found the first scratch on her.... All I had to say was WHO DID IT!!! That has to be the worst part about owning a new boat, having the first booboo...8p
When your boat becomes part of the "family" every booboo hurts worse than the first.

SDAhockey21
07-27-2007, 08:32 PM
It never hurt with the 91..... Always hurts wit 07