PDA

View Full Version : Rhino Liner, Line-X, or Other?

captkidd
02-21-2005, 12:57 PM
Having had a Rhino spray-in bedliner in my previous truck, I'm interested in hearing opinions from folks who've had Line-X or other spray-in bedliners in their trucks.

I really liked the Rhino liner; it held up very well to all sorts of abuse, but it faded a lot in the 6 years that I owned the truck, and the last 4 of those it was garaged. I could restore the color by spraying the whole thing with Armor-all or a similar product, but that only lasted until the first rain.

How do the other spray-in liners hold up? Any problems? Anyone tried the Herculiner do-it-yourself products? It seems that it would be hard to get it on as thick (1/8" - 1/4") as a sprayed-in liner.

aprgriggs
02-21-2005, 01:53 PM
I used to sell accessories for a dealer and I have tryied every product.. Go for the warranty. Some companies don't warranty there products at all. Also black holds up better than any other colors.

Good Luck

Ric
02-21-2005, 01:58 PM
I had a rhino liner 11 years and 5 trucks ago and probably won't do it again. Mine was prepped properly but still gouged and chipped with rough use and faded quite a bit in the 2 years I owned it. The material even seemed to harden over time?

I like the heavy black mat available at tractor supply much better for my use.

Mag_Red
02-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Being a Commercial Painting Contractor, I would say my Rhino liner has held up incredibly well over the 6 years. I love the fact that things don't slide around in the bed, like they do with plastic liners, and the rubber mats just doesn't protect the bed like I want. :wavey:

Rich X-2 Owner
02-21-2005, 02:54 PM
In regards to your Rhino Liner. I do installs on spray on Bed Liners, Rhino has changed a lot over the years. One trick that might freshen up your bed is to take a citrus type cleaner(those orange soap types) and a nylon brush. Scrub it with the soapy mixture then rinse it out real good. Alot of times the the dulling is due to soap and wax, especially if you use a car wash.

I install Reflex liners, the colors that are added have a built in UV protection that helps keep the color looking new.

With the gouging and chipping, it sounds like not enough layers were added. If you had a heavy duty coat 3/8" or more then You don't usually run into that problem.

rem_p
02-21-2005, 03:46 PM
i have had PROLINER done to 2 of my trucks...im happy with it. has about the same look as line-x but was about half the price with the same lifetime warranty. have had good luck out of them so far. The hardest problem i have is keeping it clean. Mud, sawdust, oil and various other little spillage problems are hard to clean out. but its worth it to me

Ric
02-21-2005, 03:54 PM
I think that the next time I buy a spray in bedliner will be after I tear up the bed and very near trade-in time because they look very nice when they are new.