PDA

View Full Version : Wakesurfing Prostar 197

Set
07-15-2007, 09:26 AM
Can anyone tell me if it's possible to set up a 2005 Prostar 197 for wakesurfing and if so how.

Thanx
Set

justindacey
07-15-2007, 09:40 AM
yes it's possible. I surf all the time with my old tristar and it works awesome so i'm sure you can set your boat up easily. Put lots of weight on whichever side you want to ride and try moving people all around the boat until you get it just right.

Set
07-15-2007, 09:19 PM
Salut Newbie,

Great pictures.I told my gang I wanted to have a beer while wakesurfing before the end of the summer and you're already doing it GOOD FOR YOU.By the way how much weight have you got in that Tristar because looks like alot of Fatsacs.

Thanx For The Response
Another Canadian
SET

captain planet
07-16-2007, 10:03 AM
We did it over 4th of July vacation behind my buddies 197. We used one 500 lb. sack and one 400 lb. sack. We put the 500 lb sack on the port side of the boat with the 400 lb on the starboard side. We put them in a "V" shape behind the motor box. We had 4 passengers sitting on the sun pad, one driver, and one rider (6 people). For the two of us that could actually ride the wave it worked pretty well. The only problem was when the rider would fall and you would stop the boat, the wave would come up on the sun pad and would go into the vents located on the stern. We had to run the bilge pump a whole bunch.

Thanks to my buddy casx2 for letting us experiment with his boat. It was gettin late when we did it so when my wife develops the pics I'll try to post them if I can.

Jkelly
07-16-2007, 10:11 AM
I "free ride" surf behind my 197. I did it the other day with one Tube sac (650LBS) and my wife and a friend on the sun pad. I did not feel like filling up the other two side sacs.

TI Skiier
07-18-2007, 12:00 AM
I do it with my 2005 X7. Put 5-6 people in the left rear corner of the boat(a few on the seat, a few on the gunwale) and set the boat speed at 10 mph. Adjust speed as necessary to clean up the froth on the wake, but don't go too fast (over 12) or the rider won't be able to stay with it.

justindacey
07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
2 side sacs at 275lbs each, one coverless fatsac at over 600 lbs and a 350lb fatsac on top...that's 1450lbs plus as many people as we can fit in the boat...usually 6 people...it's awesome to wakesurf behind you just have to be VERY careful when you slow down or turn the boat