PDA

View Full Version : What has your dealer done for you lately??

mtrask
07-14-2007, 12:58 AM
I felt as though this was worth re-entering under this heading to let others bring there story to the thread. Have fun my friends!!
Hear was my story from before--if it goes well I will add on, because there is more to the story now?

Story from Best Delivery """""
We met the boys at www.nefwm.com. My friend had mentioned that they seemed to have all the makins of great dealer. So we looked into there company. My first call to them, being a no name, they met every standard, --Trust, Reliability, Service, Knowlege, follow thru Etc. They took care of all our concerns with our existinfg boat. We owned a PS209 "04". We talked about a new boat. They found a great home for our boat and showed us just what we wanted in the X-14 with confidence.

The Next 5-Days

This is were it gets good. They brought a fantastic family to our house, at the last minute on a rainy Sunday to test drive our boat. Quality people, Steve and his sone Neil test drove our boat--Not hull kickers. We finished the test, and they assured us they wanted the boat. They also understood, we still had to test drive the X-14 to make our final decision.

Again it got better. We were supposed to meet New England Fresh Water(Jay & Bill) on a Wednesday night, though work for my brother and I delayed us till Thursaday night. On Thursday night we were again delayed into the night and finally after 6pm we got to there place to test drive the X-14. I remember getting an email from Jay saying "whats going on--are you coming tonight". The owners Jay and Bill both met us, to say hello, and shortly after the test drive. Bills' son just happens to be one of the best wakeboarders my brother an I have ever seen "Mikey Marsh". They drove us around, They pulled us Slalom(Wake was sweet) & Wakeboarding(Wake was sweet), then we watched Mikey Marsh. He pulled some crazy stuff off the back of this boat. We loved the boat. they then took us out later with some buddies of theres. Great over-all hospitality--Family, friends, etc.

It still got better. I called Jay and Bill @ www.nefwm.com and spoke with them on Friday morning a couple of times. I finally made the decision at 10:30am on Friday to make the deal. They had to install a heater, Tower lights/speakers, & Prep boat. They said they would deliver the boat that night!!?? We of course said great, though as the day grew shorter things looked glum for Memorial Day Weekend. Realize we were still in possesion of our boat, though Neil, Steve, My Brother and myself were all waiting for new boats. 5pm-6pm-7pm. I placed the call; still comin. I asked Bill-Maybe we should wait for tommorrow--"No, we said we would deliver it tonight, and Neil & Steve are waiting for your old boat as well!!" mp-9pm-10pm--3-4beers(6-7 beers more like it) my brother sleeping now. Gotto make the call and at 11:30pm "We are leaving now "Jay said""

Bottom line--Bill showed up at our house with our X-14 at 1am. I woke up my brother. We went through all the paper work--Signed. Called Bill a "nut"... It was now 2:30am. "Said to Bill--Plenty of room to stake-out till morning". He only politely refused and said he had to deliver our PS 209 to Neil and Steve tommorrow. We went out to hook up the old boat, set him up for his road trip, and off he went at 3:am back home.

I understand he & Jay delivered our old ps 209 to Steve & Neil and two other boats the next day.

What has your dealer done for you lately??

1-Day delivery without excuses. These guys really made us feel like we were there only customer--and I know that was not the case.

Thankyou -- New England Fresh Water Marine--We could not be happier with our decision..

Mike & Bill T

tex
07-14-2007, 01:06 AM
At the tour stop, got me inside the site for parking. Had someone pick me up at my truck in a mule and drove me right to the MC tent. Drove me back afterwards and dropped me off. I can't say enough about Jimmy, Todd, Jeff, and the rest of the cats at Texas Mastercraft! Notice that I didn't mention service to my boat...It's a Mastercraft and has not needed much work!~

ProTour X9
07-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Nothing lately but give us a gas key that is too large for the tank after not giving us one at all but they will happily replace it.

Action is very good to us.

Ric
07-14-2007, 09:39 AM
Recently? Mine (Darryl Moore in Houston) replaced an entire trailer for me. Walked it through engineering at MC and did the title paperwork for me when it arrived.

Maristar210
07-14-2007, 09:48 AM
Recently? Mine (Darryl Moore in Houston) replaced an entire trailer for me. Walked it through engineering at MC and did the title paperwork for me when it arrived.

Whiner 8p 8p

bigmac
07-14-2007, 10:05 AM
I haven't needed anything lately, but when the boat was new and the fuel pump crapped out, he called in a tech from home ON the 4th of July, spent the extra time necessary to diagnose it and replaced it with a pump out of a new boat on the floor. Had me back on the water within 4 hours on a holiday.

Other than that, he returns my phone calls every time, and delivers on everything he promises.

Ric
07-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Whiner 8p 8p I coulda just numchucked you! you don't even realize! Damn!

ProTour X9
07-14-2007, 11:00 AM
I coulda just numchucked you! you don't even realize! Damn!

You sound like a Chinese John Wayne

Ric
07-14-2007, 11:31 AM
You sound like a Chinese John Wayne just call me Chaz. The king of all wedding crashers

atlfootr
07-14-2007, 11:34 AM
Haven't needed to go to a local dealer, since I can remember when.
Barefoot 200's runn'n top notch :)

SkiDog
07-14-2007, 07:52 PM
I just happen to buy a boat from Bay Area Water Sports recently. I don't need to tell anybody what a great dealership these guys have! However, What my dealership did for me was..... give me the chance to meet a fine young man. His name, Thomas Kranendonk! I am soooo glad that things worked out the way they did to give me a small amount of time to meet Thomas. I only knew him for 2 days, thats it. But in that 2 days, I can honestly say, this kid had it going on! Respectful, polite, kind, and a willingness to help. Giving me the opportunity to meet him, and get to know him in a very short period of time, Thats what MY dealer has done for me lately! DOG:) :)