PDA

View Full Version : Truck trailer light harness question

Kevin 89MC
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
My company truck's (04 TrailBlazer) trailer wiring harness has me stumped. I have no juice at the "running light" pin with lights on, and I know the fuse is good, because I swapped it out with another one as a test. It is the round 7 pin style. I don't have any power at the "12v" lead either (I thought of just re-wiring my 7-4 pin connector to use that one). Harness looks intact, at least what I can see. I replaced the trailer wiring harness a few weeks ago (a few too many splices were giving me intermittent problems), and anyways it works great on the LandCruiser, so I know the trailer is causing no issues.

I just hot wired a lead off the truck's tail light for now. Looks a bit tacky under the truck, but it works. I don't really have the desire to dig into the harness, and I don't really feel like making my company pay for a mechanic to repair it. They're nice enough to allow me to tow my boat with their truck, and their gas card.
Anyone have similar issues with a 7-pin harness? Any other easy things to check?
Thanks,
Kevin

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 07:01 PM
Have you seen this post?

Kevin 89MC
07-26-2007, 05:37 PM
Were you planning on linking to a post? Or am I jsut blind? :)

TMCNo1
07-26-2007, 06:13 PM
Were you planning on linking to a post? Or am I jsut blind? :)

Sorry, apparently it didn't come up when I pasted it, but a fellow member found a second fuse box under the hood of his Trailblazer for his 7 wire harness that had a blown fuse, when there were no fuses blown under the dash and that is how he cured his lighting problem.

Kevin 89MC
07-26-2007, 06:29 PM
Yep, saw that one. I did find the correct fuse box (and tested the fuse!) Thanks Harold.
Kevin

Jkelly
07-26-2007, 06:30 PM
I was just fixin to mention that there is two fuse boxes one under the hood and one under or on the side of the dash. My buddy has an 04 truck and he had the same problem. Found a fuse under the hood blown.