PDA

View Full Version : Bachelor Party?

JR34
07-13-2007, 12:11 PM
OK so I have been chosen as best man by a 35 year old friend who is getting married for the 2nd time (1st one was so short didn't really count :) ).

He isn't really interested in the whole stripper thing at this point in life. Just curious.....any good ideas for his send off. Was thinking an afternoon of golf, BBQ and a little poker tourney is his honor to finish the night off. We think it works but will the attendees be disappointed? Not that I care too much about them just curious if I am falling short here?

BTW not a group of water skiers so thats not really an option.

tex
07-13-2007, 12:14 PM
The BP is for the groom. Take him out for drinks and find out what he really wants. I did the lake thing(with entertainment) and had a blast. It was arranged because it was what I do. Figure out what he wants and give it to him. Talk to his friends and let them know what you are doing!

Maristar210
07-13-2007, 12:16 PM
Tex beat me too it. Remember its his bachelor party. Ask him what he wants and make sure to get the "happy ending" just kidding.....

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 12:26 PM
Rent a 15 passanger van and ride around looking at peoples garages!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-13-2007, 12:43 PM
wait a minute. :mad: It cant be a bachelor party without hukers. :noface: might as well just take him to Chucky Cheese for some pizza & games. 8p

07-13-2007, 12:44 PM
Oooo! I bet Ric would so be there for that! even without an invitation. :cool:

justinlkgb
07-13-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm with ump!!. In all seriousness, you will have to find out from the groom, but try not to let him know the whole plan.

I had them at mine...it was AWESOME!!! Wouldnt' reccomend going to the clubs though...:o

BeavenX5
07-13-2007, 12:49 PM
I once went to a mini golf tournament in lieu of a traditional bachelor party... Was a great idea.

My brother's brother in law to be (his wife's brother) bachelor party last month was a week-end in Vegas, boys only of course. They had a blast. Might be a bit expensive but what a great idea...

atlfootr
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Rent a 15 passanger van and ride around looking at peoples garages!Guess'n that's about all there is to do in Tennessee, these days :rolleyes:

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-13-2007, 01:19 PM
I just had to go thru this. Grooms tend to forget that bachelor party shinnanigans are for the already married people attending and not just him! :D

Just kidding of course!

We ran a camping trip. Pulled a couple boats with us and took the mountain bikes too. Everyone enjoyed the trip so much that it was suggested we make it a yearly gig.

The first 'short' marriage is called "Starter Marriage" :D

RexDog1
07-13-2007, 01:21 PM

Harold you have been hanging around Ric to long .:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Guess'n that's about all there is to do in Tennessee, these days :rolleyes:

I'm in North Carolina, we ride in those little, yellow, short buses?:rolleyes:

MIMC
07-13-2007, 01:39 PM
JR -

I was in the same situation as you, Groom didn't want a stripper, but the attendees did. I decided to do the lake thing, we borrowed my neighbors 30' pontoon boat and got a keg, had the MC and jet skis for fun. Here's the twist - we hired two waitresses from our local Hooters to serve beer on the pontoon. They were not allowed to wear their "uniforms", but wore their bikinis instead. :cool: We were at Hooters one night and just started talking to our waitress about our idea and she had her friend come over and we set it up. Worked out great - we paid them $20 an hour for 4 hours, gave them each $20 tip - so $200 later everyone was happy. Split the cost between 10 guys was only $20 each - lot cheaper than a stripper. After the lake we took a limo to the Detroit Tigers game, hit a couple bars after that, home by 2:30 am. Good times!

Lee

M-Funf
07-13-2007, 01:46 PM
The first 'short' marriage is called "Starter Marriage" :D

I call my ex my "practice wife" :rolleyes:

Do what he wants. When I got married this time, I talked with the now wife. and we decided to have one big party together...had about 50 people over for BBQ, wine, beer, pinball, dancing, etc...no strippers, although she said if I wanted them, she would hire some...:D

JR34
07-13-2007, 01:55 PM
JR -

I was in the same situation as you, Groom didn't want a stripper, but the attendees did. I decided to do the lake thing, we borrowed my neighbors 30' pontoon boat and got a keg, had the MC and jet skis for fun. Here's the twist - we hired two waitresses from our local Hooters to serve beer on the pontoon. They were not allowed to wear their "uniforms", but wore their bikinis instead. :cool: We were at Hooters one night and just started talking to our waitress about our idea and she had her friend come over and we set it up. Worked out great - we paid them $20 an hour for 4 hours, gave them each $20 tip - so $200 later everyone was happy. Split the cost between 10 guys was only $20 each - lot cheaper than a stripper. After the lake we took a limo to the Detroit Tigers game, hit a couple bars after that, home by 2:30 am. Good times!

Lee

I haven't been to our local Hooters but I like this idea Lee - what is the etiquette on collecting from attendees for costs for beer, golf, "waitresses", poker buy-in, etc.? I thought I was on the hook for whole thing but is that not the case?

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Maristar210
07-13-2007, 02:08 PM
I haven't been to our local Hooters but I like this idea Lee - what is the etiquette on collecting from attendees for costs for beer, golf, "waitresses", poker buy-in, etc.? I thought I was on the hook for whole thing but is that not the case?

Thanks for the ideas guys.

Maybe those golf girls from the list could come>

MIMC
07-13-2007, 02:21 PM
JR -

Since I was best man, I paid for the beer and food at the house and on the lake. I've got some great and generous friends (nothing worse then having cheap arses at a Bachelor Party) and they also knew the groom very well. They had no problem pitching in for the girls since they would have spent more if we hired a stripper or went to a club. Also the guys were encouraged to tip the girls if they received any out of the oridinary service. :) I offered to pay for the $8 tickets at the ball game, but everyone agreed to pay for their own ticket and got the $15 seats instead. They also pitched in $20 for the limo and I covered the rest (about another $175). When we went to the bars everyone was feeling no pain and we all took turns buying rounds. Most of the guys probably spent $125 for the entire day($20 girls, $20 limo, $15 ticket, $60 on drinks at the game/bars, tips, etc). It all comes down to who you invite but it is also very important that you clearly communicate your plans and costs up front - no suprises! Any suprises IMHO should be covered by the best man. I probably spent around $500 for the entire party, hope this helps - Lee!

kingu
07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
He isn't really interested in the whole stripper thing at this point in life.

Oh sure...we all SAY we don't want a stripper :D

07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Oh sure...we all SAY we don't want a stripper :D
LOL!!! !!!!!! :uglyhamme

Not many people got the guts to say it! I WANT A HUKER! there, see? I said it!

I dont like any of hte ideas. Hukers are to bachelor parties like breathing is to life. :cool:

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 11:52 PM
LOL!!! !!!!!! :uglyhamme

Not many people got the guts to say it! I WANT A HUKER! there, see? I said it!

I dont like any of hte ideas. Hukers are to bachelor parties like breathing is to life. :cool:
According to what you write, you may never have one of your own. So have fun organizing others parties when you have a chance. I have to guess, in some cases, there isn't much difference between the stripper and the hooker.

07-13-2007, 11:58 PM
According to what you write, you may never have one of your own. So have fun organizing others parties when you have a chance. I have to guess, in some cases, there isn't much difference between the stripper and the hooker.
To-MAY-To, To-MAH-To

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 12:00 AM
To-MAY-To, To-MAH-To
I should clarify, there hasn't been much difference from what I've been told..8p

Kaser
07-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I used to work at a strip club and can honestly say.. when you go on the right night... and get tottally slaughtered... It's got to be one of the funnest nights to remember.

We've never had a bad bachelor party in our club. ;)

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I used to work at a strip club and can honestly say.. when you go on the right night... and get tottally slaughtered... It's got to be one of the funnest nights to remember.

We've never had a bad bachelor party in our club. ;)
Funny, I never even thought of throwing one at a "club"...:o Ordinarily we'd rent out one place or another. They tried one at someone's house once.....That was the end of that.

hUMP, let us know when the big day is coming would ya.

07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
Funny, I never even thought of throwing one at a "club"...:o Ordinarily we'd rent out one place or another. They tried one at someone's house once.....That was the end of that.

hUMP, let us know when the big day is coming would ya.
You aint coming to my house! you will probably get drunk and rowdy and try to rip out my bathroom heater lamp/fan unit.

Hoosier Bob
07-14-2007, 12:12 AM
I have always been one to avoid strip clubs at all costs. The best idea has always been the good old fashioned and safe back yard BBQ! Plenty of beer and fun. I always set it up buy sending the future bride and friends to mall of America for a good time 500 miles away. At this point I head to Sam's and load up with Beer, Brauts, Prime and Prons! Great weekend event for me and the other bachelors. Of course I then call Porsche, Mercedes, Cassidy, Ivana, Pearl and Jenna in for an incredible time!;)

LakePirate
07-14-2007, 12:16 AM
I have always been one to avoid strip clubs at all costs. The best idea has always been the good old fashioned and safe back yard BBQ! Plenty of beer and fun. I always set it up buy sending the future bride and friends to mall of America for a good time 500 miles away. At this point I head to Sam's and load up with Beer, Brauts, Prime and Prons! Great weekend event for me and the other bachelors. Of course I then call Porsche, Mercedes, Cassidy, Ivana, Pearl and Jenna in for an incredible time!;)

The best advice I got about this type of thing came from my grandfather. He said "why go there and give them money if you can go to a bar and have a chance to touch it?"

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 12:18 AM
How did you know the names of ALL my neighbors???

Workin' 4 Toys
07-14-2007, 12:19 AM
The best advice I got about this type of thing came from my grandfather. He said "why go there and give them money if you can go to a bar and have a chance to touch it?"
Interesting teachings... What other advice did he have...

Hoosier Bob
07-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Of course james was married four hours later and it will cost him ten times as much!:D

That is why your grandpa lied!