PDA

View Full Version : Rear Emblems On A 2002 X-7 - Should I Replace?

mdthacker
07-13-2007, 07:56 AM
I am getting ready to start a "restoration" on the gelcoat of my 2002 X-7. It's prior owner had it on their boat lift which was not covered. Because of this, I have some fairly strong fading on the rear of the boat in particular. To restore the color properly, I am going to be required to remove the MasterCraft World Record.. emblem from the rear of the boat.

So, my question is will not replacing the emblem hurt the value of the boat much? If so, can emblems be purchased for particular locations on the boat or do I need to get a full kit?

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 09:01 AM
I would say yes, you should get the full decal. There's a pretty good chance at least one will be messed up upon removal, not to mention they will probably lose some of their adhesive.
I would say you should call or contact Mike at MYMC (click here) (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/member.php?u=54) and ask him about the decal. I'd guess he'd get them to you in a couple days exactly as you need. And if I recall, they come with wax paper on the front and back, so you pull off the paper from the back and they are pre-spaced to make installation MUCH easier.

BeavenX5
07-13-2007, 10:37 AM
The dealer (Now Mastercraft Montreal Marine) did that same "restoration" to my boat when he sold it to me used and made me a custom decal instead of the original "wakeboard Edition" decal. I think it makes my boat special...