PDA

View Full Version : A Tribute to Thomas Kranendonk

BriEOD
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I am just returning from a tribute to Thomas that was held at the Kranendonk home on Lake Saxon in Land O' Lakes, FL. A memorial service was held for the late Thomas Kranendonk today at 1pm at the Temple Terrace Presbyterian Church followed by a celebration of Thomas' life at his home. Friends of the Kranendonks were able to engineer a spectacular ski show in Thomas' honor. Skiers came from all over Florida and included the home grown Jackson family, Geno Y. (Sky Skier) and some beautiful young ladies from Cypress Gardens. We saw jumping, bare footing, slalom, ski ski, swivel ski, pyramids, hand glider and more. The format was impressive and included music, an announcer, and some spectacular show driving by Jim Kranendonk. It was extremely professional and very well put together. Furthermore, there were some goregous MasterCraft boats providing the towing. There was well over 100-150 people in attendance and there was food, beer, etc. I had the privilege of meeting the infamous Skidog and Trickskier, nice fellas. There was a plethora of trucks and SUVs with MC stickers across the back lined up for a ¼ mile or better. Jim spoke about Thomas and a Protestant minister led us in prayer. I would also like to comment that one of the MC VPs flew down from TN to attend the memorial service. I heard several people comment about the level of commitment MC has to its people and dealers. Based on what I saw tonight, this was more impressive than any reunion, boat judging, etc. It was remarkable to see all the MC stickers, t-shirts, athletes, boats, equipment, etc. It was like being at a reunion, only 1000x's more special. It was a special evening and it was truly a treat for my family and I to celebrate Thomas’ life with the Kranendonks and 150 of our closest MC family members.

Maristar210
07-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Greetings Everyone,

I am just returning from a tribute to Thomas that was held at the Kranendonk home on Lake Saxon in Land O' Lakes, FL. A memorial service was held for the late Thomas Kranendonk today at 1pm at the Temple Terrace Presbyterian Church followed by a celebration of Thomas' life at his home. Friends of the Kranendonks were able to engineer a spectacular ski show in Thomas' honor. Skiers came from all over Florida and included the home grown Jackson family, Geno Y. (Sky Skier) and some beautiful young ladies from Cypress Gardens. We saw jumping, bare footing, slalom, ski ski, swivel ski, pyramids, hand glider and more. The format was impressive and included music, an announcer, and some spectacular show driving by Jim Kranendonk. It was extremely professional and very well put together. Furthermore, there were some goregous MasterCraft boats providing the towing. There was well over 100-150 people in attendance and there was food, beer, etc. I had the privilege of meeting the infamous Skidog and Trickskier, nice fellas. There was a plethora of trucks and SUVs with MC stickers across the back lined up for a ľ mile or better. Jim spoke about Thomas and a Protestant minister led us in prayer. I would also like to comment that one of the MC VPs flew down from TN to attend the memorial service. I heard several people comment about the level of commitment MC has to its people and dealers. Based on what I saw tonight, this was more impressive than any reunion, boat judging, etc. It was remarkable to see all the MC stickers, t-shirts, athletes, boats, equipment, etc. It was like being at a reunion, only 1000x's more special. It was a special evening and it was truly a treat for my family and I to celebrate Thomasí life with the Kranendonks and 150 of our closest MC family members.

Brian,

Thanks for posting this. I am still thinking of Jim and his family. I wish them all the best. I am happy the memorial was done in this fashion. Sounds like Jim is doing as okay as can be expected, good for him and his Mrs.

Thinking of you and your son Jim,

Steve

BriEOD
07-12-2007, 09:55 PM
My pleasure Steve. I wish you could have been there. You would have appreciated it.

BriEOD
07-12-2007, 10:24 PM
Back to the top..........

Maristar210
07-12-2007, 10:32 PM
This should stay on top, lets pin it heh?

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Nice post Bri. :)

The part I think is admirable about this tirbute was the celebration of his life. I think those are so much better for the family. This time is already filled with enough sorrow that a celebration of what Thomas loved and what his life was about is just a nice gesture in my opinion. Very nice tribute. Very nice.

bcampbe7
07-12-2007, 10:55 PM
Thanks for sharing this Brian.

BriEOD
07-12-2007, 10:56 PM
It was great. Jim drove in the show and one of Thomas' brothers rode the slalom ski. It was a bittersweet evening.

Willski
07-12-2007, 11:44 PM
That seems to be really all you can do at a time like this is celebrate the good times. The grieving process is very difficult, especially in a situation like this. You just have to realize that you were fortunate to spend that special time. Jim said it best. Hug your kids/loved ones. Appreciate them.

east tx skier
07-13-2007, 12:09 AM
Brian, thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great tribute

BriEOD
07-13-2007, 06:04 AM
It was, definitely.

atlfootr
07-13-2007, 06:54 AM
My wife and I send our deepest sympathy to Jim and his family, our thoughts and prayers are with them all.

T Scott
07-13-2007, 07:31 AM
Thanks for posting Brian. Jim and his family have been in my thoughts and prayers. The tribute sounded like a great time for the family to do some healing.

Tom

mitch
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
Nice post Brian...

Andrť
07-13-2007, 08:26 AM
Thanks to Brian and others who represented the Team Talm members.
That sound like an amazing tribute to a young man.
Great way to honor his memory...
Thanks Brian!

barefoot
07-13-2007, 08:46 AM
Top notch all the way! No doubt that Thomas is smiling right now

ProTour X9
07-13-2007, 09:33 AM
That was probably the best memorial you could have then, still thinking of you Jim.

RexDog1
07-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Thank You Brian for the visual of Thomas Tribute
My thoughts and prayers go out to Jim and family

Monte
07-13-2007, 09:44 AM
We're praying for you Jim......

trickskier
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
Yesterday's Memorial Service for Thomas was very touching and moving. The Church was overflowing with friends of Thomas and the Kranendonk family. Monitors were set-up in the Church's reception area to accommodate the standing room only crowd. Many of Thomas' friends spoke of how he touched their lives and how much he will be missed. It's truly amazing how one person can make such a difference in so many peoples lives.

The Celebration of Thomas' Life at the Kranendonk home afterwards was absolutely phenomenal. Like BriEOD said the ski show was one of the best I've ever seen. The large crowd overflowed into neighbors yards as people showed up to support the Kranendonk family. Skidog and I had the pleasure to see some old friends and share some old stories. The camaraderie there yesterday was unparalleled to anything I've ever been a part of.

Skidog and I both had our camera's and will be posting pics soon. You will have an opportunity to see what I'm talking about.

Jim, Mary Jane, John, & Robert.........Our family continues to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.................Godspeed

Rick

I would also like to add that Scott Crutchfield, Zane Schwenk & his wife were at the Memorial Service.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 11:02 AM
Yesterday's Memorial Service for Thomas was very touching and moving. The Church was overflowing with friends of Thomas and the Kranendonk family. Monitors were set-up in the Church's reception area to accommodate the standing room only crowd. Many of Thomas' friends spoke of how he touched their lives and how much he will be missed. It's truly amazing how one person can make such a difference in so many peoples lives.

The Celebration of Thomas' Life at the Kranendonk home afterwards was absolutely phenomenal. Like BriEOD said the ski show was one of the best I've ever seen. The large crowd overflowed into neighbors yards as people showed up to support the Kranendonk family. Skidog and I had the pleasure to see some old friends and share some old stories. The camaraderie there yesterday was unparalleled to anything I've ever been a part of.

Skidog and I both had our camera's and will be posting pics soon. You will have an opportunity to see what I'm talking about.

Jim, Mary Jane, John, & Robert.........Our family continues to keep all of you in our thoughts and prayers.................Godspeed

Rick

I would also like to add that Scott Crutchfield, Zane Schwenk & his wife were at the Memorial Service.

Great post Trick! I am trying to resize the whole batch of a couple hundred pics I took yesterday and will post a LOT of them soon! BTW, I appreciate you driving yesterday! Also, got a call from Crotty to this morning, Will fill you in later. Thanks, Dog

betsy&david Harrison
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
As a decent human being on this Earth, we can only strive for what Thomas achieved in his life. To touch the lives of so many. To leave lasting memories that leave smiles on our face or memories that touch us in a different way. I can only hope and pray that I raise my own two children to be the type of person Thomas was to so many.

Thank-you TT members that gave us the wonderful details of the service.

B

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 11:41 AM
As a decent human being on this Earth, we can only strive for what Thomas achieved in his life. To touch the lives of so many. To leave lasting memories that leave smiles on our face or memories that touch us in a different way. I can only hope and pray that I raise my own two children to be the type of person Thomas was to so many.

Thank-you TT members that gave us the wonderful details of the service.

B

You ain't seen nuthin yet!:)

betsy&david Harrison
07-13-2007, 11:43 AM
The pics are going to cause a lot of tears all across the nation and I for one am looking forward to it.

trickskier
07-13-2007, 11:44 AM
Great post Trick! I am trying to resize the whole batch of a couple hundred pics I took yesterday and will post a LOT of them soon! BTW, I appreciate you driving yesterday! Also, got a call from Crotty to this morning, Will fill you in later. Thanks, Dog
Thanks Dog,
YESTERDAY was a LONG DAY!!! But the Cutty got us home.............;)

Kyle's_prostar205
07-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Wow that sounds like an awesome memorial! Thanks for sharing that with us guys! Jim you and your family are still my thoughts and prayers!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 05:56 PM
OK, lets try a few pics from yesterday.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Would SOMEBODY please tell me how to post more than 1 pic in a post! I know that 4 is the max, but i don't wanna have them as attachments.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:07 PM
more..........

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:08 PM
guess I'lll do em 1 @ a time!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:09 PM
keep em coming!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:11 PM
I'm gonna be here all night!:(

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:12 PM
wetting the ramp

tex
07-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Keep em coming!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:13 PM
Keep em coming!
I'm a working on it there TEX!

Sodar
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
You have gotta load them to an image hosting site and then link them to TT in order to post more than one....

tex
07-13-2007, 06:14 PM
You're doing great!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:16 PM
Tiny wakeboarder

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:18 PM
go fly a kite!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:19 PM
more kite flying

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:21 PM
Kite @ sunset.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
close to landing

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:22 PM
a few of my fav's

pq2
07-13-2007, 06:23 PM
great job skidog, keep posting them. Looks like an incredible event.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:24 PM
cute little girl belonging to Mark Vance & the above chickie!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 06:25 PM
winding down the show

bigmac
07-13-2007, 08:36 PM
Would SOMEBODY please tell me how to post more than 1 pic in a post! I know that 4 is the max, but i don't wanna have them as attachments.To post more than one image per post, they have to be hosted on a remote server.

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 08:43 PM
Anywho, thanks skidog for sharing the pictures with us!

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Jim the Ultimate Host

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Without a doubt..........The BEST pic of the day..............

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:16 PM
Jim at the HELM

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:18 PM
DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME..........................Professional drivers on a closed course................:headbang:

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Let's JUMP..............

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:22 PM
The Supporting Cast................

SDAhockey21
07-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Very cool guys! Keep the pics coming!

trickskier
Poetry in Motion

BriEOD
Great shots guys. I see my daughter sitting on the dock.

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:26 PM
More Poetry

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:29 PM
Big Air................

kingu
07-13-2007, 09:30 PM
great pics and thanks for sharing.

i replied to your "more than 1 pic in a post" to tell you how to do it. may be too late now.

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:32 PM
Get Up..............

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:33 PM
And Over..............

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:35 PM
Double Overtime..............

BriEOD
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
The four jumpers were all from the same family...dad and three sons I believe.

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:36 PM
One for Atlfootr

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:38 PM
Heading Out

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:40 PM
OK, OK, I'm in CHARGE here

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:41 PM
Flipping out

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:52 PM
These guys are GOOD..................:headbang:

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Fantastic Skyline

trickskier
07-13-2007, 09:59 PM
Skidog..........................AKA............... .........Shutter Bug.................:rolleyes:

trickskier
07-13-2007, 10:01 PM
Double-up..........

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 10:02 PM

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 10:05 PM
Thanks KINGU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :worthy: :worthy:

atlfootr
07-13-2007, 10:09 PM
One for AtlfootrThanks tman :D

trickskier
07-13-2007, 10:10 PM
Jim,
As sad as it was to be there................I want you to know that was one of the best days I've had in a long time. I will always have a special place in my heart for the memories of Thomas and your family that we shared that day.
Your Friend,
Rick

trickskier
07-13-2007, 10:12 PM
Great shots Dog!!!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 10:19 PM
Great shots Dog!!!
I got this thing figured out now thanks to KINGU!

Jim@BAWS
07-13-2007, 10:20 PM
http://lol-butter-effect.blogspot.com/

Thanks to all who came out to remember and celebrate my sons life! Click on MORE PHOTOS on the bottom. Two of the LAST images are videos. The first one is John my middle son. The next one is the "Jackson Boys" Ben and Matt who are like my own and "Big Brothers" to Thomas and John. The hang glider pilot was there dad and my BEST FRIEND who got me into show skiing, Brian Jackson. We will try to post more photos.

BRIeod, SKIDOG, TRICKSKIER...everyone THANKS for the bottom of out hearts. The "THOMAS KRANENDONK SCHOLAR ATHLETE FUND" has already seen a growth of almost $5000 as of this evening. Mary Jane and I look foward to presenting, to a kind, well deserving, young man or woman in Thomas' name. All the info that BRIeod has given out is correct for the fund. I know that deposits have already been made into that account. I do not know who you are...I wish I did so that Mary and I could thank you in some way. You will be very very proud of the selection of the future recipiant of the scholarship. This will not be a 1 time giving. The vice superintendant of the school system has told Mary and I that there are people always looking to donate into these kinds of funds. Those monies are distributed into different accounts.
Thomas' name will live on. Thanks for remembering our son!!!

For those of you that maybe think that this was some of large party...far far from it. There was not a single untearing eye at our house as EVERYBODY held hands and embraced after a touching prayer. This was our way of paying tribute to Thomas....I hope it is a day that none of you will never forget, whether you where there or not. I am hoping to get it posted someway or somehow on YOU TUBE.
My techincal crew is on temporary leave of absense.

I LOVE YOU THOMAS !!!

Your Dad !!!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 10:22 PM

07-13-2007, 10:24 PM
NICE PICS EVERYONE!!! :) Looks like a heckuva nice show!

T Scott
07-13-2007, 10:32 PM

Thanks to all who came out to remember and celebrate my sons life! Click on MORE PHOTOS on the bottom. Two of the LAST images are videos. The first one is John my middle son. The next one is the "Jackson Boys" Ben and Matt who are like my own and "Big Brothers" to Thomas and John. The hang glider pilot was there dad and my BEST FRIEND who got me into show skiing, Brian Jackson. We will try to post more photos.

BRIeod, SKIDOG, TRICKSKIER...everyone THANKS for the bottom of out hearts. The "THOMAS KRANENDONK SCHOLAR ATHLETE FUND" has already seen a growth of almost $5000 as of this evening. Mary Jane and I look foward to presenting, to a kind, well deserving, young man or woman in Thomas' name. All the info that BRIeod has given out is correct for the fund. I know that deposits have already been made into that account. I do not know who you are...I wish I did so that Mary and I could thank you in some way. You will be very very proud of the selection of the future recipiant of the scholarship. This will not be a 1 time giving. The vice superintendant of the school system has told Mary and I that there are people always looking to donate into these kinds of funds. Those monies are distributed into different accounts.

For those of you that maybe think that this was some of large party...far far from it. There was not a single untearing eye at our house as EVERYBODY held hands and embraced after a touching prayer. This was our way of paying tribute to Thomas....I hope it is a day that none of you will never forget, whether you where there or not. I am hoping to get it posted someway or somehow on YOU TUBE.

I LOVE YOU THOMAS !!!

Your Dad !!!

Jim,
I am moved by your words. Thanks for your open heart during your sad time. You have helped me learn to slow down and appreciate and love the people around me. Life goes by way too fast!

God Bless,

Tom

trickskier
07-13-2007, 10:34 PM
UMP..............this was one of the times that the pictures captured the memories..................
But you had to be there to TRULY FEEL THE LOVE!!!

07-13-2007, 10:37 PM
I LOVE YOU THOMAS !!!

Your Dad !!!I was doin OK until I got to this part. all teary eyed now.

hleepert
Jim:

I can't imagine how dificult it has been for you this past week. Keep on celebrating Thomas' life. God has a plan and from the looks of all the postings and cleebrations Thomas has touched many lives. We can only hope that our children have the same kind of impact on others lives that Thomas has on ours. As I looked at the pictures that have been posted on this site I noticed that I was wearing the same shirt as you in the pictures. I'm not sure if it was a conscious decision for me to wear the shirt tonight or if it was maybe someone showing me from above but I can't help but think about the celebration of Thomas' life that you experieced yesteday. Thank you Jim, and to all that have posted on this site. It it heartwarming to know that Christ is working in all of our lives to help the healing process.

God bless!

Lee

I LOVE YOU THOMAS !!!

Your Dad !!!

UMP..............this was one of the times that the pictures captured the memories..................
But you had to be there to TRULY FEEL THE LOVE!!!
Tricky, I hear you brother, I hear you.

6ballsisall
07-13-2007, 10:52 PM
Thanks for sharing this Brian. Sounds like it was a great event. It's great to hear that everyone celebrated Thomas' life and his new home up above.

trickskier
07-13-2007, 11:03 PM
Jim,
One last pic..............
Here's the pic of my daughter, you, her friend Catherine & Thomas at a Reunion in Tampa.

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Jim,
Here's the pic of my daughter, you, her friend Catherin & Thomas at a Reunion in Tampa.
NOW THATS A HELL OF A GREAT PICTURE!

tex
07-13-2007, 11:05 PM
Jim,
Here's the pic of my daughter, you, her friend Catherin & Thomas at a Reunion in Tampa.
My vote for best pic!

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 11:06 PM
THREADJACK! Gotta freaking backed up septic tank! Gotta go! Dog:mad: :mad: :mad:

trickskier
07-13-2007, 11:10 PM
THREADJACK! Gotta freaking backed up septic tank! Gotta go! Dog:mad: :mad: :mad:
I don't think you're going to be able to GO for awhile................... :o

Hoosier Bob
07-13-2007, 11:14 PM
We understand Jim as much as we can. The respect, strength and love shown is amazing. Like we have said Thomas was ahead of his time. You and your extended family are as well. What incredible pictures and an even more incredible coming together of friends, family and loved ones. I can honestly say you and your family are made of all that is right. Great pictures and a very handsome family. Thomas is proud and very fortunate to have had the opportunity to have enjoyed so much love, experience and enjoyment. Thomas remembered, Thomas is and will be a big part of us all. Please keep posting as I believe we need a little more "Thomas!" At 42 it is great to see someone so full of life! Take care Jim! You have a great family!http://lol-butter-effect.blogspot.com/

I LOVE YOU THOMAS !!!

Your Dad !!!

Jim@BAWS
07-13-2007, 11:57 PM
Jim,
Here's the pic of my daughter, you, her friend Catherine & Thomas at a Reunion in Tampa.

Ric,

It is close to midnight here. 1 week and 12 hours ago...I just had a very emotional hour long conversation with UMP about inner stength and perciverance (sp). This last hour and that photo of Thomas
with your child and friend is going to help me get a good nights sleep.

I need it....

Thanks my friend

Jim

07-14-2007, 12:06 AM
Jim, you are an amazing human being. your strength, wisdom, positive energy, and love is truly an inspiration. To have your atttitude after the tragic loss you have just experienced is just.....amazing. I wish everyone had friends like you, the world would be a quite a place. You will never know how much you have helped a friend during a hard time.

Thank you my friend.:) God Bless.

Don

trickskier
07-14-2007, 05:47 AM
Ric,

It is close to midnight here. 1 week and 12 hours ago...I just had a very emotional hour long conversation with UMP about inner stength and perciverance (sp). This last hour and that photo of Thomas
with your child and friend is going to help me get a good nights sleep.

I need it....

Thanks my friend

Jim
Jim,

We are all here for you and your family. You have my number, PLEASE don't hesitate to call me if you need anything. I'll be glad to help in anyway I can...................

I am happy to hear the picture gave you some tranquillity last night.

Your Friend,
Rick

BriEOD
07-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Jim,

Same applies with me. I know you have a strong support system in LOL, but if I can do anything, or if you need someone to talk with please don't hesitate to call. Unfortunately, as the dust settles and family departs and your immediate family has to get back to "normal," it will continue to be a challenge. This I know from personal experience. Call if you need anything and I'll be by the dealership soon.

Brian

Jim@BAWS
07-14-2007, 01:39 PM
Written to me this AM from a close friend....
I wanted to share this with all of you to add some comfort and peace that somewhere somehow there is a power greater than us looking down upon us. Thanks to all for ALL your support...

Jim

Some very good friend of ours lost their son Thomas in a tragic accident Friday July 6.

One of many articles about the tragedy can be found at http://www.sptimes.com/2007/07/07/Pasco/Teen_killed_in_tracto.shtml

In the week that followed I was blessed to be part of their lives as they started the grieving process and there was some very strong spiritual aspects of this past week for all of us, no doubt attributed in part to all the continuing prayers for the family and the openness of the parents to allow friends to try to be there for them in whatever way we can.

The funeral was attended, according to some estimates, by about 800 people. My daughter Nicole has a new digital camera and decided to take a picture of a picture of the three brothers that was on display in the church hall. She took only one picture of this picture and the result is attached. There is a physical explanation; of course it was a flash camera. But there is also a physical explanation for a rainbow, yet I see rainbows as Godís smile and the beauty of its colors as something He empowers us to see. I see the Light of Christ on Thomasís face.

May you all find the spirituality and true friendships you need in times of trouble. There is nothing worse than losing a child and our hearts and prayers will continue to go out to our friends the Kranendonks. My hope is that the positive things that happened in our community that truly came together over this tragedy, and in the individuals touched by it, remains long into the future.

Rest in Godís peace Thomas

Larry

This photo was taken at the get together the other day

Flash reflection, was the flash used. Believe what you want

I know what I believe

Jim@BAWS
07-14-2007, 09:37 PM
My favorite skiing photo of Thomas

justinglow
07-14-2007, 10:47 PM
Awesome picture of Thomas skiing Jim.

fintek9
07-15-2007, 12:53 AM
I know what I believe and I know what I see in that pic of the three boys Jim,
And thats the same feeling you have.

Jim@BAWS
07-26-2007, 10:23 PM
I needed to add one more picture/collage of Thomas

Thanks so much for all your thoughts and prayers

The Kranendonks

Maristar210
07-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Very Nice Jim.

Thanks for posting;)

03 35th Anniversary
07-26-2007, 10:29 PM
Very Nice Jim.

Thanks for posting;)
Same Here.

Kyle's_prostar205
07-27-2007, 10:11 AM
Great pictures Jim! Thanks for the post!