PDA

View Full Version : My life is over

Kaser
07-12-2007, 09:40 PM
My dad sold our 84 stars and stripes!!!

i didn't even get to get one last run behind it :(

Workin' 4 Toys
07-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Maybe that's the trailer you saw next to the garage. A new MC....

Jerseydave
07-12-2007, 09:44 PM
You should have bought it from him (I bought my first boat at 19, not an MC however)

Why did he sell? Is he getting something else?

BriEOD
07-12-2007, 09:46 PM
Get a new boat.

Maristar210
07-12-2007, 09:50 PM

Your life has not yet begun. There will be much more oportunities for you....

TheOneandOnly
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
thats not a bad thing, go with newer there better

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:04 PM
thats not a bad thing, go with newer there better

Where did you get your info dude?:confused:

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:06 PM

Must have been a good deal for your dad.... and why are you blaming your father because you did not get a last run behind it?;)

TheOneandOnly
07-12-2007, 10:07 PM
you dont think the newer MC's are better??? so the company hasnt progressed to better?

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:14 PM
you dont think the newer MC's are better??? so the company hasnt progressed to better?

Oh yes... you do have a valid point for sure my friend.. Mastercraft has definitely progressed in quality and being innovative in every aspect of boat engineering......but being better is relative don't you think..

Were you alive in the early 70's when Mastercraft got their start, or just a gleam in your pappy's eye???....;)

tex
07-12-2007, 10:19 PM

Sucks to have a dad on crack!

JDK
07-12-2007, 10:20 PM
......but being better is relative don't you think..

?????? ...... maybe 'relatively' better than an '84 Nautique but dude, we're talking a boat that's almost 25 yrs. old.

Monte
07-12-2007, 10:22 PM

Very eloquent observation there Tex;) :):D

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:25 PM
?????? ...... maybe 'relatively' better than an '84 Nautique but dude, we're talking a boat that's almost 25 yrs. old.

Yea, I get your drift...but still do not understand what you are trying to say or the point your are making....

TheOneandOnly
07-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Oh yes... you do have a valid point for sure my friend.. Mastercraft has definitely progressed in quality and being innovative in every aspect of boat engineering......but being better is relative don't you think..

Were you alive in the early 70's when Mastercraft got their start, or just a gleam in your pappy's eye???....;)

I love MC of course, I was just saying the newer ones are in my eyes more appealing/better, however I assume the older ones have their stripes. I assume your a old school boat lover which is all good I understand I love old cars.

Ya i was swimming still in the early 70's until the late 70's :D

Monte
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
This is going to go no where fellas..

New is new (as long as it is taken good care of)

and

old is just better (as long as it is taken good care of)...

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:33 PM
I love MC of course, I was just saying the newer ones are in my eyes more appealing/better, however I assume the older ones have their stripes. I assume your a old school boat lover which is all good I understand I love old cars.

Ya i was swimming still in the early 70's until the late 70's :D

Yea we pretty much are all friends here on this board....technology and innovation has come a long way since the late 60's early 70's....I am sure Mastercraft has never forgotten their roots, and neither have I....;)

TMCNo1
07-12-2007, 11:38 PM
Could be the dad's mistress's fault and he needs the money to pay for her crack!:rolleyes: :toast: :firejump:

Kaser
07-12-2007, 11:39 PM
i didn't know he was selling it! he had only talked about it. and boom it's gone today.

he's mentioned a barefoot sanger boat.. so we'll see how that goes.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 08:24 AM
he's mentioned a barefoot sanger boat..
Maybe he wanted to sell the MC and buy something else, and end up with a whole bunch of money left over after "this" purchase.:rolleyes:

Ric
07-13-2007, 08:35 AM

i didn't even get to get one last run behind it :( whew I thought the same thing when I was a kid and Dad sold the family boat... The silver lining is that my buddies and I began to ski tournaments just so we could ski inboards. Get on that right away.

suedv
07-13-2007, 08:45 AM
Join a show ski team. You will get to be a better skier and learn new things from others on the team. You'll ski at practices and shows.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Print out some online MC advertisements and leave them suspiciously laying around the house.....

Edit: And some pics too.....

jraben8
07-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Join a show ski team. You will get to be a better skier and learn new things from others on the team. You'll ski at practices and shows.

I joined a ski team in our community when I was in high school and this is how my dad was introduced to inboard ski boats. Very soon after the I/O was gone and in it's place was a Ski Su..... but it was an inboard and the price was right.

MC's have been in the stable since then...

With show skiers, you will learn so many different things that it can make your head spin. The learning curve is huge and fast... If you want to learn something, there is always someone there to help you.

RexDog1
07-13-2007, 09:45 AM

No, he is right………:rolleyes:

His life is over………..:(

LOL come on out to Calf. And we will take you out :D

But I think Sue idea works for me!!!!!!:headbang:

barefoot
07-13-2007, 10:02 AM
he's mentioned a barefoot sanger boat..

Hands down, that's the best wake I've ever footed behind.

03 35th Anniversary
07-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Hands down, that's the best wake I've ever footed behind.
Yes, a sanger has an excellent wake and hole shot. But the rest of the boat leaves alot to be desired. Not many creature comforts or just plain room in those boats. If your looking for just about 2 or 3 people to go out and foot and come back, the boat is great. If you want family room, then not so great.

06197ttlq9-footer
07-13-2007, 10:22 AM
You did have one last run behind it. If you dont remember it thats your fault. Every run could be your last, make the best of it.

TMCNo1
07-13-2007, 11:20 AM
At age 60, this dad will have to decide someday about getting rid of our boat/van and getting out, maybe sooner than most would think. We will first explain to our daughter why and when and probably give her and her husband first chance at it, give it to them or just sell it outright. Anyway, it will be discussed first and whatever the decision is, my daughter has the maturity to accept it and not be selfish, that it is gone, if they don't get it.

Toober Tom
07-13-2007, 11:29 AM
At age 60, this dad will have to decide someday about getting rid of our boat and getting out, maybe sooner than most would think. We will first explain to our daughter why and when and probably give her and her husband first chance at it, give it to them or just sell it outright. Anyway, it will be discussed first and whatever the decision is, my daughter has the maturity to accept it and not be selfish, that it is gone, if they don't get it.
Hey Herold, if she passes on it, can I have second right of refusal?

or better yet, would you consider adopting me?

Monte
07-13-2007, 11:33 AM
At age 60, this dad will have to decide someday about getting rid of our boat and getting out, maybe sooner than most would think. We will first explain to our daughter why and when and probably give her and her husband first chance at it, give it to them or just sell it outright. Anyway, it will be discussed first and whatever the decision is, my daughter has the maturity to accept it and not be selfish, that it is gone, if they don't get it.

I say give it another ten years and give it to Maddie;)

TheOneandOnly
07-13-2007, 03:45 PM
Kasier here you go, heres one for u to buy

http://www.usedboats.com/powerboats/1981/19'-ft/mastercraft/stars--stripes/waterski-boat/inboard/22973/1116071.htm

Kaser
07-13-2007, 04:19 PM
now that I think about it... We're better off with a new boat. ;)

there where alot of problems with that boat and it usually seemed to kill the mood half way through the day when it decided to act up... It had it's days though.. man i tell you what :)

fintek9
07-15-2007, 12:16 AM
There you go Kazer, remember that family boat that got you hooked
in the first place, took me 25 years to get my own, your young enough
yet to find your priorities, get a boat and live for awhile before settling
down.
is footin all you do? don't have a boom, but do boarding and some skiing. If the new boat does'nt come soon enough we can hook up
and i'll give you your fix.
You said you were in Paw Paw correct?
I'm 15 min away