PDA

View Full Version : Location of Depth Finder Transducer on 2005 X-2

boofer
07-12-2007, 09:02 PM
Hello. I am installing the stock depth finder on a 2005 X-2 that came without one. All is well, but I cannot determine the proper placement of the transducer. I have been told two different things from two different dealerships. What I could really use is a picture or two of the location of a factory installed transducer in this hull design. Thanks.

WTRSK1R
07-12-2007, 09:48 PM
I can tell you where it is in my 197. I do not know if it is the same, but on my 197 there is a molded depression in the hull just on one side of the prop shaft where it goes through the hull. it is probalby about 4 inches by 5 inches square, and about 1/2 inch deep. That is where the factory instructions indicated to install it since I did it after purchase. If you would like a picture of the location in the 197 I can post it.

Steve

boofer
07-12-2007, 10:26 PM
Steve,

There is a depression on the port/left side behind the PP paddlewheel. On the inside of the boat it is raised and flat, but sits under the edge of the transmission. I though this might be the spot, but it is somewhat questionable. I am not sure if the transducer should be behind the PP paddlewheel and if it will even fit. But, if you would be so kind as to take me a picture I would definitely appreciate it. It might help me to see what this "spot" is suppose to look like even if your boat is direct drive (if I am correct).

James