PDA

View Full Version : Need Input from 2004 X-Star Owners

shaivism
07-12-2007, 07:26 PM
Folks,

How hard is it to fold the 2004 X-Star tower down on a daily basis? Is anyone doing that?

nuckinfutz
07-12-2007, 10:31 PM
it weighs 2 million pounds!! If your 9 feet tall and built like a gorilla... Its not that bad!

Ok, Its awkward and heavy. If you have 2 people life is a little bit easier. The difficult part is that when your about half way forward, the tower is really tall. Im 6' tall and had to stand on a small step ladder set up in the bow to catch it. I did it by myself once before and wouldn't recommend doing it on a daily basis. Putting it back was a little bit harder. You really have to pay attention to the wires that are in the middle of the tubes. They tend to get caught (pinched) when you fold the tower back.

PendO
07-13-2007, 01:54 AM
it weighs 2 million pounds!! If your 9 feet tall and built like a gorilla... Its not that bad!

Ok, Its awkward and heavy. If you have 2 people life is a little bit easier. The difficult part is that when your about half way forward, the tower is really tall. Im 6' tall and had to stand on a small step ladder set up in the bow to catch it. I did it by myself once before and wouldn't recommend doing it on a daily basis. Putting it back was a little bit harder. You really have to pay attention to the wires that are in the middle of the tubes. They tend to get caught (pinched) when you fold the tower back.

Ditto, with speakers on the tower it is a real PITA ... and the tower bolts seem to want to crossthread / cut new threads every time since the material you are screwing into is not the same material that the bolts are made of ... avoid it if possible, I wouldn't want to do it more than a few times a year ...