PDA

View Full Version : air lock 83 stars and stripes

amber 6
07-12-2007, 07:57 PM
At the start of my season each time I put the boat in the water and start up I get an airlock at the top of the raw water intake pipe about 6 inches long and cant shift it. On the hose she runs and pumps out the exchaust is the some way of moving this air lock please.

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 09:11 PM
I am not sure I understand the the meaning of the air lock problem in the way it is communicated in the message as stated here....is she kinky in anyway????

Willski
07-12-2007, 09:14 PM
I don't understand either? It is basically an open system, so there should be no means to lock in air.

TMCNo1
07-12-2007, 09:16 PM
When was the last time you changed the raw water pum impeller, if ever?

If the garden hose has enough pressure it may force enough water thru the engine to appear it is cooling and the pump is working properly, but when setting in the lake the impeller may be toast and it hasn't got enough umph to suck water to pump water thru the cooling system properly. If it is pulling water and pushing water, there should never be a AIR LOCK!

ski_king
07-12-2007, 09:20 PM
I see you asked the same question last fall.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=261651#post261651

As suggested in the other thread, check your impeller and make sure the cooler is not clogged.

Other than that, I got nuttin.

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 09:22 PM
I see you asked the same question last fall.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=261651#post261651

As suggested in the other thread, check your impeller and make sure the cooler is not clogged.

Other than that, I got nuttin.

Your good man....compliments from here!!!:D

TMCNo1
07-12-2007, 09:29 PM
The questions that were asked by other were never answered last time.
Let's see what happens this time, must not be important.
I'll check back in the fall, this year!

ski_king
07-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Amber, before you tear apart your water pump to check or PUT IN a new impeller, take a picture of it first. It is possible to reassemble it backwards (which is bad).

Curious: Can you get parts over there in Ireland or do you have to have shipped from US?

Slinkyredfoot
07-12-2007, 10:53 PM
The questions that were asked by other were never answered last time.
Let's see what happens this time, must not be important.
I'll check back in the fall, this year!

See ya in October Harold....

amber 6
07-13-2007, 04:06 AM
OK when i drop the boat in the water and start up there is an airlock in the intake pipe so no water makes it into the engine. I take from all the replies if the impeller was good this wouldn't happen so I will change the impeller. I posted in case this happened after draining the system and a proceedure was available to clear the air from the raw water pipe. Ta