PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Scholar Fund for Thomas

Dean Witmer
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
Good morning guys - Today is the memorial service for Thomas. I know we will see many of you there, and will be in the thoughts of others. The service is at 1:00pm so keep Jim and Mary in your prayers at that time. Here is the information on the Memorial Fund -

Thomas J. Kranendonk
Scholar Athlete Fund
Bank Atlantic
9300 56th St.
Temple Terrace, Fl

Jim@BAWS
07-14-2007, 09:39 PM
Thomas Kranendonk

Jim@BAWS
08-20-2007, 02:45 PM
I wanted to give everone and update. I meet with the Pasco Education Foundation this AM...Pasco County's first day of school. So mnay of you here contributed to the Scholarship fund in Thomas' name. Just over $15000 has been raised to distribute to future scholar athletes in Thomas' name. Because of so many of you his name and what he represented, to so many in our community will live on forever.

We are very blessed to have so many people in our extended family that Mary Jane and I have not even met.

Thankyou so very very much from our hearts. I will keep you updated on who the first 2007/2008 recipant will be. I know that you will not be disappointed.

Jim

Good morning guys - Today is the memorial service for Thomas. I know we will see many of you there, and will be in the thoughts of others. The service is at 1:00pm so keep Jim and Mary in your prayers at that time. Here is the information on the Memorial Fund -

Thomas J. Kranendonk
Scholar Athlete Fund
Bank Atlantic
9300 56th St.
Temple Terrace, Fl

Jim@BAWS
02-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Good Morning everyone on Team Talk. As of last night The Schlorship set up in Thomas name is almost at $25000. What a tribute that so many of you contributed to. Last night Mary Jane and I recieved a email from the Pasco Education Foundation with the FINAL 7 applications. Lawrence (TREY) Dahl was our final choice. A senior at Land O Lakes HS that will be attending USF on a scholarship for baseball. This is a copy of the essay that he wrote to University of Gainsville to go to school there. You all would be proud of our selection. He is the kind of youngman that Thomas represented. Kind Honest, hardworking...an all around good kid with a bright future in front of him !!!

Write a concise narrative in which you describe a meaningful event experience or accomplishment in your life and how it will affect your college experience or your contribution to the UF campus community. Between 400-500 words.

"It was a summer filled with boyish friendship, exciting adventures, and endless nights that are overflowing with precious memories. Whether it was a day out on the lake or a bonfire that lasted late into the night we were always having fun and living life to the fullest. I can remember the day Thomas and I drove to our local mall to buy a set of golf clubs that I could use to play with when I had returned home from the Fourth of July weekend at the beach. We went to the golf pro shop and found a pair of left-handed clubs that was perfect for me. As a baseball player by trade, my golf swing was a little rusty and needed some work. I decided to try out the clubs in the store in an area they had set up to hit balls into a net. I started out with the five iron and despite my most determined efforts I could barely lift the ball off the ground. My friend Thomas, who had been playing much longer than me and had become very skilled at the game, noticed what was wrong with my swing and tried to help me out. I followed his advice but was still having trouble hitting the ball straight, however Thomas was persistent in his goal to teach me the game of golf and kept encouraging me to try again while giving me tips and inspirational insight. After what had seemed like forever to me, I was finally hitting the ball nicely, but only because of the persistent encouragement from Thomas.
Thomas and I had acquired a very close friendship that summer as we both played on the high school baseball team and we both worked at the boat dealership that his dad owned down the road. I was scheduled to work with Thomas the Friday I got back from vacation, but his dad called and told me I would not need to come in. I slept in that day and was going about my ordinary summer routines when the afternoon thunderstorms came rolling in, along with the worst news I had ever received in my life. My friend Thomas had died late that morning in a tragic accident that occurred at his father’s boat dealership. In one single solitary moment my entire universe had changed so drastically that my stomach felt ill and I was utterly shocked with disbelief. Even though my best friend was taken before his life was complete, he was still able to touch the hearts and souls of so many people because of his kind nature and determined spirit. I will never forget the lesson he taught me on our last day together at the pro shop, which was to always be encouraging and patient with others, as well as to be determined with my own ambitions and to step up to challenging tasks that will require me to focus and push through any struggles. It is now my goal to attend the University of Florida where I know I will be challenged to a level of excellence that, with the advice of Thomas to never give up, I am confident in my abilities to meet the challenge and succeed in my aspirations."

Thanks for reading. Congrats to Trey !!!

T Scott
02-28-2008, 10:19 AM
Awesome essay! Thanks for sharing Jim. You should be proud.

bcampbe7
02-28-2008, 11:11 AM
Great essay and congrats to Trey!

Thanks for sharing Jim.

coz
02-28-2008, 01:19 PM
Sounds like a true friend and qualified recipiant. My hat's off to you and Mary Jane for taking your life changing experience and turning it into such a possitive life changing experience for this young man. Truly a wonderful thing. Congrats to Trey.

flipper
02-28-2008, 01:46 PM
Great essay. Congrats to Trey. Nice to see such a horrible thing get turned around into a great thing. I think we all can learn from this story. Thanks for sharing Jim.

dapicatti
03-02-2008, 02:08 AM
What a tribute to Thomas, and a wonderful way to make a difference for this young man. I am sure you are very proud, and thrilled to see Thomas's legacy live on like this.

Bruce
03-02-2008, 05:09 PM
I confess to being a little misty eyed reading all of this. Great job all around! A living memorial indeed.

Jim@BAWS
03-13-2008, 10:54 AM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/03/gators-dahl-is.html

Watch the VIDEO....Trey in Action

Jim

coz
03-13-2008, 11:04 AM
http://blogs.tampabay.com/preps/2008/03/gators-dahl-is.html

Watch the VIDEO....Trey in Action

Jim

Land O Lakes Lefty has some heat for sure and a very impressive record. Hope the best for Trey in his major league future. :D Very cool. :cool:

Jim@BAWS
03-11-2009, 12:54 PM
This is a copy of an email that maybe some of you recieved today.

The account set up for Thomas' Scholaship is right at $25000. And as many
of you know that means a $1000 SCHOLARSHIP every year forever in Thomas' name

This year, which would have been the year of Thomas' graduation. the Pasco Educational
Foundation has offered to administer some additional funds and allow 2 $1000 Scholarships this year only. After Thursdays varsity BB game we will announce the first Austin Costa

I will get some photos done so you guys and gals can see who this first recipant is.
I will also get a right up for you on both. Some many of you contributed to the fund.
Just want to keep you informed

Talk to you soon

Jim@BAWS

Good Day to all...

After Thurs. Varsity BB game at LOLHS when the Gators Beat Sunlake
Mary Jane the boys and I will announce the first of 2 scholarships this year
in Thomas' name. The Pasco Educational Foundation has some additional funds
to release this year and this year only as this year 2009 would be Thomas'
graduation. Pass this email on. Many of you probably also recieved a
TEXT message also

Hope to see everyone there. Come out and support LOLHS Gator BB

Jim and MaryJane

Jim@BAWS
03-13-2009, 03:07 PM
Auston Costa and his teammates after last nights win againist Sunlake

CONGRATS AUSTIN. Thomas Younger brother John in the Gold LOL T Shirt
and Robert on top of Patrick's shoulders

MORE NEWS TO COME....

BriEOD
03-13-2009, 08:45 PM
That is good stuff Jim. Kudos to you and Mary Jane for making something so positive out of this.

God Bless Thomas.

Jim@BAWS
03-27-2009, 10:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzzoifNXLRY&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Eourtownfla%2Ecom%2FG%5FHig h%5FSchool%5FActivities%2FLandOLakes%2DHS%2DPkg%2F LANDOLAKES%5FHS%2Ehtm&feature=player_embedded

So many of you guys stepped up to the plate on this. Be proud of yourselves. This scholarship will last forever
We can't thank you enough

There will be another link soon for the other recipant

http://www.ourtownfla.com/G_High_School_Activities/LandOLakes-HS-Pkg/LANDOLAKES_HS.htm

Thanks Jim Mary Jane John and Robert