PDA

View Full Version : Opening the Store

east tx skier
02-20-2005, 05:28 AM
This is a new one for me. Apart from 5 guests (probably looking at the swimsuit thread), I'm the only one here. Couldn't sleep (too much Thai food too late).

Good morning all. :wavey:

/GeorgeA, thanks for the 1991 WSM pages. They look great. Keep 'em comin'.

BriEOD
02-20-2005, 07:21 AM
Good morning Dougy. :wavey:

How is the pregnancy going?

Leroy
02-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Good morning Doug! You open and Milkmania closes!

André
02-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Good morning to all!
Doug
Now you know how it feel to be on dial-up!

MarkP
02-20-2005, 09:35 AM
Shhhhhhhh, Dem-itJust Shhhhhhhhh:rant: some of us are trying to sleep:rant:

BriEOD
02-20-2005, 11:22 AM
Sure ya are! You got my eggs and hash browns ready yet!!

André
02-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Isn't Mark specialty "Dippy Eggs"?

east tx skier
02-20-2005, 12:30 PM
Finally got some sleep. Hey, Andre, guess what. I'll have DSL in 10 days. I finally gave in to the pressure. Nothing to slow me down now! ;)

BriEOD
02-20-2005, 02:33 PM
DSL, man come on get with the program Doug!! Say is with me C-A-B-L-E!!!! :purplaugh

MarkP
02-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Ok

Headache is gone, yinz may carry on..

Oh, good morning. Boy my neighbors throw the BEST parties :friday:

Leroy
02-20-2005, 03:37 PM
Brian; Cable Ha! Haven't you seen the Seinfield episode on the cable guy and Cramer? Or the movies? Technically they are very similar.

I have 4 PC's and a XBOX live going through a router and SBC is always trying to sell me the multi-user package, really waste of money for nothing, only do single user and buy router (wireless) if you need multiusers.

east tx skier
02-20-2005, 07:02 PM
DSL, man come on get with the program Doug!! Say is with me C-A-B-L-E!!!! :purplaugh

Cable? Pfff! I will never let that snake in my house again. I can say D-i-S-H! I can also say "EVERY CHANNEL AVAILABLE." The picture is 100% digital and beats the snot out of cable quality-wise. The cable company will tell you that the dish will go out if the wind blows the wrong way. In my experience, cable was out 2-3 times more than my dish has ever been. Plus, with the dish, it's either full on good, or it's out. There's no in-between so-so reception that is acceptable.

I know cable internet is faster, but it's not worth slumming with that lousy picture (and I'm referring to digital cable). DSL will be a wet dream compared to dial up. Fast enough I say. :banana:

/can you tell I've given that speach before?

Nova Scotia Skier
02-20-2005, 07:13 PM
Your right tx, dish is wonderful! Wouldn't trade it for anything. The only problem here is internet from dish is big $$$. So I had to give in to cable for internet. It's the only other option to dial-up. But cable internet is smokin. Well worth the money. :woohoo:

André
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Ditto on the dish image quality!
Only downside is that little delay when zapping.
DSL is not available to me due to old phones lines or system around the lake.

MarkP
02-20-2005, 07:51 PM
. But cable internet is smokin. Well worth the money. :woohoo:Yep, Ditto on the smokin cable Internet!!:headbang:

MasterMason
02-20-2005, 08:37 PM
I can't agree with east Tx enough about the dish. It was a great day for me when I got to call the crappy cable company up and get rid of them after I got the dish. And the cable company is so bad around here, that my DSL is faster than any of my freinds that have cable modem anyways.

east tx skier
02-21-2005, 12:20 AM
For those of you with bad phone systems that are either on cable or dial up, it could be worse. My mother spends every other month in the Yucatan. The phone system down there is terrible. They were limited to dial up for a while and it was running them $2 per minute! They were finally able to upgrade to satellite internet, which isn't blazing fast, but is an improvement over $2 per minute dial up that disconnects on days that end in "y".

Leroy
02-21-2005, 05:36 AM
Wake up alarm! Early travel today to Tahoe area for next two weeks, will give my snowboard a good workout!

jimmer2880
02-21-2005, 05:47 AM
Wake up alarm! Early travel today to Tahoe area for next two weeks, will give my snowboard a good workout!

Yea Yea Yea..... I went to bed last night thinking I would be snowed in this morning (they were calling for a couple inches). Woke up to RAIN... Dang it.... had to come to work anyway!:rant:

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 10:53 AM
DSL, man come on get with the program Doug!!
Say this with me, C-A-B-L-E!!!! :purplaughInternet CABLE ROCKS, compared to dial-up :rant:
Get out of the stone age, people - Broadband Smokes :headbang:

Ric
02-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I switched from sbc dsl to cable modem recently(I already was a digital cable tv subscriber so it made sense)
I told the installer I thought the tv picture was immediately affected. He "couldn't notice anything different"
Anybody else go to cable modem and see their tv picture quality drop?

jimmer2880
02-21-2005, 03:31 PM
I switched from sbc dsl to cable modem recently(I already was a digital cable tv subscriber so it made sense)
I told the installer I thought the tv picture was immediately affected. He "couldn't notice anything different"

It only makes sence that it might start to get more pixil'ated since you're splitting the signal. But, I'm no wirehead, so don't take my word for it.

The picture should be the same sharpness as it was before, just more occurances of pixilation, latency, etc.

ski_king
02-21-2005, 03:39 PM
...DSL is not available to me due to old phones lines or system around the lake.
I will give up my broadband connection anyday for a lake front home.

MarkP
02-21-2005, 03:44 PM
I will give up my broadband connection anyday for a lake front home.Good Point!!!! me too:D

east tx skier
02-22-2005, 11:27 AM

Ric, the quality of my "digital" cable in Houston was always terrible.