PDA

View Full Version : XBOX Recall

milkmania
02-20-2005, 01:45 AM
in my e-mail...

MICROSOFT ANNOUNCES POWER CORD REPLACEMENT FOR XBOX

Dear Xbox Customer:

I am writing to provide you with information about a free power cord replacement program for Xbox.

Microsoft has chosen to replace the power cords on Xbox consoles manufactured before October 23, 2003. Our records indicate that you may own one of these consoles.

We are providing replacement power cords because component failure in a small number of consoles - fewer than 1 in 10,000 - has caused burning inside the console or melting of the power cord where it connects to the console.

Microsoft has designed the replacement power cords to protect you and your Xbox from these component failures and a potential fire hazard.

Check the manufacture date on the bottom of your console. No action is necessary if your console was manufactured on or after October 23, 2003.

If your console was manufactured before October 23, 2003, go to www.xbox.com and click on Power Cord Replacement for Xbox to get a free replacement power cord. If you are unable to access this website, please call 1-866-271-0450.

Your new cord should arrive in two to four weeks. Until you receive and install your replacement power cord, turn off your Xbox when it's not in use.

We appreciate your cooperation and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Robbie Bach
Senior Vice President, Home & Entertainment Division
Microsoft Corporation

erkoehler
02-20-2005, 02:23 AM
Thats funny, I work for Target Corporation, and have not heard anything about this recall.

Are you sure it is legit?

milkmania
02-20-2005, 03:22 AM
probably haven't heard about it as new sales since it's for machines before 2003

here's their home page:

http://www.writeonrice.com/xbox.jpg

erkoehler
02-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Was in my email inbox when I got to work this morning. Sorry!

milkmania
02-20-2005, 10:49 PM
no worries:dance:

dmac
02-20-2005, 11:09 PM
From what I understand they are thought to be a contributing factor for fires. While not entirely responsible, evidence is pointing toward them for contribution.

atlfootr
02-21-2005, 09:29 AM
no worries:dance:Thanks milk!
I hadn't heard, until you said it! :popcorn: I play mine all the time .... HALO2, Ghost Recon, GR Island Thunder,
FS Warrior, Rainbox six3 Blk Arrow, KILL SWITCH, Splinter Cell 1-2, Madden NFL 2005 and of course my favorite
GTA Vice City! :toast:

I thought all the smoke com'n out from the back of my box was because, I was tear'n the game apart w/ my awesome co-op play'n skills :uglyhamme

atlfootr
02-24-2005, 06:27 PM
Finally gotta round check'n serial #'s in btween games and mine's one of them ...
jus emailed form @ Xbox my info / pwr plug is on the way.

Thanks mmania ...

milkmania
02-24-2005, 06:31 PM
sure thing!

mine came in within 4 days....it's got a newer type GFCI breaker on it.

be sure and tell friends and family to check theirs.

Since it said 2003 for recall, I looked at mine, I thought ah heck, I probably bought mine last year or something.....dang, I bought in 2002!!!
man, time flies

atlfootr
02-24-2005, 10:22 PM
bought mine last year or something.....dang, I bought in 2002!!! man, time fliesIt sure does, specially when you're stuck'n play'n
GTA for months non-stop :uglyhamme

AirJunky
02-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Got mine today. Gotta love MS for makin one that takes up 3 plugs in a surge strip. :noface:

milkmania
02-24-2005, 11:00 PM
yep, they CYA'd when they covered their strip