PDA

View Full Version : 2007 x-45 vs 2007 malibu 247 lsv

mck405
07-11-2007, 05:33 PM
would like to hear some insight on these two boats...leaning towards the x45...but have the opportunity to buy malibu for a lot less $$$ with more options.

rodltg2
07-11-2007, 05:36 PM
go to wakeworld.com. you get people who own both. on this site we all own MC's

sand2snow22
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I think somewhere in here it says there is a fine line to walk:

1. No Disparaging MC or its Partners. No Promoting Other Boat Brands. We have some registered users that own competition ski boats that are not MCs. Is there something wrong with them? Maybe. But they are welcome to post here and we're welcome to pick on them (all in good fun). What's not okay is for them to post pictures of their boat on here or otherwise talk about how great it is, recommend other people buy it, or say that it's better than a MC. I'm not saying I agree with this policy. But that's the policy, and if you want to post here, you need to abide by it. Also, it's not as if you can't talk about other boats at all. But if you do, don't be surprised if you get an email from a mod about it. It's a very fine line to be walked. There are other nonbrand-specific sites out there where you can compare and contrast all you want. But I don't know of any site that has as much activity as this one does.

As for "no disparaging MC," if you're disappointed about something, you can talk about it. Just don't go on the attack. They're not paying for this site so that people can bad mouth them. It's frustrating to have boat issues. The same goes for MC's partners and suppliers. But the people on this site can help. As set forth above, offending posts may be edited or deleted with or without notice.

endl
07-11-2007, 05:37 PM
What are the option differences? Engines ect. Do you have pictures? I am of course bias now but I did used to own a Malibu. Both great boats.

sand2snow22
07-11-2007, 05:39 PM
go to wakeworld.com. you get people who own both. on this site we all own MC's

I agree with Rod, you'll get plenty of comments for and against both on www.wakeworld.com

Tomsinamerica
07-11-2007, 05:40 PM
mck...

I wasn't comparing those two boats, i was comparing X1, X2 with Vride and Wakesetter...

I came to the conclusion that there was no contest at all... Mastercraft seemed to be put together much better with nicer materials (Vinyl and so on)

The other thing that really got me was the driver seat. When i sat in the MC it reminded me of a very nice car I once owned... everything looked amazing and it was all laid out in a super convenient way, the malibu felt like a high level brand trying to be a top level luxury brand.

Just my 2c but I would go with MC all the time. The other thing I would do is to find some older boats, same years with similar hours and see how they are holding up. If they look comparable go back in time two minutes and ignore all my **** up there... ^

endl
07-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Malibu is Longer by 5 inches
Mastercraft weighs 950 pounds more.

Malibu has more aft interior room
Mastercraft has more forward interior room

I like the ability to take the filler cushion off the back on mine so people are not walking on the cushions all day

Malibu towers are neat
Mastercraft to me is a better looking boat, has better style features.

tough decision, money would definately play into the situation.

Roonie's
07-11-2007, 06:05 PM
Malibu towers are neat
Mastercraft to me is a better looking boat, has better style features.

Personally I think the Malibu towers are ugly as well as the rest of the boat but then again that is why I bought MC as well as fit and finish of the MC product was much better in my opinion. I too recently test drove and compared the Malibu, CC, and MC to decide which one to buy. Test drove them all. You can see which one I bought.

wtrjock
07-11-2007, 07:51 PM
I took one of the floor panels out the other night to run some upgraded power wire for my amplifiers. I was so impressed that the floor is made out of aluminum!

Our family comes from the old school run abouts and our last boat was a Dry Rotting Floor Seaswirl that had many good years on her. But I can tell that my Mastercraft would out live my 20 year old Seaswirl just by the craftsmanship and materials.

For the rest of my life, there will always be a Mastercraft in my Garage!

bigmac
07-11-2007, 07:57 PM
I've never been to either, but reportedly a comparison trip to both the Malibu and MasterCraft factories is illuminating.

Likewise, a look at resale values between the two brands says a lot about relative quality.

Jerseydave
07-11-2007, 08:13 PM
WATER TEST BOTH! If possible, wakeboard behind each one and notice any wake differences. (I assume you wakeboard)

Try to drive each boat on a rough lake, or at least hit some double-ups with both and listen and feel how each boat responds to hitting a good size wake. One will most likely feel more solid than the other. Take your fist and pound slightly down the side of each boat to check for how solid the fiberglass feels.

Others' suggestions are all good ones, esp. resale value and condition of older boats. :)

bigmac
07-11-2007, 08:19 PM
WATER TEST BOTH! If possible, wakeboard behind each one and notice any wake differences. (I assume you wakeboard)

Try to drive each boat on a rough lake, or at least hit some double-ups with both and listen and feel how each boat responds to hitting a good size wake. One will most likely feel more solid than the other. Take your fist and pound slightly down the side of each boat to check for how solid the fiberglass feels.
Ooh...that wouldn't be impressive in my boat. The rest of the boat is nice and solid, but my dashboard rattles and squeaks in mild chop like a 10 year old Bayliner.

endl
07-12-2007, 12:14 AM
I dont think I have seen a10 year old bayliner......

SDAhockey21
07-12-2007, 12:20 AM

I have......But it looked 30 years old......

sand2snow22
07-12-2007, 01:41 AM

My buddy has one, 135 hp 4 banger. Took me about 1/4 mile to get up on one ski. Good news, it sips gas like a lawn mower 8p

erkoehler
07-12-2007, 08:28 AM
I have a 2007 X-45 that is coming in used. It is very well equipped and is only missing heated seats. 400hp engine as well.

Last summer we had a customer considering both the 45 and 247. We met out on the lake with the Malibu dealer, and the customer saw both boats side by side. Then drove and boarded behind both boats.

He left with the 45 and has almost 100 hours logged already.

sand2snow22
07-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I have a 2007 X-45 that is coming in used. It is very well equipped and is only missing heated seats. 400hp engine as well.

Last summer we had a customer considering both the 45 and 247. We met out on the lake with the Malibu dealer, and the customer saw both boats side by side. Then drove and boarded behind both boats.

He left with the 45 and has almost 100 hours logged already.

Wow, sucks to be the Malibu dealer that day 8p

Carbon Dreams
07-12-2007, 01:46 PM
I looked at all brand before deciding to purchase the X-45. The Malibu's are big on bling. Great handling boats with good wake performance. The clincher for me to sell the Malibu and go to MC were all the little things. The MC is simply a better boat. I like having snap out carpet, room up front, better seating configuration, better storage, more useful tower with swivel racks. All in all the right boat for you is the one that you feel the best in.

2RLAKE
07-12-2007, 02:27 PM
go visit both factories ... you're investing a lot of money ... Talk to the workers. Malibu has gone to a chopper gun for all its figerglass to save money ... it's worth a day trip if you can get to Knoxville