PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft of Charlotte, NC

GreenSpirit Hydro
07-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Has anyone bought a boat from these guys? How was your experience? I am looking into my 1st boat and these guys are one of two Mastercraft dealers I can work with.

Prostar19
07-11-2007, 04:19 PM
I have heard a lot of good things about Mike McKenzie

Monte
07-11-2007, 04:20 PM
Has anyone bought a boat from these guys? How was your experience? I am looking into my 1st boat and these guys are one of two Mastercraft dealers I can work with.

I Have never bought a boat from MC of Charlotte, but Mike (the owner) is a real stand up guy. I know of several others here on TT who purchased there, and they seem to be satisfied. I don't think you will be dissappointed..

pilot02
07-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Mike contributes a lot to this board under the guise MYMC..... Met him, his wife Meaghan and many others on this board and when I do reach the point that I'm in the market to upgrade, he's one of 3 dealers I know I'd talk to. Jim and BAWS, and Erkle, at Chicago Mastercraft are the other 2.

MYMC
07-11-2007, 04:34 PM
They suck! Don't do it...run don't walk!

Can tell I'm having one of those days?

To answer your question honestly we make plenty of mistakes and drop the ball on occasion. What I can promise you is that I will do everything reasonable and within my power to make your experience a good one if you decide to do business with us...even if/when we screw up. You can reach me anytime via email (mike@mastercraftofcharlotte.com) or PM on this board.

Ric
07-11-2007, 04:39 PM
Has anyone bought a boat from these guys? How was your experience? I am looking into my 1st boat and these guys are one of two Mastercraft dealers I can work with. WELCOME . You have a good dealer there in Mike

Doug G
07-11-2007, 05:41 PM
To me the 2 most important qualities in any service relationship, boat, car, work vendor, or pizza boy, Integrity and Relationship are the two critical measures of success and satisfaction. From the man himself you see both right there. With that integrity and relationship everything else is just a detail to be addressed.

Many on here can vouch for him and have done business directly with MCC. They are 2nd only to my dealer in my opinion :D

jsnipes
07-11-2007, 06:13 PM
Don't know if you other choice is Raleigh (Boats Unlimited) or Anderson SC (Carolina Mastercraft) or someplace else, but Chad at Carolina MC is great to work with. I bought my X15 from them last fall and had a great experience.
www.carolinamastercraft.com

Jamie

djhuff
07-12-2007, 08:14 AM
IMO, we are in an area with good dealers all around. I have heard good things about every MC dealer within 3-4 hours driving from raleigh, makes me feel very good when I want to road trip somewhere, I know I have a solid dealer network.

FWIW, Mike did some things for me when I was looking at the new X2 that most dealers wouldn't do, and he had NO chance to make the sale (location).

JohnE
07-12-2007, 08:25 AM
I bought a used '05 from Mike at MC of Charlotte this year. I can't say enough good things about him and his staff. You won't find a better dealer anywhere.

That's not to take anything away from Erik of Jim. Both great guys who I spoke to when making my decision between new and several used boats.

John

east tx skier
07-12-2007, 09:53 AM
I only wish Charlotte was closer to Texas. They could benefit from our BBQ techniques, and we could benefit from having a dealer like Mike.

BrianM
07-12-2007, 10:32 AM
They suck! Don't do it...run don't walk!

Can tell I'm having one of those days?

To answer your question honestly we make plenty of mistakes and drop the ball on occasion. What I can promise you is that I will do everything reasonable and within my power to make your experience a good one if you decide to do business with us...even if/when we screw up. You can reach me anytime via email (mike@mastercraftofcharlotte.com) or PM on this board.
If that isn't an honest, stand up answer from a dealer I don't know what is.

djhuff
07-12-2007, 10:38 AM
I only wish Charlotte was closer to Texas. They could benefit from our BBQ techniques, and we could benefit from having a dealer like Mike.

BBQ techniques??? You guys don't even start with the right animal!!! And the sauce is just all wrong!!!

It's gotta be Pork, and its gotta be vinegar based sauce.

MYMC
07-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Thanks for all the positive comments, we all make mistakes I just don't see any point to hidding from them.

As always if we can help, please don't hesitate to let me know.:D

BTW, no way I'm getting into this BBQ debate!

shepherd
07-12-2007, 11:11 AM
BBQ techniques??? You guys don't even start with the right animal!!! And the sauce is just all wrong!!!

It's gotta be Pork, and its gotta be vinegar based sauce.

What he said. There ain't nothing better than Carolina style Q. :)

Bruce
07-12-2007, 11:16 AM
What he said. There ain't nothing better than Carolina style Q. :)
COULD I GET AN AMEN!

beatle78
07-12-2007, 11:58 AM
I bought parts from MYMC. Their prices were great and Mike and the guy in the parts dept. that I dealt with seemed good as well.

When my PP came in with the wrong cable, I contacted Mike and he took care of it right away. PP drop shipped the correct cable directly to my house.

Thanks Mike!

TMCNo1
07-12-2007, 12:18 PM
He also makes a great host for a MasterCraft gathering! I haven't and I don't think I will ever see that kind of owner appreciation from any other dealer here in NC.

MYMC
07-12-2007, 12:52 PM
He also makes a great host for a MasterCraft gathering! I haven't and I don't think I will ever see that kind of owner appreciation from any other dealer here in NC.
It was my pleasure...and if I'm still doing this next year I hope you all will honor me with your presense once again.

92 190 PS
07-12-2007, 01:02 PM
If your still doing this next year???? You can't go anywhere...

MYMC
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
If your still doing this next year???? You can't go anywhere...
Probably true...they always seem to find you anyway.

PendO
07-12-2007, 01:12 PM
I just checked, Mike (@ Charlotte) is appx 2544.3 miles from where I live, yet, when we had a problem with a check engine alarm, he was able to respond and help my brother and I figure it out, also, when we needed prop recomendations, he was more than happy to offer his suggestions ... Mike is one of only two dealership owners in the states that posts on here regularly and helps all of us out, regardless of whether he has sold us a boat or serviced our boat ... I've never met the man personally, but I have no problem recommending him ... I would suggest you look at his posts (in response to some of our questions) and you will have an even better appreciation for his desire to do right and help all of us enjoy various watersports behind our Mastercraft boats.

Casey
Spokane, WA

Monte
07-12-2007, 01:19 PM
It was my pleasure...and if I'm still doing this next year I hope you all will honor me with your presense once again.

Those are the kinds of things I like to hear:)

MYMC
07-12-2007, 01:28 PM
I just checked, Mike (@ Charlotte) is appx 2544.3 miles from where I live, yet, when we had a problem with a check engine alarm, he was able to respond and help my brother and I figure it out, also, when we needed prop recomendations, he was more than happy to offer his suggestions ... Mike is one of only two dealership owners in the states that posts on here regularly and helps all of us out, regardless of whether he has sold us a boat or serviced our boat ... I've never met the man personally, but I have no problem recommending him ... I would suggest you look at his posts (in response to some of our questions) and you will have an even better appreciation for his desire to do right and help all of us enjoy various watersports behind our Mastercraft boats.

Casey
Spokane, WA
The words "thank you" seem inadequate when people you've never met say things like this about you; however, thank you Casey and everyone else. I have good people that make the time I spend on here possible...once again thank you.

P-hat_in_Cincy
07-12-2007, 01:44 PM
I can also give a big thumbs up to Mike. He has helped me with parts and questions at various times over the years. I specifically went to the Cincinnati Boat Show a couple years back to meet the guy who had helped and corresponded with me numerous times. As an added bonus, he had his (now) wife with him!

Thanks for all you do Mike!

BTW...I thought NC was split in half with regards to BBQ? One half vinegar based, the other half Tomato based? That's what I was told when I lived there.:confused:

djhuff
07-12-2007, 01:54 PM
BTW...I thought NC was split in half with regards to BBQ? One half vinegar based, the other half Tomato based? That's what I was told when I lived there.:confused:
Yep, that's right, but usually one side does not recognize the other as being real 'cue. I'm an Eastern style man (vinegar) myself. Ironically, I do use ketchup in my sauce, but it is primarily vinegar.

and don't even bring up the South Carolina mustard crap.

shepherd
07-12-2007, 02:21 PM
I can also give a big thumbs up to Mike. He has helped me with parts and questions at various times over the years. I specifically went to the Cincinnati Boat Show a couple years back to meet the guy who had helped and corresponded with me numerous times. As an added bonus, he had his (now) wife with him!

Yeah, I met his wife too. Now I hate the guy! 8p ;)

MYMC
07-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Look at what she is doing now? (first solo flight)

MYMC
07-12-2007, 02:52 PM
And the ritual shirt cutting ceremony...

Sodar
07-12-2007, 02:59 PM

:confused: Enlighten me...:confused:

What is the history of this?

MYMC
07-12-2007, 03:10 PM

You know...I don't know:confused: All I can tell you is that everyone that has solo'd at this flight school has there shirt back cut out, dated and hung on the wall.

Sodar
07-12-2007, 03:14 PM
You know...I don't know:confused: All I can tell you is that everyone that has solo'd at this flight school has there shirt back cut out, dated and hung on the wall.

That is interesting! I think little traditions/ritutals like this are cool....

ski_king
07-12-2007, 03:15 PM
I have seen a corner of the shirt tail before, but not the entire back of the shirt!
Anyway tell her congrats on her solo!

Monte
07-12-2007, 03:27 PM
Congrats to the Mrs. Mike...

RexDog1
07-12-2007, 04:39 PM

Haaaaaaay!!!!! Her shirt is pink!!!!!!!! Just like the boat I have heard so much about, but have not seen the photos????

Congrats!!!!!!! Maeghan

Mike is a standup guy!! I would like him to move back to So. Cal. and open a dealership

shepherd
07-12-2007, 04:58 PM

According to legend: In the old days, when planes had tandem (front and back) seating and there was no radio communications, the instructor sat in the back seat. The only way he could get the attention of the student pilot in the front seat was to yank on his shirt tail. Cutting off the shirt tail symbolizes that the student is finally able to fly on his own and doesn't need the instructor to yank on his shirt to give him guidance.

Congratulations to Maeghan. That's awesome. :smile:

TMCNo1
07-12-2007, 05:13 PM
Tell Maeghan congratulations from us!

MYMC
07-12-2007, 05:17 PM
According to legend: In the old days, when planes had tandem (front and back) seating and there was no radio communications, the instructor sat in the back seat. The only way he could get the attention of the student pilot in the front seat was to yank on his shirt tail. Cutting off the shirt tail symbolizes that the student is finally able to fly on his own and doesn't need the instructor to yank on his shirt to give him guidance.

Thanks Shep...I learned something today!
(now stop being a hater!);)

tex
07-12-2007, 05:24 PM
I'll take Texas Q any day of the week. I'm also starting a new tradition on my boat...girls that learn something new...I cut off part of their suit and hang it from my tower! Seem fair! Anybody with me!

shepherd
07-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Thanks Shep...I learned something today!
(now stop being a hater!);)

Me too, ain't the internet wonderful?

east tx skier
07-12-2007, 05:27 PM

You know, that just made me remember that I've got my "first solo" shirt somewhere. It's well decorated, but nobody cut the back out of it. Can't say that I blame them in my case though.

Sodar
07-12-2007, 05:28 PM

Right on Shep!! Thanks!! :o

MYMC
07-12-2007, 05:37 PM
You know, that just made me remember that I've got my "first solo" shirt somewhere. It's well decorated, but nobody cut the back out of it. Can't say that I blame them in my case though.
I'll get back up off the floor now...thanks for the laugh

pilot02
07-12-2007, 05:58 PM

That's standard at any flight school. I've got mine as well though I think it's at my mom's house. My instructor drew the runway and crosswind indicators as well as the C-152 I was flying and a big bounce on one of my landings if I can remember correctly... Was funny as hel_ to look at... That first solo is definitely a thrill!! I think it was actually more thrilling than when I actually earned my license.

Congratulations to Meaghan and hope the rest of her training progresses smoothly.... (I'd already posted a congrats to her elsewhere a few days ago when I saw the pics ;-)

tex
07-12-2007, 07:25 PM
Mike,

Congrats to her! Has she talked with Zane's wife about flying?

Doug G
07-12-2007, 10:02 PM
Congrats to Maeghan on the solo! Nice Job

Todd '04_PS197
07-13-2007, 12:10 AM
My wife and I bought our ’04 Tournament Team from MasterCraft of Charlotte. It’s been a great experience. We were very satisfied with the sales experience and we love our boat. Each time I’ve had questions, stopped in, or brought the boat in for general maintenance or enhancements the service experience has exceeded my expectations in responsiveness, quality of work, and timeliness of service too. We’ve also been happy with all the recommended ski and wakeboarding equipment we’ve bought through Trinity Boardshop at MC of Charlotte. I can’t say enough about the level of service we’ve received from Mike and his team. We will definitely be buying our next MasterCraft through MasterCraft of Charlotte.

mdthacker
07-13-2007, 07:46 AM
I've got a question for Mike of MasterCraft of Charlotte.

Are you what I like to call a "Full Service" Dealership?? What I mean by this, is do you service boat, trailer, accessories, canvas work, etc. I am located just below Chapel Hill and last fall, we purchased our first MasterCraft. The boat is a used X-7 which I believe was first purchased from your dealership. I have a separate question for help that I will email a PM to you.

For basic service, I have taken the boat to Boat Unlimited of Raleigh. For what they have worked on, I have been pleased with them. BUT, when I asked about things like trailer bearings, adding a tow hook to the rear of the boat, etc, they referred me to other businesses. There are just some things I prefer a dealer to do, and they don't offer that service.

Again, I am NOT putting Boats Unlimited down at all as my experience with them has been good. But they are at times limited in their service capability.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Haaaaaaay!!!!! Her shirt is pink!!!!!!!! Just like the boat I have heard so much about, but have not seen the photos???? Tell me about it.....;)

Back on subject....
I've done business with Mike a few times, I can say I couldn't be more pleased. Especially when something went wrong(once), he went way above and beyond to make it right. Even when it was something that was out of his control.
And I won't even get into details on the poster...:D :D ...THANKS MIKE:cool:

MYMC
07-13-2007, 09:47 AM
I've got a question for Mike of MasterCraft of Charlotte.

Are you what I like to call a "Full Service" Dealership?? What I mean by this, is do you service boat, trailer, accessories, canvas work, etc. I am located just below Chapel Hill and last fall, we purchased our first MasterCraft. The boat is a used X-7 which I believe was first purchased from your dealership. I have a separate question for help that I will email a PM to you.

For basic service, I have taken the boat to Boat Unlimited of Raleigh. For what they have worked on, I have been pleased with them. BUT, when I asked about things like trailer bearings, adding a tow hook to the rear of the boat, etc, they referred me to other businesses. There are just some things I prefer a dealer to do, and they don't offer that service.

Again, I am NOT putting Boats Unlimited down at all as my experience with them has been good. But they are at times limited in their service capability.
I like to think of us as "full service"; however there are two areas that we do not touch as I view them as a specialty.

#1 would be gel coat/fiberglass repairs...I have a shop I have done business with since 1999 and he handles all of it. The sublet is seemless to the customer as we handle the warranty claim, insurance claim or billing the customer direct and you drop off and pick your boat up here at the store.

#2 would be canvas, again I have a contractor that I have delt with and all the above applies.

Anything else is done here including complex stereo's, BYD parts installs and custom work. Billy and the guys at Triad are great but if we cna be of assisntace to you or them just let me know.

shepherd
07-13-2007, 11:22 AM
I bought a used boat from them, sight unseen (exept photos here).
They did me right. Fixed a few issues we discovered when we went to pick the boat up, and waiting on the factory to deliver another fix -all at no additional cost to us.

They even threw a party for us - now that's customer service.

Thanks Mike.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Hey Rex. Notice....No mention of the pics from Mike ^^^^^^^^^^^^ :confused: :rolleyes:

SkiDog
07-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Look at what she is doing now? (first solo flight)
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

trickskier
07-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Does that INCLUDE ME???

Monte
07-13-2007, 01:28 PM
Does that INCLUDE ME???

As long as that HAT isn't on your head:mad: ;) :D

trickskier
07-13-2007, 01:37 PM
As long as that HAT isn't on your head:mad: ;) :D
Have HAT will travel..............

Monte
07-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Have HAT will travel..............

Speaking of that HAT... Did you ever find it???:confused: :rolleyes:

6ballsisall
07-13-2007, 10:39 PM

You can't go wrong dealing w/ Mike McKenzie. I'd trust the man with my wallet and my wife. He's A+ in my book and he knows his shiznit.

georgea0731
07-16-2007, 11:30 PM
Ditto, can't say enough. He's always gone out of his way and you will be glad you did!

bcampbe7
07-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Mike is good people! :cool: :cool: