PDA

View Full Version : What's a good wakeboard for a 5 year old

bfinley
07-11-2007, 04:02 PM
He weighs about 45 lbs and wants to wakeboard. I think he's ready to graduate from the Ski Skimmer.

endl
07-11-2007, 04:37 PM
I have some real small bindings that did not fit my 8 year old. You can have them if you would like. PM me. Or matter of fact I was thinking of up-grading my 8 years olds current board. Its a Obrien Myth with Jr Morph bindings. Big neat castle, dragon and Knight on it. Larger fins on it so it tracks better. Let me know if your interested.

bfinley
07-11-2007, 05:00 PM
I sent you a PM. How did you get you son up on the wakeboard. Did he start in the water, or off of the platform??

Kaser
07-11-2007, 05:44 PM
any chance you can start him on a boom??

endl
07-11-2007, 06:07 PM
He actually did a water start. Just get him set, you might stand in shallow water with him if you need to but with mine I got out there set him up told him to keep the board sidways rope over the boad and squat while he comes up. I swam back to the boat got in and pulled him up he went a few feet fell and we started all over. Mine is very competitive and his biggest frustration was learning how to get the board around in front of him. He was 7 and yours is 5 It takes such little pull to get them up with that much surface area. Also he is used to ski skimmer so he is way ahead. Mine had never skied and he caught on.

bfinley
07-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Yep, I have a boom. Is that how you did it?

Kaser
07-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I learned how to barefoot on a boom when I was barley 4 years old. I would highly suggest learning on the boom at a young age... even at an older age i use it all the time to teach my friends and my sister's friends...