PDA

View Full Version : Aluminum pulleys

Brn85ss
02-19-2005, 05:02 PM
Is anyone running aluminum pulley's on their 351.My stock pulley's are shot and the stock replacements are 100.00 bones apiece!I've looked everywhere and know body seems to be able to match then up.I'm hoping that someone has a source they used for these.Also my buddy owns an auto parts store and couldn't find a match.I thought if I have to spend 200.00 on stock pulleys I should be able to find aluminum ones for that price.

JimN
02-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Go to a speed shop or online at Jegs.com. There are other high performance parts dealers online, too. They will probably ask for dimensions, too. Get it close on the diameter but there shouldn't be any offset. This eats belts. Do you know anyone with a lathe and pulley removal tools?

Brn85ss
02-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Thanks jimn I checked all the speed shops online and special pulley only stores,and no luck the water pump pulley is about and1" larger in diameter that any thing I could find,I even gave them the ford #'s off the pulleys.I have a lath are you suggesting pulling the crank pulley and turning it down to get rid of the pits.I think it's to far gone for that!

Thanks again

JimN
02-19-2005, 07:57 PM
Well, you could make new ones. I'm sure someone out there has or can get something that will work.