PDA

View Full Version : Ski School Suggestions

thomas.w.williams
07-11-2007, 08:06 AM
My girlfriend and I are thinking about going to a ski school in late Oct (Big 30th birthday trip).. I think it would be fun to get some coaching on the course for a week straight! Can anyone give me any feedback on which school we should look into? I was thinking some were down in FL just because of the time of year. Any info would help... Thanks

hleepert
07-11-2007, 09:50 AM
Coble ski school is open through the second week of October and I highly reccomend it. It is the only ski school I have been to so tough for me to compare with others but April has a great site and is a great coach as are all of her coaches and drivers. We went in late May and it was not very crowded. They told us October was the same way.

T Scott
07-11-2007, 09:54 AM
What type of school suits your interests? Barefoot, slalom, wakeboard??? Let me know your needs and i can likely point you in a good direction. Skiing in October should be fine. Water will likely be a frigid 80 degrees by then!! :D

shepherd
07-11-2007, 12:11 PM
Check out these guys http://skitek.net/training/?navicastor_session=0459c08aa0590aedc1d5134fac6094 2e

I haven't been, but I'm hoping to during one of my trips to Orlando. Has anybody been?

October is a great time of year in Central FL - the weather should be perfect.

thomas.w.williams
07-11-2007, 05:51 PM
T Scott.. I am looking for a slalom school.. I have looked into http://www.swissskischool.com/ and it appears to be very nice, but I just want to check out some other places before we book.. Thanks

rodltg2
07-11-2007, 06:04 PM
ski acapulco!!!

bkblaida
07-11-2007, 06:16 PM
I have been to Coble once and agree with all that's been said. A great school and April and Scott are super people and coaches. I have also been to Drew Ross 2 times and it is in the Orlando, FL area. Always great water conditions and Drew is a world class coach. I am just a so-so weekend slalom skier, 15 off at 32 and never felt out of place at either school.
Either place will improve your skiing and you never know who will be skiing there that day, my last trip to FL, I skiied with Natalie Hammerick.

mayo93prostar
07-11-2007, 06:25 PM
I went to Cori Pickos school in florida this past winter, great facility and nice people. I also talked to April and Scott Coble at a boat show and they were very nice too and have a nice facility based on pictures.

h2oskiluvr
07-11-2007, 06:32 PM
I have been to Swiss two times and the "coaches" were college students. They knew how to ski and could offer up some advice but it wasn't too good. On the flipside though the conditions were nice and it was very relaxed. It was also interesting to talk to all the people from all over the world who go there. There were a few days when I was the only American there which was very interesting. The houses you can rent are also very nice and pretty cheap.

The other ski school I went to was Lucky Lowe's. I learned a lot but he can be pretty intense. Let's just say it had been many years since I was yelled at like when I was at Lucky's. Overall he is a really nice guy but you have got to listen to him and do exactly what he tells you even if it doesn't make sense. I went from rarely making a 15off 32mph pass to just getting to 5@22off 34mph this last weekend.

You will be a much better skier after leaving Lucky's though and I couldn't say that about Swiss.

My next trip will be to Skiteck so it was good to see the link someone posted out there. I happened to run across Chris Rossi at USA Waterski at Lake Grew when he was getting ready for Nationals last year. He seemed like a really nice guy and he has a good set up.

My two cents worth...