PDA

View Full Version : Big party this weekend!

Tourney Team 197
07-10-2007, 06:37 PM
Hey folks! This weekend I'm hosting the big 5th annual party at the cabin. (I hope to contribute to the swimsuit thread when it's all over) Anyway, this year we've got over 20 people coming up. Too many for the pontoon. :confused: Just wondering if anyone has had luck tieing their MC to a pontoon. Of course I will put plenty of rubber bumbers between the two to make sure the gelcoat is safe. We usually like to float around on the pontoon and have a good time, but this year the party has grown too large. :D

bigmac
07-10-2007, 06:53 PM
Hey folks! This weekend I'm hosting the big 5th annual party at the cabin. (I hope to contribute to the swimsuit thread when it's all over) Anyway, this year we've got over 20 people coming up. Too many for the pontoon. :confused: Just wondering if anyone has had luck tieing their MC to a pontoon. Of course I will put plenty of rubber bumbers between the two to make sure the gelcoat is safe. We usually like to float around on the pontoon and have a good time, but this year the party has grown too large. :DDepends on the configuration of the pontoon and the quality of your bumpers, but yeah, we do that all the time. I hate it though...I always try to make sure I'm on the end, last to tie up...keeps all those folk from walking across my boat to the next, and pontoons always seem to have a lot of sand ground into the carpet, a lot of which ends up in my boat. One solution is building and towing a big floating swim platform attached to the pontoon. I see those things in aluminum with floats at Menards in Baxter all the time - on your right just as you walk in the exit by the checkout.