PDA

View Full Version : Used Values

Tomsinamerica
07-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi, I hope this hasn't been posted a million times previously but...

Are the values in the marketplace section of this site accurate? The reason I ask is that I just bought a boat that seems a lot cheaper than it should be. When i compare it to others, it seems like I got a stunning deal but then there's no mention of whether boats sell at the asking price.

But anyway... to make you laugh you might enjoy my ramblings...

So the other day I decided I needed a boat. I can wakeboard (kind of) and I've been around boats forever although mainly sailing boats and the rescue boats that support them. But after driving over Jordan Lake every morning on the way to work, I figured that I should buy a little put put boat to use as a runabout.

So I found this 1973 Correct Craft Mustang for $5k... I told my dad, I was really excited and stuff.... He warned me that I'd spend more time fixing it than I would driving it... So I looked for a used newer boat...

This kind of went round and round until this morning, when I paid a deposit for a 2007 X2.... crap....

Ever heard the phrase "all the gear & no idea!" Sums me up perfectly!

Hope it made you smile! Anyone want to go boating? :-D
T

betsy&david Harrison
07-10-2007, 12:21 AM
Enjoy it! you won't have buyers remorse over this one:D

tex
07-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Hi, I hope this hasn't been posted a million times previously but...

Are the values in the marketplace section of this site accurate? The reason I ask is that I just bought a boat that seems a lot cheaper than it should be. When i compare it to others, it seems like I got a stunning deal but then there's no mention of whether boats sell at the asking price.

But anyway... to make you laugh you might enjoy my ramblings...

So the other day I decided I needed a boat. I can wakeboard (kind of) and I've been around boats forever although mainly sailing boats and the rescue boats that support them. But after driving over Jordan Lake every morning on the way to work, I figured that I should buy a little put put boat to use as a runabout.

So I found this 1973 Correct Craft Mustang for $5k... I told my dad, I was really excited and stuff.... He warned me that I'd spend more time fixing it than I would driving it... So I looked for a used newer boat...

This kind of went round and round until this morning, when I paid a deposit for a 2007 X2.... crap....

Ever heard the phrase "all the gear & no idea!" Sums me up perfectly!

Hope it made you smile! Anyone want to go boating? :-D
T

Boy with boat!

Tomsinamerica
07-10-2007, 12:26 AM
I don't think you quite understand...

This time last month I was looking for a nice 4 bedroom house with a cute little garden and a 2 car garage/workshop...

My dad (ever worldly wise) suggested that all i would ever do would be to sleep in a house.

So now.. I will have a boat parked outside my mini-house and people will ask which one cost more...

I don't think i'll have buyers remorse... it's Carolina blue - sorry.. Seaside blue (forgot this is an official MC site!)

Still smiling! :D

betsy&david Harrison
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Now for the pics! you are not off the hook until you deliver pics of the boat :)

tex
07-10-2007, 12:29 AM
Enjoy the summer and enjoy the boat!

LakePirate
07-10-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't think you quite understand...

This time last month I was looking for a nice 4 bedroom house with a cute little garden and a 2 car garage/workshop...

My dad (ever worldly wise) suggested that all i would ever do would be to sleep in a house.

So now.. I will have a boat parked outside my mini-house and people will ask which one cost more...

I don't think i'll have buyers remorse... it's Carolina blue - sorry.. Seaside blue (forgot this is an official MC site!)

Still smiling! :D

Duke fan are ya..

Congrats on the bote...welcome to the addiction of team talk...

Leroy
07-10-2007, 12:33 AM
Enjoy the boat, I'm sure it will be a lot more fun than a 4 bedroom house!

LakePirate
07-10-2007, 12:34 AM
Enjoy the boat, I'm sure it will be a lot more fun than a 4 bedroom house!

That is unless you have 4 different ladies in each of the bedrooms.

/that would be 16 for those of you mathematically challenged

tex
07-10-2007, 12:35 AM

Wow, that's a lot of headaches!

LakePirate
07-10-2007, 12:49 AM
Wow, that's a lot of headaches!

A man could go broke buying goodys headache powders.

Leroy
07-10-2007, 01:11 AM
I'll take the 07 x1 and one lady!

Leroy
07-10-2007, 01:12 AM
When we were in Huntsville they brought in BC powder for the morning after!

Good stuff!

A man could go broke buying goodys headache powders.

LakePirate
07-10-2007, 01:17 AM
I'll take the 07 x1 and one lady!

A man can dream can't he?

tex
07-10-2007, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=Leroy]When we were in Huntsville they brought in BC powder for the morning after!

Good stuff![/QU/\OTE]
Huntsville Texas? You get a ache somewhere else if you serve time there!

Leroy
07-10-2007, 08:32 AM
Huntsville AL

Also seemed to be home of the 40!

[quote=Leroy]When we were in Huntsville they brought in BC powder for the morning after!

Good stuff![/QU/\OTE]
Huntsville Texas? You get a ache somewhere else if you serve time there!

djhuff
07-10-2007, 10:43 AM
Did you buy the Coble ski school boat??? (from the dealer)

You probably did get a good deal then.

I didn't think they finished up with those until September. I'll shoot you a PM, I'm in your area.

Tomsinamerica
07-10-2007, 12:10 PM
Yup.... I did.

I was going to buy the X1 but they sold it on saturday so I had to go for the X2. 10k more is a lot to pay for a pretty dashboard, a coolbox and an extra seat! At the moment it looks like they'll return it in 2-3 weeks.

So long to wait.... it's driving me crazy. Although it gives me 3 weeks to buy all the toys for it.

cmack
07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Tomsinamerica Congrats on the new boat!!!! You won't regret it!

TMCNo1
07-10-2007, 12:23 PM
Yup.... I did.

I was going to buy the X1 but they sold it on saturday so I had to go for the X2. 10k more is a lot to pay for a pretty dashboard, a coolbox and an extra seat! At the moment it looks like they'll return it in 2-3 weeks.

So long to wait.... it's driving me crazy. Although it gives me 3 weeks to buy all the toys for it.

Are you dealing with Boats Unlimited of Raleigh?

Tomsinamerica
07-10-2007, 12:30 PM
Boats Unlimited but the one in Greensboro...

TMCNo1
07-10-2007, 12:31 PM
Boats Unlimited but the one in Greensboro...

Thanks, just curious. I'm 25 miles west of Greensboro.

Tomsinamerica
07-10-2007, 12:38 PM
well if you ever want to come over to show me how to use the thing... you're more than welcome.

06197ttlq9-footer
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM
What a great story Tom. I dont think you could read that and not smile. Buyers remorse does not apply to Mastercrafts. You will alway like the boat and miss it when you are not out on it. Congrats!