PDA

View Full Version : amusing marina story

rodltg2
07-09-2007, 07:39 PM
so im out at my houseboat this weekend , like most summer weekends.
at my dock i didnt have neighbors on either side, this time i notice that my dock is full. well on the way back to the houseboat after some watersports, im cruising along the dock about 25ft out showing my friends a hoseboat for sale. well this guy stands up from the back of another houseboat that looks like he's right out of jail yelling and screaming that im about to run over his fishing line. blaming me that i have the whole river to use and i chose to drive close to him, a$$ hanging out and tattoos everywhere. obviuosly he had no idea that i had the next houseboat over and coming in to park. i actually never said anything to him , apologized and kept going.

well after packing my things i stopped by the marina office to ask how much notice i need to give to move out due to the kind of low lifes they are renting slips to now. i was actaully scared to leave my wife alone while i pulled the boat out.

so i get a call this afternoon from the marina. they called the boat owner to see what was going on. turns out it was the owners brother and friends who are not supposed to be there and dont know how they got a key. super!!!

robisjo
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
I was out at telegraph cove running the course out there a few years back and while turning around, we caught a line and the next thing we knew the pole was flying out of the guys hands into the water. We left for the day. No telling what kind of guys are out there fishing.

I have been going out to PP for a few years and generally, there is not too much rifraf, white trash around as compared to other marinas.

erkoehler
07-09-2007, 07:55 PM
Well, next weekend should be interesting:rolleyes:

rodltg2
07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
doubt they'll be back , so drunk probably wouldnt even remember they were there.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-10-2007, 02:45 PM
Funny you mention this Rod. I was pulling up to the load ramp at my marina last friday eve and some kids were fishing on the dock. I pulled up like normal. and slipped the boat into reverse to slow up a bit, and I caught this kids fishing line, and he wasnt paying attention to it. he had the rod lying on the dock while goofin around. so the prop shaft winds in the line and lit flies right off the dock into the lake towards the boat at a pretty good rate of speed. we laughed our arses off, and the kid freaked out. His dad was cool, and told him he should have been paying attention to his fishing pole. so we load the boat, and pull it off the ramp, and out comes the fishing pole about 10 ft behind the trailer. The kid scrambles and gets the pole off the ramp and runs off to his camper. We laugh and wave at his dad. Too funny!

Monte
07-10-2007, 03:01 PM
This wasn't a marina or a boat owners moment, but the other day we (wife, kids, me) were on our way home. Right outside of our neighborhood are two rental houses that ALWAYS change tenants. We have no idea who owns them, but we see them everyday, and it is a busy road.. One of the tenants (fairly attractive sandy blonde, nice body girl.. ) Freakin moons us.. I was rather impressed.. The wife.. not so much... I still get a chuckle.. Rod.... rednecks are everywhere

Rockman
07-10-2007, 03:08 PM
.. One of the tenants (fairly attractive sandy blonde, nice body girl.. ) Freakin moons us.. I was rather impressed..

That brought a good chuckle to a somewhat crappy day at work!:D

TMCNo1
07-10-2007, 03:14 PM
This wasn't a marina or a boat owners moment, but the other day we (wife, kids, me) were on our way home. Right outside of our neighborhood are two rental houses that ALWAYS change tenants. We have no idea who owns them, but we see them everyday, and it is a busy road.. One of the tenants (fairly attractive sandy blonde, nice body girl.. ) Freakin moons us.. I was rather impressed.. The wife.. not so much... I still get a chuckle.. Rod.... rednecks are everywhere

You rang???????????????????

sand2snow22
07-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Someone moved the trailer to the water, huh?

Monte
07-10-2007, 03:27 PM
You rang???????????????????

You would have been impressed as well;) ....... The Mrs...... Not so much8p

TMCNo1
07-10-2007, 03:34 PM
You would have been impressed as well ....... The Mrs...... Not so much

Next time it happens, I'll come watch. I'll bring the cooler of beer, you get the chairs and we'll camp out across the street and enjoy the show. We'll raise the hood on the truck and tell everyone we're waiting for a wrecker!:rolleyes: :D :uglyhamme