PDA

View Full Version : lake shafer, IN

sassydog
07-09-2007, 05:36 PM
so i spent the weekend at Lake Shafer, IN at my girlfriend's family's place. This lake is Mastercraft City!!!! you couldn't look in any single direction and not see a Prostar 197, or a Bf 200, or and X-7, it was a MC addict's wet dream!:banana: so my question is........... .do any of you own land or Dock at Lake Shafer? Cause if you do, here's a footer who's love a tow in exchange for a case of beer:toast:

Slinkyredfoot
07-09-2007, 05:53 PM
so i spent the weekend at Lake Shafer, IN at my girlfriend's family's place. This lake is Mastercraft City!!!! you couldn't look in any single direction and not see a Prostar 197, or a Bf 200, or and X-7, it was a MC addict's wet dream!:banana: so my question is........... .do any of you own land or Dock at Lake Shafer? Cause if you do, here's a footer who's love a tow in exchange for a case of beer:toast:

Not on Lake Shafer but on Lake Tippecanoe, about an hours drive northeast of Shafer around Warsaw Indiana, it too is Mastercraft heaven, I would be happy to give you a tow if this is convenient....

Rockman
07-09-2007, 05:56 PM
Not on Lake Shafer but on Lake Tippecanoe,

Slinky,

I am familiar with Tippecanoe Lake Country Club.

My firm used to do the audit there every year. Nice lake.

I also stopped by the MC dealer there just to say Hello and they gave me a couple T Shirts.

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 06:03 PM
I grew up in Monticello, spending every day on Lake Shafer, until I moved to Florida two years ago. Every time I got in the water, I would be terribly stuffed up and sick for 8 hours, but that didn't stop me from skiing every morning. My buddy just sold his MC about a month ago that he kept on the lake. As a matter of fact, one of the guys from the ski show at Indiana Beach (we met at the bar one night) gave us barefoot and sky ski lessons at 6am the next morning.

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 06:05 PM
I think me and my friends would visit Tall Timbers (the MC dealer) at least twice a week in the summer to drool over the new MCs.

Hoosier Bob
07-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I went up for a weekend and the boat stayed on the trailer. Nice enough place but was very busy and the water looked a bit scary. Nice ski show at Indiana Beach but no MC's.:o Indiana Beach is Schafer right?

tex
07-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Is that where they make the beer?

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Indiana Beach is on Shafer. Poncie's (local Malibu dealer) supplies the boats. The guys in the show hate them. Only time to find smooth water on the weekends is to run way up river, plenty of stumps though. I had a buddy bury his prop in one and get thrown out of the boat. Freeman, Shafer's sister lake below the damn in a little larger and a more desirable lake to live/boat on. Plenty of times I have skied through the circle (under some of the amusement rides) with a Scream mask on in a speedo.

tex
07-09-2007, 06:46 PM
I have a lot of buddies who skied at IB. They claim that their are a lot of young groupies hanging around the show!

Slinkyredfoot
07-09-2007, 06:52 PM
Slinky,

I am familiar with Tippecanoe Lake Country Club.

My firm used to do the audit there every year. Nice lake.

I also stopped by the MC dealer there just to say Hello and they gave me a couple T Shirts.

It is a very nice lake, the deepest natural lake in Indiana and very clean. The gold course at the Country Club is beautiful also. The Tippecanoe River flows into Lake Shafer..

TX.X-30 fan
07-09-2007, 06:55 PM
I grew up in Monticello, spending every day on Lake Shafer, until I moved to Florida two years ago. Every time I got in the water, I would be terribly stuffed up and sick for 8 hours, but that didn't stop me from skiing every morning. My buddy just sold his MC about a month ago that he kept on the lake. As a matter of fact, one of the guys from the ski show at Indiana Beach (we met at the bar one night) gave us barefoot and sky ski lessons at 6am the next morning.

Not to be offensive, but is that some sort of northern term for Montezuma's Revenge. :confused: :D

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 07:00 PM
It is a very nice lake, the deepest natural lake in Indiana and very clean. The gold course at the Country Club is beautiful also. The Tippecanoe River flows into Lake Shafer..

I wonder how many green flags from that course have "made their way" into my posession over the years... :D

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Not to be offensive, but is that some sort of northern term for Montezuma's Revenge. :confused: :D

I think you nailed it. The cows hanging out and crapping in the water upriver don't help matters much, nor do the cottage septic tanks that are connected to the lake either.

Slinkyredfoot
07-09-2007, 07:02 PM
I wonder how many green flags from that course have "made their way" into my posession over the years... :D

Ya wanna sell one?? I would love to have one for the lake house...How many do you have???

andrewtimko
07-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Ya wanna sell one?? I would love to have one for the lake house...How many do you have???

I don't have any left any more. Take a cruise in the evening and stop by hole #2 (it is on the point). There may be one available for you there ;)

Slinkyredfoot
07-09-2007, 07:08 PM
I don't have any left any more. Take a cruise in the evening and stop by hole #2 (it is on the point). There may be one available for you there ;)

You know that is a great idea, I try to be a law abiding citizen though, :rolleyes:
I will pay my next door neighbors's son to do the dirty work for me....:D

dwvktm450
07-11-2007, 07:55 PM
Sent a pm your way sassydog