PDA

View Full Version : Thomas J. Kranendonk

SkiDog
07-09-2007, 04:35 PM
Here is the address for the Scholarship information.

Thomas J. Kranendonk Scholarship Athlete Fund
C/O Bank Atlantic
9300 North 56th St.
Temple Terrace, Fla. 33617

T Scott
07-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Thanks for posting this Eddie. I plan to send a check to support this scholarship. Come on guys.....Jim is a great guy, lets support his son's memory.

BriEOD
07-09-2007, 10:52 PM
Good Evening Everyone,

I just hung up the phone after speaking with Jim. Despite this tragedy, he seemed to be in good spirits. He asked me to pass on to everyone that in lieu of flowers, etc., he would appreciate if people would use those monies to donate to Thomas' Scholar-Athlete Memorial Fund. However, he was in the process of finalizing some issues with the bank and the fund will be up and running soon. In the mean time, please standby before sending any donations in case they are not accepted. Furthermore, he wanted me to thank everyone for the out pour of support to his family.

As soon as I hear things are up and running in regards to the memorial fund I will post a message.

SkiDog
07-09-2007, 10:54 PM
Thanks Brian, we're on standby.:)

bcampbe7
07-09-2007, 11:07 PM
Check is written and waiting for final word.

Jim@BAWS
07-10-2007, 11:06 PM
http://lol-butter-effect.blogspot.com/

One of Mary and my all time favorite photos of Thomas
Smiling with alot of his friends Please click on the photo. That is him driving!!!

Thankyou from my family for all your kind thoughts. Private PM's
and emails. It has REALLY helped myself and my family get through
this unbelievable tough time

Thanks

Jim

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18009

Hoosier Bob
07-10-2007, 11:13 PM
Great shot Jim. I figured he was the driver on the other thread. Wow, what a kid! Great to have been around you! What a dream for a young person. Boats and such. Thomas was well ahead of his time. Tears me up not to have known him and tears me up even more not understanding why. Take care Jim as your strength is incredible. Me, not so strong.http://lol-butter-effect.blogspot.com/

One of Mary and my all time favorite photos of Thomas
Smiling with alot of his friends Please click on the photo. That is him driving!!!

Thankyou from my family for all your kind thoughts. Private PM's
and emails. It has REALLY helped myself and my family get through
this unbelievable tough time

Thanks

Jim

Jim@BAWS
07-14-2007, 10:42 PM
As promised A GREAT photo of Thomas

Hoosier Bob
07-14-2007, 11:25 PM
Very very nice! Bend that water! Very cool Jim!As promised A GREAT photo of Thomas

TMC
07-20-2007, 05:20 PM
Hey guys -

We are going to "stick" this thread so people know how they can help and where to send their help. If there are other threads that shed light on this story, post their link here so all the information is one place for those that want to support Jim and his family.

As for MasterCraft, we are definitely affected when one of our terrific dealers has to endure a tragedy of this magnitude. It serves to remind us that this "thing" known as MasterCraft is just one big family stretching from Vonore to our dealers all the way to you guys.

Many of us at MasterCraft had the privalege to know Thomas and agree with all that has been said about him. I personally spent a few days around him and remember thinking how respectable, kind, fun-loving and sharp he was. He definitely did not fall far from the tree. Because of this relationship with Thomas and all those who are close to Jim, MC will be sending a gift to his scholarship fund. Hopefully you all have made the same consideration in supporting this true MasterCraft family.

Jim - we continue to think of and pray for you.

J

SkiDog
07-21-2007, 08:57 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jim@BAWS
07-23-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=379157#post379157

Jim@BAWS
08-25-2007, 12:16 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=379157#post379157

Good Morning.

Yesterday was 8 weeks since we lost Thomas. I would like to once again "THANKYOU" for helping celebrate Thomas' life by what so many of you have contributed. Mary Jane and I have started the "THOMAS JAMES KRANENDONK MEMORIAL STUDENT ATHELTE SCHOLARSHIP" at Land O Lakes High School. It is the first of its kind at Land O Lakes HS. Thomas would have been a Junior there this year !

What does this mean? A check is going to the Pasco Education Foundation for $15000 this next week. A student athlete of Mary Jane's and my choice will be made every year from now till...in Thomas' name. My goal is to make that fund grow by having fundraisers over the next years to come. As of now the minimum amount will be $750 per year forever to the recipiant. All stundents at LOLHS will have an opportunity to participate in the scholarship application. Near the end of the school year we (ALL OF US INCLUDING YOU GUYS) will be proud to see who will benefit from this scholarship. I know from seeing what other scholaships are available...this one will be sought after as it is unique.

When Mary Jane graduated from King High School in Tampa Fl in 1981. She was the first FEMALE recipiant of the TOMMY OWEN AWARD. Tommy was a scholar athlete from King High School who attended Wichita State in Kanas. His life was cut short when he died in a plane crash in 1970. Mary Jane is meeting with his mother today to talk about the 2 TOMMY's. She is nearing 80 years old.

I look foward to keeping you guys informed

Thanks again

Jim@BAWS

ProTour X9
08-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Good Morning.
I look foward to keeping you guys informed

Thanks again

Jim@BAWS

I look forward to being informed; still thinking about you, and enjoying the pictures.

PTX9

BriEOD
08-25-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the update Jim.

Maristar210
08-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Great way to keep the memories for sure. Thanks for letting us in on it Jim. :cool:

Steve

DooSPX
09-15-2007, 03:40 PM
wanted to know if its too late to add more to the fund?
I wanted to give more.... from my parents this time...

DooSPX
09-16-2007, 04:11 PM
anyone? ....

T Scott
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
Send Jim an email. Jim.baws@verizon.net I am sure he could give you all the information. I doubt it is too late as this will be an annual thing. You're a good man Doo. Jim is a great guy and I am sure he will appreciate your support.

Tom

bcampbe7
09-16-2007, 04:43 PM
I think this will be an ongoing thing Doo. Jim and his family are planning on giving away this scholarship every year. :cool:

DooSPX
09-16-2007, 06:49 PM
good, thanks guys!