PDA

View Full Version : My X-star flag holder pics........

Jerseydave
07-09-2007, 12:17 PM
Bought this flag, quick-release holder and L-bracket from www.wheelerwhip.com. Fits perfect on the rear leg of the X-star, hole was already there. Cost about $45. They cut the fiberglass flag stick to 1/2 length for me, gave me both halves in case one breaks. Good guys to work with.

peason
07-09-2007, 02:13 PM
You must ski on a lake that you need to fly a skiing flag? What are the regulations? I have only been on 1 private lake that we had to fly a flag when someone was in the water- but I can't remember if we needed to hold it up when they were up and skiing.

dmayer84
07-09-2007, 02:51 PM
State law in NJ to fly a flag.

WakeSeeky
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
Hey, that is sweet! We have a flag with a suction cup that we stick to the window, but now I want one of these! It looks like the longer ATV holder?

Jerseydave
07-10-2007, 03:06 PM
Yep, NJ has lots of rules like the flag. It's actually a good idea, catches peoples attention that there is a skier somewhere near that boat. You also have to take a 6-8 hour safety course now in NJ just to drive a boat (or PWC). Another good idea, maybe it will cut down on the amount of inexperienced boaters out there.

Yes Wakeseeky that's the longer flag holder. They also come in many colors, but I went with silver to match the tower. Those guys are great to deal with at www.wheelerwhip.com. Best $45 I've spent.

WakeSeeky
07-10-2007, 03:53 PM
Cool, thanks, I will be giving them a call. I approve of the silver, btw. :D

I've actually never boated anywhere you didn't have to have a flag, I thought it was weird when I found out you don't have to some places. I can see not using one on a private lake, maybe, but I like knowing that someone may be in the water near a boat. People swim farther away from the boat than they realize sometimes, or a boat doesn't turn around as soon as they should and it's not always easy to see people in the water. :twocents:

nuckinfutz
07-10-2007, 03:54 PM
That looks allot like the stiffy flag mount that I have for my CRF450.