PDA

View Full Version : Navigation/anchor stern light

CalmCraft
07-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Navigation stern light works-anchor light doesn't. Any suggestions on cause-repair?

davekro
07-09-2007, 09:27 AM
Sometimes the connection between light pole (assuming it is on stern, not on top of a tower) and the socket is the challenge. If you can, test for 12 volts at the socket with a multimeter. If that is good, and bulb is good, clean contacts in socket and on pole.

davekro
07-09-2007, 09:31 AM
I just re-read your original post. Which light is the problem? The red/green navigation light on bow, or the white anchor light on stern (or tower if you have one)?

mayo93prostar
07-09-2007, 09:55 AM
usually the contacts in the socket where the anchor light goes in get rusted. clean them on both the part in the boat and on the light. also check that your light bulb works on the light.

erkoehler
07-09-2007, 09:59 AM
If you have an anc. light on top of the tower, the socket on the back of the boat is probably disconnected.

shepherd
07-09-2007, 10:14 AM
On my old Formula the anchor/stern light had two bulbs. For the running (stern) light, only the bulb in the back lit so it could only be seen from behind the boat. When the anchor light switch was on, both bulbs - front and back - were lit. So maybe your front bulb is bad?

TMCNo1
07-09-2007, 10:51 AM
On our '89 the stern light has one bulb. The stern light should burn when the Navigation Light switch (NAV) is on with the red/green bow navigation light. When the Anchor Light switch (ANCHOR) is on only the stern light will/should burn, telling me you have a loose power connection or ground on the Anchor Light switch or a broken wire between the switch and the light.

boofer
07-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Brand new boat? This happened on our 2005 X-2. I found that the wires for the water temp gauge were hooked up to the anchor/tower light. Hooked them up correctly, now light and temp work. All these are under the dash.