PDA

View Full Version : X-9 Glove box fills with water

skipaola
07-08-2007, 02:47 PM
Any time I get any rain, the little drain hole at the top corner of the glove box, by the weather strip, can't keep up with the water and I end up with a puddle in the bottom of my glove box. I have reglued the weather strip down but doesn't seem to help.

Does anybody else have trouble with their glove box filling up with water? Has anybody put a hole in the bottom of the glove box to drain for when water does get in?

SDAhockey21
07-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Our old Maristar had a "cooler" / glovebox that had a tube that drained to the bildge

skipaola
07-08-2007, 08:04 PM
I guess I'm going to have to rig something similiar up. My main concern is all the humidity that gets build up around the CD player if I don't catch it right away.

Thanks for the help.

skitilldark
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I have a 209 that had the very same problem. I took mine to the dealer and had him replace the little rubber strip that goes inside the glove box lid and that did the trick. 3 years so far and no leaks.

skipaola
07-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Ok. Unfortunately since my local dealer closed up shop, my closest dealer is several hours away. It takes at least week and two weekends of travel to get anything done because of the distance. I'll try pulling up the entire rubber strip and reglue it back down.

Thanks