PDA

View Full Version : '07 Ballast Control Box------Bypass??

skeeler
07-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Not sure how many of you out there search any other forum sites, but I have heard of a guy down in KC that is selling a "black box" device that bypasses the factory ballast control box. Thus, eliminating the '07 timing issues, and making the system perform like the previous MC models. Anyone ever done or heard of anything like that?
I will try and get some more info on this particular device, but with the holiday week I haven't found out anything yet. I have a very good friend down in KC that knows this guy, so maybe that will help push some info our way.

erkoehler
07-06-2007, 10:05 AM
I have heard about this as well.......there are other people selling "fixes" as well.

skeeler
07-06-2007, 10:13 AM
I have heard about this as well.......there are other people selling "fixes" as well.
Describe "fixes".......duct tape? :D

lav
07-06-2007, 06:55 PM
bump you fell to page 3

toooldtoboard
07-08-2007, 11:29 AM
I am the guy in KC who has developed the fix for the ballast timer
problem. Here are the details:

No changes to the boat or switch wiring are required. The ballast system will function like in 04-06. If the switch is on the pump will run.
There is no timer function.

We have 2 options available

1. Complete box. All new box with electronics, cables etc. Plug and play.

2. Modded boxes. What we do here is remove the Jabsco units and replace them with our non timer controllers. Also plug and play. Since we reuse the chassis, and connectors we can offer these at a reduced price. The delivery time on these is much shorter because we offer an exchange program for this option.

Both options use the same our electronic controler. This system has been tested exhaustively and has proven to be very reliable.

For availabilty and pricing please email.

dcelectronicsinc@sbcglobal.net

skeeler
07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
I am the guy in KC who has developed the fix for the ballast timer
problem. Here are the details:

No changes to the boat or switch wiring are required. The ballast system will function like in 04-06. If the switch is on the pump will run.
There is no timer function.

We have 2 options available

1. Complete box. All new box with electronics, cables etc. Plug and play.

2. Modded boxes. What we do here is remove the Jabsco units and replace them with our non timer controllers. Also plug and play. Since we reuse the chassis, and connectors we can offer these at a reduced price. The delivery time on these is much shorter because we offer an exchange program for this option.

Both options use the same our electronic controler. This system has been tested exhaustively and has proven to be very reliable.

For availabilty and pricing please email.

dcelectronicsinc@sbcglobal.net
Thanks I will be in touch shortly.
Also, does anyone know where the ballast control box is in a '07 X-1?

duckguy
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
The dealer can reprogram the ballast to have a lengthend or unlilited run time. The need to spend 200 bucks on this solution is not needed. Of course unless you just like spending money, and in that case I am selling bottles of moon air for 100 bucks a piece pm for details.

duckguy
07-10-2007, 03:25 PM
The dealer can reprogram the ballast to have a lengthend or unlilited run time. The need to spend 200 bucks on this solution is not needed. Of course unless you just like spending money, and in that case I am selling bottles of moon air for 100 bucks a piece pm for details.

skeeler
07-10-2007, 04:15 PM
Interesting. Couple areas of questions;
1) I understand that you can lengthen the time (like 6 minutes), but changing it to unlimited? How is this possible? From what I heard this is not an option.
2) I have also heard that there is some sort of voltage regulation circuitry that shuts the pumps off when there is an irregular spike in voltage (like the pump running dry). Is there also away around the voltage regulation sensor in the box with this "dealer" programing?

duckguy
07-10-2007, 05:33 PM
Skeeler PM me for details

toooldtoboard
07-11-2007, 10:00 AM
Duckguy,
You are wrong on this one. I have talked to many people from MC to flyhigh and have the emails to prove it. The longest runtime that you can get out of the 07-08 ballast pump controller is 6 min. It is a warranty issueand a overloading issue with MC. Too many people burning up pumps too many people overloading their boats.
Also I have provided several very large MC dealers with new ballast controlers. Why would they buy them from me if they could just reprogram the stock controller??

dc

toooldtoboard
07-11-2007, 10:14 AM
duckguy,
You are wrong on this one. I have talked to MC, flyhigh, Jabsco the makers of the ballast timers. 6 minutes is max run time. There is no
programing to exceed 6 minutes. This is a MC thing, people were burning up impellers, and overloading boats.
dc

Sorry for the double post.

Prostar19
07-11-2007, 11:33 AM
I do know that it is almost impossible to burn up the pump. There is a detector on the pump that sees the current drop when the tank is empty an6 d the load is less on themp that shuts it off. There is also a thermal fuse on the pump that will shut off the pump if it runs too long and gets hot. After the pump cools off it will work again. I am not saying it is not possible but hard to burn out a pump.

My question is why do you need the pumps to run longer?

Can't you turn it back on for a second 6 mins once it times out?

toooldtoboard
07-11-2007, 12:06 PM
Prostar19,
The reason we need them to run longer is so we can fill up the extra Flyhigh ballast for bigger wakes or more weight on 1 side for surfing..

After the ballast times out, turning them off and back on they will only run for an additional 10 secs. To get them to run 6 more min you have to diconnect the power to the controler or cycle the controler with a 6 min empty run. This controler is doing excatly what it was designed to do, which is to keep people from adding extra ballast beyond the factory ballast.

dc

Prostar19
07-11-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the info

duckguy
07-11-2007, 01:19 PM
Ok, well my 07 runs far after 6 min and fills my add on bags without issue.

Waterski-Marcoisland
07-12-2007, 01:20 AM
Duck, How did you get your pumps to run that long without any mods, I have been all through the programming and have only gotten to run for 5 min max.
email me back.
Dustin@waterskimarcoisland.com

sand2snow22
07-12-2007, 02:50 AM
Ok, well my 07 runs far after 6 min and fills my add on bags without issue.

Duckguy, did you get a new boat? Did you get a 2007? Your tower and trailer wheels sure look like a 2006..........I think the ballast problem they are talking about is for 2007 boats?

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=241416#post241416

tnvetteman
07-12-2007, 09:11 AM
Sounds like you have a handle on the ballast systems; I have a question. I have an 05 X45 and 2 out of the 3 ballast fill and empty perfectly; 1 will not do either. It currently has water in it and I cant seem to figure out why it will not empty. It was my understanding that it was a single pump system; why would 2 work and not all 3?

Roonie's
07-12-2007, 09:29 AM
I believe duckguy has an 06.

duckguy
07-12-2007, 10:51 AM
Duckguy has an 07 that he picked up a week ago that has not been posted on here yet.

Diesel
07-12-2007, 10:59 AM
Sounds like you have a handle on the ballast systems; I have a question. I have an 05 X45 and 2 out of the 3 ballast fill and empty perfectly; 1 will not do either. It currently has water in it and I cant seem to figure out why it will not empty. It was my understanding that it was a single pump system; why would 2 work and not all 3?

You should have three pumps. Check the impeller on the ballast pump that does not work.

Roonie's
07-12-2007, 11:41 AM
Duckguy has an 07 that he picked up a week ago that has not been posted on here yet.

Congrats on the new boat that is great. Pics

sand2snow22
07-12-2007, 01:15 PM

Congrats....Can't wait to see the pics.....