PDA

View Full Version : Shaft Rotation?

shurgot
07-06-2007, 12:07 AM
Should I be able to turn the prop on my '05 X2 by hand when it is out of the water? There has been some talk on the wakeworld forum leading me to believe it should be easy to turn the prop. I haven't tried with much force, but it seems that my prop will not turn very easily. The boat runs great with no vibration, so I think my drive shaft is in good shape.

Thanks!

Leroy
07-06-2007, 12:21 AM
You should be able to, but if the packing is dry it can take some force.

east tx skier
07-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Pull the safety lanyard before you do this. I figure with no key on, it won't torque start, but I've heard rumors of it happening.

EJ OJPROP
07-06-2007, 08:08 AM
You should be able to turn the shaft freely even with the strut bushings dry. We install VESCONITE bushings ( bushings are white in color ) in the strut that are self lubricated. If the shaft will not turn freely it may be out of alingment causing it to bind.

Eric @OJPROPS

Roonie's
07-06-2007, 09:05 AM
Yes my X2 turns however not necessarily freely. You can definately turn it by hand but it won't spin like a wheel. It will only turn when I physically turn it myself. In other wors there is some resistance like it is connected to something and not just spinning freely with the wind. And mine only has 6 hours on it.