PDA

View Full Version : Is a Eating Table Offered for MC?

wgwollet
07-05-2007, 04:45 PM
I was looking in the MC manual and found a picture of a table with 4 cup holders. Is this a option I can get?

Does anybody have one for sale or tell me if it works well for a table in a boat. It looks like it's only used on v-drives models only.

thanks

Leroy
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I know it is an option for my Maristar v-drive. You can buy the tables and stands from many places, Mastercraft and Overtons and more. I don't have one, would like to have one but it would just encourgage eating in the boat which I do not like!

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 05:06 PM
I have one. It is called a cockpit table. My wife insisted we have it. It resides in the bottom of the rear locker. It is smooth topped and not wave friendly for any items on top IMO...

wtrjock
07-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Maristar, I was looking for a table as well. Could you please post some pictures of the table, the mount point in the boat, and how the table stores? That would be really helpful for me. I have been considering a table from Overtons. Some of the lakes we go to don't have beaches, so we just stay out in the boat all day. It would be nice to have a table to make sandwiches on.

I bet your wife made you buy the Bow Filler Cushion also! ;) Mine did!

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
Don't have a picture but you you build a boat on MC's site you can see a picture of the table as an a option. Negative on the bow filler cushion... don't ask me why but she just wanted the table.

tex
07-05-2007, 07:24 PM
I have one. It is called a cockpit table. My wife insisted we have it. It resides in the bottom of the rear locker. It is smooth topped and not wave friendly for any items on top IMO...
Can you ski on it if you get bored?

wgwollet
07-05-2007, 07:44 PM
thanks for reply....I have a Maristar 230 and yes the wife wants this table to have lunch on and for our drinks, but I can't understand how this thing mounts and the ones from Overton seem cheap.

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 08:19 PM
thanks for reply....I have a Maristar 230 and yes the wife wants this table to have lunch on and for our drinks, but I can't understand how this thing mounts and the ones from Overton seem cheap.

There is a base that gets mounted in the floor and the pole for the table slides into it. Pretty simple and fairly stable.

Roonie's
07-05-2007, 08:22 PM
Yep have a table too. Have yet to get it installed but will be soon. It has built in cup holders and stores away in one of the storage compartments.

RedStar
07-05-2007, 08:24 PM

A table, hmm. No, I don't have one in the direct drive.
If I ever get a houseboat, I'm gettin' me a table, though.
:purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

Roonie's
07-05-2007, 08:29 PM
A table, hmm. No, I don't have one in the direct drive.
If I ever get a houseboat, I'm gettin' me a table, though.
:purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh :purplaugh

You can use the direct drives engine cover for a table as it is in the center of the boat. With our v-drive we have so much room that a table easily fits and then some. Great for the kids and just hanging out on the lake drinking beer with your friends.

rodltg2
07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
and quarters!!

bigmac
07-05-2007, 08:45 PM
I do know that the socket in the floor for the table is quite the toe-stubber. Make sure you get the insert for when the table isn't in it, and make sure you get an extra.

RedStar
07-05-2007, 08:48 PM
You can use the direct drives engine cover for a table as it is in the center of the boat. With our v-drive we have so much room that a table easily fits and then some. Great for the kids and just hanging out on the lake drinking beer with your friends.

If I abbreviate Direct-Drive with DD,
how would I abbreviate V-Drive?:confused:

rodltg2
07-05-2007, 08:57 PM
If I abbreviate Direct-Drive with DD,
how would I abbreviate V-Drive?:confused:

you just did

TX.X-30 fan
07-05-2007, 09:04 PM
There is a base that gets mounted in the floor and the pole for the table slides into it. Pretty simple and fairly stable.

Will it support the weight of an average wife/hottie. :confused: :confused:

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Will it support the weight of an average wife/hottie. :confused: :confused:

Negative......

SoCalBrew
07-05-2007, 09:34 PM
In the X-15 that we have, the table is mounted to the sidewall, just under the surface of the seat behind the captains chair... the detachable leg, "L's" up to the underside of the table. Two heavy duty (not sure what you call em) "hand screws" similar to whats on the tower, allow you to screw it into a plate mounted on the sidewall... sets up in seconds.

You can have the table positioned in a few dirrerent ways... helps adjust for bigger or smaller people siting around the table... and the cup holders pop out when you are storing it. I put mine in the rear left locker.

Yes, the table surface is slick, but, it can easily made more usable by a thin rubber mat or even damp towel. Having kids, it DOES help with the crumbs... and has turned out to be useful/worth it!

As for how much weight it can hold? I doubt the fiberglass could hold up to any of the rigorous activity that hinted at above... at least without being reinforced. The seats and back deck are more cushiony anyway.

Tom

tex
07-05-2007, 09:46 PM
The motor cover should be used for only 2 things, pole dancing and breaking in the boat!

bigmac
07-05-2007, 10:09 PM
I would highly recommend a non-slip silicone rubber pad for such a table.

beatle78
07-06-2007, 09:33 AM
If you live on a lake, I would discourage the table for eating purposes.

But since many of you trailer and spend the day on the boat, it sounds like a decent idea. If there is a lip on the table it could help contain spills and help keep the boat clean. :)

skeeler
07-06-2007, 09:41 AM
Great to make shots on.

Maristar210
07-06-2007, 11:02 AM
If you live on a lake, I would discourage the table for eating purposes.

But since many of you trailer and spend the day on the boat, it sounds like a decent idea. If there is a lip on the table it could help contain spills and help keep the boat clean. :)

Nope. I have caught several tupperware containers headed for the floor.:rolleyes:

beatle78
07-06-2007, 11:09 AM
no lip?

I know in larger boats, the tables all have lips on them.... bad design. Tell MC to add a lip to their table :)

SoCalBrew
08-20-2007, 09:56 PM
Yah - was anchored in a no wake cove this past weekend, and had a boat plow thru the zone making 4 to 5 foot tall rollers... not a thing left on the table when we got thru that... and this is on a small lake! I agree - a lip and a rubber insert would go a long way!

endl
08-20-2007, 10:24 PM
My Table mounts to the side as well in the horseshoe area. Neat feature but I have only used it once in about 40 hours of use. Cup holders are deep, table is sturdy but would not dance on it. Stores is two sections top and L shaped leg/arm. What does it cost? Mine was with used.

Leroy
08-20-2007, 10:38 PM
Like this? There are several styles.

endl
08-20-2007, 11:27 PM
No mine mounts on the side of the seat base....cannot find a picture arm is L shaped........Table is kidney shaped

wgwollet
08-23-2007, 01:06 PM
Would like to get one from MC but can't find on-line or dealer?

skeeler
08-23-2007, 01:17 PM
Here's mine.