PDA

View Full Version : The end is in sight

kidshanko
07-05-2007, 03:16 PM
Good afternoon

after a lengthy journey, I am almost completed my boat restoration.
For those of you who dont remeber this one, I had the boat inspected, told the seller I would purchase, then it hailed horribly. His insurance covered the damage, I just needed to coordinate the repairs.
But I thought that I would post a few pictures of my completed 1990 prostar 190 and ask for the last few bits of guideance I need.

First photo, where she sits permenantly on Rosen lake, British Columbia

next photo's, new interior shots, custom made interior by local shop

I built a new dock last weekend to replace this one, not many can grow grass on the dock!!

Lots of polen on the water in this shot, but it is all gone now. The water is now perfect, I managed to sneak in about 7 skiis last weekend

The help I need
1) the gas level indicator/float only registers 1/2 tank when full and leaves you to guess whe you are going to be empty. Do I need an adjustment or a new float, and if so where do I get one??

2) The rub rail is old and brittle and I would like to buy a new one, anyone know who has this product??

3) the speedometer pick-ups at the rear of the boat were both broken by workers during the restoration and I need replacements. Anyone know where I can get these from??

4) Mooring - as mentioned I replaced the old dock last weekend and would like to finish the dock with a new mooring system as I put my boat in the first weekend in June and dont normally take it out until mid september. Is anyone particularly proud of their systems? Should I go with a whip system or a bumper type?? Photo's would be appreciated

I have received many pieces of valuable of information during this restoration from this web-site THANKS and nice to see it working so well

Reg
ps, just leaving for the lake in an hour and wont be back until monday, looking forward to discussion

chevy08bud
07-05-2007, 03:23 PM
Order your speedo pitots from Skidim.com. You will have to elongate the two bottom holes slightly with a drill bit, but they work well. They are a 3 hole setup, but you can just use the bottom 2 and it works great. What kind of wiring setup is on your fuel tank float? Does it have a 2 wire quick disconnect with 2 ground wires on either side of the disconnect?

BrianM
07-05-2007, 03:24 PM
WOW! That bout is GEORGOUS! Never seen a boat of that vintage with no white gel. That boat was more than 10 years ahead of its time.

beatle78
07-05-2007, 03:58 PM
kidshanko,

NICE boat!!!!

Does the vinyl on the spotter side say Mastercraft?
How did the local shop do that?

Thanks,
beatle78

kidshanko
07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback
The local stitch shop went to the mastercraft website and downloaded their logo, only $5 per logo, I only had 4 to do so it was cheap, but well done.

Not sure about the wiring on the fuel tank, I will look tonight after a ski and a beer.

thanks ............reg

kidshanko
07-05-2007, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the feedback
The local stitch shop went to the mastercraft website and downloaded their logo, only $5 per logo, I only had 4 to do so it was cheap, but well done.

Not sure about the wiring on the fuel tank, I will look tonight after a ski and a beer.

thanks ............reg

6ballsisall
07-05-2007, 04:11 PM
Thats a beautiful boat Kid!!! Enjoy and post some more pics when you can!!

trickskier
07-05-2007, 04:51 PM
I agree!!! GREAT looking boat...............Nice Job!!!

Yellow X9
07-05-2007, 05:05 PM
Very Nice, excellent job

G-man
07-05-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks great, was that the original colors? Is that an early 90's engine cover? Have fun with it.

TMCNo1
07-05-2007, 08:39 PM
Nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!