PDA

View Full Version : ACME 543 prop: My opinion

Thrall
07-05-2007, 02:40 PM
Just switched to a 543 (13x11.5) prop. I don't have PP or a GPS, so I can only give a seat-o-the-pants review.
Previous prop was a 13x13 OJ cup, orig prop on the boat.
I was at 4000' elev running yesterday.
Noticed stronger out of the hole, and all the way thru the rpm range really. Not considerablystronger, but noticable.
Boat runs smoother. Had a slight vibration w/ the old prop that only I could feel. It's gone now.
Top speed (at 4000' elev) was 3-4mph more (based on the speedos that are working well, although not verified accurate).
The engine did not make any more rpms top end than before. Still running out at 4600rpms, which is what the old prop would pull to at this elev. Expected to pick up some rpms top end, but again, the tach is old and not real smooth and may be off a bit, however it read the same WOT with either prop.

André
07-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Believe me,you'll see the hole shot difference from the other end from the rope!!!:D
Got the 541 on mine and the holeshot was way better then with old std prop,which was dingless,and the boat is running smoother...

G-man
07-05-2007, 03:09 PM
This is what I put on my 93 S&S and got similar results at 600ft altitude. I thought it good money spent. This was before OJ went with the CNC props

Thrall
07-05-2007, 07:29 PM
Believe me,you'll see the hole shot difference from the other end from the rope!!!:D
Got the 541 on mine and the holeshot was way better then with old std prop,which was dingless,and the boat is running smoother...

You may be right. I didn't ski behind it yet, just boarded and that doesn't take near the punch to pull me up like a ski does.
Come to think of it, I pulled a beginner guy (boarding), and I went pretty easy on the throttle and popped him up much quicker than I thought I would.