PDA

View Full Version : Midwest Mastercraft 214 - personal demo

bigmac
07-05-2007, 10:07 AM
I was sitting on the deck yesterday working the BGE when I happened to notice a mysterious black/white MasterCraft with tower in our bay. It had the Stealth graphics (none) so I couldn't tell what it was, but later, as we were both trying to work the same calm water on another part of the lake, I could see that the occupants were some serious watersports enthusiasts in a really beautiful boat. Even with the binoculars I couldn't tell what it was, though. This morning we were doing our usual Thursday AM runs and saw it moored up the lake. We snuck up to it and could see it was a 214 with tower, ballast, bimini and all the other trimmings. The only negative I could see was that it had a teak swim platform :D . I figured it might be impolite to actually get in the boat unattended at 5:30 AM to see what engine it had, but this was indeed a very cool boat.

Now, I'm not a direct-drive kind of guy, but I think I have my buddy almost convinced that he needs to replace his '04 X-10 with this 214. I told him that I'd bet Dan would leave the 214 demo in his lift today and take his X-10 back to Minneapolis to sell :D

I'm a big C&C fan, but Leo is a Midwest Mastercraft customer. Dan or Corey, if you see this...Leo needs a little push.

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 10:34 AM
I was sitting on the deck yesterday working the BGE when I happened to notice a mysterious black/white MasterCraft with tower in our bay. It had the Stealth graphics (none) so I couldn't tell what it was, but later, as we were both trying to work the same calm water on another part of the lake, I could see that the occupants were some serious watersports enthusiasts in a really beautiful boat. Even with the binoculars I couldn't tell what it was, though. This morning we were doing our usual Thursday AM runs and saw it moored up the lake. We snuck up to it and could see it was a 214 with tower, ballast, bimini and all the other trimmings. The only negative I could see was that it had a teak swim platform :D . I figured it might be impolite to actually get in the boat unattended at 5:30 AM to see what engine it had, but this was indeed a very cool boat.

Now, I'm not a direct-drive kind of guy, but I think I have my buddy almost convinced that he needs to replace his '04 X-10 with this 214. I told him that I'd bet Dan would leave the 214 demo in his lift today and take his X-10 back to Minneapolis to sell :D

I'm a big C&C fan, but Leo is a Midwest Mastercraft customer. Dan or Corey, if you see this...Leo needs a little push.

Man I was looking hard for a photo file attachment to this post H. No camera with you? I assume?

Steve

jraben8
07-05-2007, 10:43 AM
I thought that everyone had one on their phones now days...

TheOneandOnly
07-05-2007, 11:03 AM
Cant believe youd even think about getting in the boat

bigmac
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
Cant believe youd even think about getting in the boat

That was a joke, I say a joke, son...

bigmac
07-05-2007, 11:09 AM
Man I was looking hard for a photo file attachment to this post H. No camera with you? I assume?

Steve

OK, fine...I'll go back.

TheOneandOnly
07-05-2007, 11:11 AM
I figured I was JK :)

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 11:49 AM
OK, fine...I'll go back.

Thanks H ;)

bigmac
07-05-2007, 11:53 AM
http://mccollister.info/MC214.jpg

bigmac
07-05-2007, 11:54 AM
I figured I was JK :)Heh. This is the Land of 10,000 lakes and 300,000 deer rifles.

Sodar
07-05-2007, 11:56 AM
http://mccollister.info/MC214.jpg

Whoa! I never knew I liked black with yellow accents.. that thing is PURRDDYY!!

Ric
07-05-2007, 11:57 AM
Heh. This is the Land of 10,000 lakes and 300,000 deer rifles. now don't start downplaying MN, it's a wayy better place to be than Texas.

TheOneandOnly
07-05-2007, 11:59 AM
That thing is smoking, isnt the X14 made more for skiing?

bigmac
07-05-2007, 12:02 PM
now don't start downplaying MN, it's a wayy better place to be than Texas.Boy, howdy!

I figured I'd probably be safe from the owner since I was IN a MasterCraft that THEY sold, but I'd never have got that close if it was a Texan that owned it.

;)

Ric
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
not without bringing some chics and some beers

bigmac
07-05-2007, 12:06 PM
That thing is smoking, isnt the X14 made more for skiing?This boat had "214" embroidered on the seat, but (obviously) had a tower and ballast, so without graphics I'm guessing it's a MariStar.

I don't know about the hull design purpose, but my buddy is ready to jump because mostly all he does is slalom and he only has one child.

TheOneandOnly
07-05-2007, 12:09 PM
Is that out on minnetonka

Roonie's
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Is that out on minnetonka

That was my next question too........ what lake is that on?

That is the x14 hull. I was just in Midwest Mastercraft on Monday to pick up my boat and didn't see that particular boat. They did have an x14 dark blue that looked similar but also had the graphics on the side.

shepherd
07-05-2007, 12:28 PM
Whoa! I never knew I liked black with yellow accents.. that thing is PURRDDYY!!

I agree, at least from the top of the windshield down. :cool: Looks like a friggin' junkyard above. :rolleyes:

I like towers about as much as Mac likes teak!

Maristar210
07-05-2007, 12:41 PM
This boat had "214" embroidered on the seat, but (obviously) had a tower and ballast, so without graphics I'm guessing it's a MariStar.

I don't know about the hull design purpose, but my buddy is ready to jump because mostly all he does is slalom and he only has one child.

I am not sure about that one H. Aren't all Maristars V drives?

I'd say it's a 214 with all the goodies ....

Mag_Red
07-05-2007, 12:43 PM
sweet! Love everything about that boat. Now why couldn't I get the black and yellow accent in my interiior???:mad:

sizzler
07-05-2007, 12:46 PM
it is a great looking boat........only one problem for me though...because it doesnt have the rear locker i cant find a place for my LPG GAS tank......this means i would have to stick with petrol.......too expensive an option.........

shame.....

bigmac
07-05-2007, 12:54 PM
I am not sure about that one H. Aren't all Maristars V drives?

I'd say it's a 214 with all the goodies ....Doh!! http://mccollister.info/gifs/Doh.gif

bigmac
07-05-2007, 12:55 PM
it is a great looking boat........only one problem for me though...because it doesnt have the rear locker i cant find a place for my LPG GAS tank......this means i would have to stick with petrol.......too expensive an option.........

shame.....

Maybe they make a tower rack for mounting an LPG tank...;)

2RLAKE
07-05-2007, 01:01 PM
it's either a loaded Prostar 214 or an X14 ... Maristar210 is correct that Maristars are all v-drives. The 214/X14 is an awesome boat ... all around competive slalom, wakeboard and barefoot ... and I am not biased just because I have one ... go get a run behind it

bigmac
07-05-2007, 01:02 PM
it's either a loaded Prostar 214 or an X14 ... Maristar210 is correct that Maristars are all v-drives. The 214/X14 is an awesome boat ... all around competive slalom, wakeboard and barefoot ... and I am not biased just because I have one ... go get a run behind itYes, I keep thinking that all MasterCrafts with towers are just MariStars with a lot of unnecessary stuff on them :D .

As I said, this one said 214 on the passenger seat, so I'm guessing it's a loaded ProStar rather than an X-boat.

That was my next question too........ what lake is that on?

Serpent Lake, Brainerd Lakes area.

jaysus
07-05-2007, 02:30 PM
Yes, I keep thinking that all MasterCrafts with towers are just MariStars with a lot of unnecessary stuff on them :D .

As I said, this one said 214 on the passenger seat, so I'm guessing it's a loaded ProStar rather than an X-boat.

Could be, but our X14 had 214 embroidered into the observers seat as well.

-J.

trickskier
07-05-2007, 02:37 PM
Good looking boat...............Thanks for going back to get a pic bigmac.....:D

bigmac
07-05-2007, 03:15 PM
Could be, but our X14 had 214 embroidered into the observers seat as well.

-J.

Ah...well, maybe it is an X-14, then. Anyway...really nice boat.

bigmac
07-05-2007, 11:17 PM
I agree, at least from the top of the windshield down. :cool: Looks like a friggin' junkyard above. :rolleyes:

I like towers about as much as Mac likes teak!in fairness, the boards are all racked in. It looks far less cluttered with them rotated outboard. Plus this boat has a tower bimini mounted.

PendO
07-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Yes, I keep thinking that all MasterCrafts with towers are just MariStars with a lot of unnecessary stuff on them :D .

I saw a new X14 on the showroom the other day and it had the 214 embroidery on the seat as well, unlike the X7 which had the X-series embroidery ... I wonder how many they produced the wrong way and then just said ... aw, forget it, nobody will notice:)