View Full Version : Hot-dog Eating Contest

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:09 PM
I can’t believe I am watching this???:confused:
But it is funny ?:D
Will 60 go down?:confused:

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:11 PM
:uglyhamme They have that stuff on ESPN every once and a while...mad funny but a little disgusting lol

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
It is on right now ….omg this is so dumb …..I love it!!!!!:rolleyes:

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:14 PM
Those people must need like alka seltzer or sumtin after that...i know i would

dmayer84
07-04-2007, 01:20 PM
The guy from Japan that has won the past few years has gotten jaw arthritis from it. Must have been practicing too much

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:22 PM
That would probobly suck pretty bad to get jaw arthritis

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:25 PM
Can my wife get jaw arthritis? :eek3:

Maristar210
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM

My wife has it already :rolleyes:

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:28 PM

i think thats ur department...but idk

Maristar210
07-04-2007, 01:29 PM
I just ate 9 Taquito's, what'd I win?

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Whats a Taquito
never heard of it

guessing its mexican tho

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
I just ate 9 Taquito's, what'd I win?

you win..........:rolleyes:

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:36 PM
Whats a Taquito
never heard of it

guessing its mexican tho

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taquito

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 01:38 PM
wikipedia...all my teachers in school tell us were not aloud to use that site...but whocares

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 01:58 PM
A photo finish??? LOL LOL:D

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 02:00 PM
who won??

id never do that much eating..lol

RexDog1
07-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Wow that was sick…. 66 Hot dogs in 12 minutes sick and so funny!!!!:D

USA USA USA …..

Maristar210
07-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Chestnut wins

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 02:02 PM
thats a lot of wieners

Leroy
07-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I'm surprised they don't die from too much salt intake.

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 06:55 PM

Thats a good point, totally forgot about how much salt those things have.

So how do you think they cook that many hot dogs? Microwave or big grill??

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 06:55 PM

:uglyhamme

Leroy
07-04-2007, 07:48 PM
To think a lady died drinking too much water.....only a question of time before one of these guys drops.

300 calories each or about 18000 calories or about 9 times daily amount!

700 mg of salt or about 42000 mg of salt or 20 times daily recommended amount.

:uglyhamme

Maristar210
07-04-2007, 07:52 PM
Do they keep it down or force themselves to toss once the contest is over?

RedStar
07-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Do they keep it down or force themselves to toss once the contest is over?

July 5th: Killer Dump Contest near Newark, NJ

Sheridan's Odds Have Chestnut at 3:2

Kobiashi 2:1

Black Widow 6:1

Some dude in a tank top driving a Check-Mate : even money.:D

TMCNo1
07-04-2007, 08:53 PM
The NBC News showed the Asian guy hurling near the end of the contest.

RedStar
07-04-2007, 08:56 PM
The NBC News showed the Asian guy hurling near the end of the contest.

That was Kobiashi, the defending champ. Then he tried to lap it back up so he wouldn't lose. Seriously.:eek:

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 09:00 PM
:uglyhamme I would hope they toss after words. That be alot of extra weight to be carrying around

Lennyp04
07-04-2007, 09:01 PM
That was Kobiashi, the defending champ. Then he tried to lap it back up so he wouldn't lose. Seriously.:eek:

wow thats nasty...lol

msetexas
07-05-2007, 03:30 PM
I watched the re-run late last night - it's so stupid you can't change the channel.

Crazy stuff was the introductions and each competitor's records and championships.

They said one guy was the SPAM eating champion of the world. Something like 5 pound in 10 minutes :eek:

Workin' 4 Toys
07-06-2007, 12:47 AM
It is funny. I couldn't turn it off. Almost like painfully sitting through an episode of cribs, I thought that channel used to play videos...:confused:

atlfootr
07-06-2007, 09:01 AM
Eat ME! : Nathan's Annual Hot Dog Eating Contest, Gluttony at its Finest (http://community.foxsports.com/blogs/slshusker/2007/07/04/Eat_ME_Nathans_Annual_Hot_Dog_Eating_Contest_Glutt ony_at_its_Finest)
Jul 04, 2007 | 10:54AM

The world looks on in horror as American gluttony took center stage on ESPN. It's Hot Dog eating time. B-U-R-P!
Nothing says America like competitive eating.
http://www.ckdisco.com/images/nathans-hotdog.jpg

With U.S. and world starvation, the Chinese government propping up a holocaust inducing Sudanese government and the NY Yankees going to h-ell, we have competitive eating on center stage...and I watched it all.

This one hour event was like a Triple Crown race, 48 minutes of hype and speculation, http://t3.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1186484396970&id=c25fee9a86ff80e9716d351f9144cbedfollowed by a quick race. The difference is that at Nathan's the contestants may puke during the contest. Woof Cookies results in a DQ. It's bad for the contestant, yet great t.v.

As competitive eating fans know, Kobayashi was claiming an arthritic jaw injury, which would hamper the defense of his Six Time record. Analysts thought it to be a ruse, which it was. Kobayashi showed up at the last minute, intending to play mind games with Joey Chestnut, his heir apparent.

The main competitor, Joey Chestnut, below, was talking smack and was ready for the feed bag.
.http://images.usatoday.com/news/_photos/2006/07/04/nathans.jpg

ESPN played up the 'event' by giving it mock analysis during SportsCenter. The comments were smarmy and fun.

The twelve minute event began with the crowd countdown.
The record of 59 1/2 hot dogs must go down and go down hard.

Kobayashi started out slow and trailed till the final three minutes, when he turned it up, catching and briefly passing Chestnut. The humongous crowd of thousands cheered its support and begged for one of these guys to throw up, making their and my day complete.

http://t1.images.live.com/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=1216014286624&id=13cb73f917a5b9b5e818ad037ee2e1af
Sports viewers everywhere salute Kobayashi's valiant effort to retain his six time title. Unfortunately, after a bit of backwash and spray in he final 30 seconds, the judges ruled Kobayashi had eaten ONLY 63 hot dogs, the Wuss!

Chestnut had the best swallow down the strech and chowed down a record total of 66 hot dogs and buns. The number 66 has the competitive eating world on the edge of its buffet tables.
I feel like throwing up after watching this schadenfreude event.

Leroy
07-06-2007, 09:44 AM
I saw part of it last night and it was very hyped. WHo are all of these people that show up at a hot dog eating contest? Did they pay to get in there? That was a big crowd!

Workin' 4 Toys
07-06-2007, 10:11 AM
I saw part of it last night and it was very hyped. WHo are all of these people that show up at a hot dog eating contest? Did they pay to get in there? That was a big crowd!
They need mustard, onions, tomatoes, peppers, relish, celery salt, and a pickle spear to be a real hot dog anyway..;)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-06-2007, 10:25 AM
We watched it last night. They MUST have to hurl after that. whether it was voluntary or not. There is NO way you could keep that food down. IMpossible. They just have to hurl their guts out after that.

Workin' 4 Toys
07-06-2007, 10:41 AM
We watched it last night. They MUST have to hurl after that. whether it was voluntary or not. There is NO way you could keep that food down. IMpossible. They just have to hurl their guts out after that.
Ex-lax......http://emoticons4u.com/obscene/eck14.gif

suedv
07-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I can't stand eating one hot dog and I don't even eat the bun. Every time I see people eating hot dogs I think about what icky animal parts they use to make them (and no I'm not a vegetarian). Those people in hot dog eating contests are CRAZY!

Here's an article about a woman who won a chili dog eating contest in Rockford, MI. She said she was nd bloated and sick from the sodium.

Monday, December 05, 2005

By Ken Kolker

—The Grand Rapids Press

ROCKFORD -- For 23 years, she was queen of Corner Bar, the 110-pound legend who ate 42 1/2 hot dogs, chili and all, in one sitting.

No matter how others tried -- and they did -- they could not catch up with Sharon VanDuinen, the former Sharon Scholten. Nobody could knock her from the throne relished by so many. Then along came Balinda Gould. Step aside Sharon, there's a new hot dog-eating queen. Gould, a 41-year-old mother of one who works part time at a deli counter, on Friday gulped 43 hot dogs -- with chili and buns. She barely made it. With 90 seconds left before the mandatory four hours was up, with tears rolling down her face and in front of a bar of cheering patrons, she swallowed. Down went hot dog No. 43. She went home a short time later. And up came hot dog No. 43, followed quickly by others. "It's that chili," she said. "The chili's what kicked in."

Unlike VanDuinen, Gould said she had no plans to become an ambassador for Corner Bar. She did it only for the money: $500. "I didn't think they'd take pictures and talk to ya and announce everything," Gould said Sunday. "I just wanted to eat the stupid hot dogs, get the money and leave." She said she planned to use the money to buy Christmas gifts for her 8-year-old daughter, Gabrielle, and for airline tickets so she and her fiance can get married next spring in Las Vegas. She was listening to radio station WLAV-FM recently when she learned about the prize for breaking the record.

She tried breaking it twice in November -- eating 20 hot dogs the first time and 28 the second, she said. This time, she tried a new strategy -- no beer, less soda, less water and less coffee. She started at 2:21 p.m., smoking cigarettes and wearing a paint-stained Notre Dame sweatshirt. The first 25 hot dogs slid down in about an hour, then she slowed. Corner Bar manager Diana France said she and others watched Gould closely to make sure she didn't go to the bathroom to make room for more hot dogs. That would be cheating.

"She had tears rolling down her face for the last dog, trying to swallow it," France said. "Everybody was doing the countdown."

She finished just before 6:21 p.m. Bar owners Jeff Wolfe and Andy Tidey wrote her a check. Gould said she had to call in sick the next day from her job at Story's Fresh Meat and Deli, north of Rockford.

"My gall bladder's having hissy fits with me," she said. "I puffed up because of the sodium, like a balloon."

VanDuinen, the dethroned queen, was 26 in March 1982 when she broke the record held by Dizzy Densmore. Several months later, VanDuinen defeated Densmore in a face-to-face eat-off. She became an ambassador for the bar, occasionally appearing as a celebrity and signing autographs.

VanDuinen is 49, married with three children and living in the Jenison area. She has no plans to face off against Gould over a plate of dogs. "My reign is over," she said. "I'm not capable of eating like that anymore, nor do I have the desire." She hopes Gould will take over as a figurehead for the bar.

"With the title comes responsibility," VanDuinen said.