PDA

View Full Version : Heading to New Melones

X2M
07-04-2007, 12:30 AM
Any NorCal'ers going to be up at New Melones July 12th - 18th? We are heading up that way and taking the boat.
Would be fun to hook-up with some other MC owners in the area.

:)

*edit* Has anyone been there recently? If so what is the water level of the lake?

rlivingood
07-05-2007, 12:05 PM
X2Momma, Ann, the kids, a friend, and I will be up there July 13-15th. We will be in the BigOak Camp spot 98. Hope to see you there.

Rod

BTW, there is plenty of water. Was up there last weekend for our 4th trip this year. The lake started out this season in May about 1055 feet down from the peek last year of 1085 (almost overflowing). It has been dropping quickly. Lookin at http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?NML it shows it's down to about 1020 or so. The Glory Hole marina ramp now has parking on the lower level which helps because the marina launch parking has been getting full. We always launch from the other ramp anyway so no big deal. Water temp last weekend was between 77 - 80. Not as warm as it will get, but not too bad. Last weekends temps were on the cool side just to about 90 - 92 during the peak of the day down to the high 50s as night. Pretty good considering that this weekend it will be over 100 for sure. Maybe 105.

flyinryn
07-05-2007, 12:22 PM
Probably see you up there....

X2M
07-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Probably see you up there....

What do you mean by probably? :confused: You are still coming right?

X2M
07-05-2007, 01:08 PM
X2Momma, Ann, the kids, a friend, and I will be up there July 13-15th. We will be in the BigOak Camp spot 98. Hope to see you there.

Rod

BTW, there is plenty of water. Was up there last weekend for our 4th trip this year. The lake started out this season in May about 1055 feet down from the peek last year of 1085 (almost overflowing). It has been dropping quickly. Lookin at http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/queryDaily?NML it shows it's down to about 1020 or so. The Glory Hole marina ramp now has parking on the lower level which helps because the marina launch parking has been getting full. We always launch from the other ramp anyway so no big deal. Water temp last weekend was between 77 - 80. Not as warm as it will get, but not too bad. Last weekends temps were on the cool side just to about 90 - 92 during the peak of the day down to the high 50s as night. Pretty good considering that this weekend it will be over 100 for sure. Maybe 105.

Thanks for the info! We will look you up. Do you remember what my boat looks like? Look for us on the water too.

flyingskibiker
07-17-2007, 01:12 PM
awww, man... i missed out! was busy - family. but would have been nice... we used to go there every year for a houseboat trip. two MCs and a Sanger. ah, the good ol' days...