PDA

View Full Version : The Official "Opinions, observations, Rants, theories, and ideas about EBAY Thread"

Upper Michigan Prostar190
07-02-2007, 10:27 AM
OK, so I have been watching ebay for various guitar-music related items for years, and watching various waterski related items for years. And it seems to me that used items go for very high prices alot of the time. I realize I am cheap but dang! Think about this: why woudl you pay 80% or more of new price for a used item? some of the stuff I see goes for that. Its usually around 75% of what you can buy a new one for. sometimes its less, but its usually in rougher conditions. sometimes you do find a buy, but it doesnt seem to happen often. I just cant see why someone would pay $127 for a set of skis with shipping when you can buy a NEW set for $150 with free shipping. :confused: that one dont compute for me. I see this stuff with musical items all the time. I just dont get it. I mean, obvisously someone who is able to get on the internet and buy on ebay could just as easy go to overtons or barts or where ever and buy the same items, so its not conveinence. Would it seem that a used item would command a much less price given the facts that you have no warranties, you cant see the item, so even with pictures there is still an element of risk. I just think that the used prices of items are generally too high there. and its obviously the buyers that control it, because they are the ones bidding them up and paying them. so am I right? wrong? on base? off base? whatcha think?:confused:

Please post your Opinions, observations, Rants, theories, and ideas about ebay here for discussion. :) all input welcome. all except Hoosier Bob's story about buying the defunct imposter "moto jack" with the wet paint on ebay. 8p

Maristar210
07-02-2007, 10:34 AM
OK, so I have been watching ebay for various guitar-music related items for years, and watching various waterski related items for years. And it seems to me that used items go for very high prices alot of the time. I realize I am cheap but dang! Think about this: why woudl you pay 80% or more of new price for a used item? some of the stuff I see goes for that. Its usually around 75% of what you can buy a new one for. sometimes its less, but its usually in rougher conditions. sometimes you do find a buy, but it doesnt seem to happen often. I just cant see why someone would pay $127 for a set of skis with shipping when you can buy a NEW set for $150 with free shipping. :confused: that one dont compute for me. I see this stuff with musical items all the time. I just dont get it. I mean, obvisously someone who is able to get on the internet and buy on ebay could just as easy go to overtons or barts or where ever and buy the same items, so its not conveinence. Would it seem that a used item would command a much less price given the facts that you have no warranties, you cant see the item, so even with pictures there is still an element of risk. I just think that the used prices of items are generally too high there. and its obviously the buyers that control it, because they are the ones bidding them up and paying them. so am I right? wrong? on base? off base? whatcha think?:confused:

Please post your Opinions, observations, Rants, theories, and ideas about ebay here for discussion. :) all input welcome. all except Hoosier Bob's story about buying the defunct imposter "moto jack" with the wet paint on ebay. 8p

UMP SHHHHHHH !!!!|

As a seller of these fine goods nothing makes me happier than to see two idiot trying to outbid one another for a nearly useless POS.

I hear you really though.....

tex
07-02-2007, 10:35 AM
There are a lot of idiots out there. I have always been very successful in buying things on Ebay. Now, granted they are usually cheaper hard to find weird stuff that only I would like. I have bought several Martini camp shirts. I did buy my tower lights and speakers off of there. It was a roll of the dice but I feel I came out OK. You just have to watch the seller's approval rating. I have been burned once and it was on something so cheap I didn't even bother with complaining!

TMCNo1
07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
I'm really surprised at your post. I didn't realize you had a problem with your GB on Hookers you got and the shipping was cheap, although it was by Greyhound Buslines :steering: from South America!:confused::D

Leroy
07-02-2007, 12:00 PM
I have been buying broken IPODs and parts and you really have to know the price and stick to it. There are old gen 4 IPODs selling for incredible $$

07-02-2007, 12:05 PM
I'm really surprised at your post. I didn't realize you had a problem with your GB on Hookers you got and the shipping was cheap, although it was by Greyhound Buslines :steering: from South America!:confused:
No, no, no, no, no!!! I dont do group buys! Remember?

I buy hukers ONE at a time! well, I mean, I get them in groups sometimes, but there for myself, not other people. :o :o

TMCNo1
07-02-2007, 12:13 PM
No, no, no, no, no!!! I dont do group buys! Remember?

I buy hukers ONE at a time! well, I mean, I get them in groups sometimes, but there for myself, not other people. :o :o

OK, as long as their not sold for profit!:D

07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
OK, as long as their not sold for profit!:D
No, no, never, never.