PDA

View Full Version : boat is slow out of hole x-7

tcp cocker
07-01-2007, 09:17 PM
so i just got the boat out of storage about a week ago and it was winterized. the oil was black and chunky the oil filter was nasty as hell. should that have been changed when the boat was winterized. so i changed the oil and filter and every thing. get it set to go and it runs fine. then we put the weight in the boat and its very slow out of the hole and the check engine light comes on but all gauges are fine. could it be the fuel filter all messed up or the spark plugs. we are riding the same amount of weight as last season and we never had a check engine light ever come on. some help would be much appreciated.

JimN
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Who winterized it? If they didn't change the oil, I doubt they added stabilizer. Don't run it hard until you get fresh gas in it, or remove some and add fresh to it. You may also have water in the gas, which means that you should take a fuel sample. If it comes out cloudy, it has water in it and that needs to be removed. Gas also loses octane over time and if it wasn't stabilized, it's lost faster. Get some good gas, preferably higher octane in it and try that. Clean the plugs and if it needs a tune-up, do it. If the place that is servicing it dropped the ball, get in their face about it.

tcp cocker
07-02-2007, 06:56 PM
no crap they droped the ball we called them and they said that they dont change the oil before winter. ok so my question is so what did they do with my 150$ of time take the plugs out and put a little bit of anti freeze in the boat if they even did that. i put stabilizer in the boat so it should be good but i will still check the gas and maybe add some octane booster to it. so now after that crap iv changed oil oil filter and now the fuel filter and cleaned the plugs so can u tell me what they did for 150$ what a joke. i pretty much just did what was suposed to be done this is just crap. pinecrest marine syracuse indiana is a joke and this is not the first thing they have sucked toe's on i told them the amp in the boat was messed up because of water and it took them 2 hours just to get to the amp and say o yeah its the amp thats messed up. last year we took it in for a 10 hour break in check up and it comes back only running on 4 cylinders i have never taken it to them and not had something broken when it comes back.!!!!:mad:

JimN
07-03-2007, 01:35 AM
Call MC about this. They need to know how bad things are. Pinecrest has at least two locations, too. Call and talk to the owner about all of the problems you have had.

Old oil is corrosive and needs to be changed before it sits for a long period. Have their technicians drive across town to get trained so they know what to do.

I wouldn't bother with octane booster. I would pump most of the gas out and use it in a lawn mower or something that doesn't need high octane, then refill the boat with fresh gas.

erkoehler
07-03-2007, 01:45 AM
Call MC about this. They need to know how bad things are. Pinecrest has at least two locations, too. Call and talk to the owner about all of the problems you have had.

Old oil is corrosive and needs to be changed before it sits for a long period. Have their technicians drive across town to get trained so they know what to do.

I wouldn't bother with octane booster. I would pump most of the gas out and use it in a lawn mower or something that doesn't need high octane, then refill the boat with fresh gas.

This thread is about a boat sericed at Pinecrest?

JimN
07-03-2007, 09:28 AM
"This thread is about a boat sericed at Pinecrest?"

That's what he said in his post.

92 190 PS
07-03-2007, 09:49 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

MatthewTroyer
07-03-2007, 10:07 AM
I've had my boat serviced at the other pinecrest marine location -- Fishers -- mixed reviews and attitudes from the service people. Check out my V-drive transmission thread...

Ric
07-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Erk and Jimn are meeting in the parking lot at 3 oclock

jraben8
07-03-2007, 10:36 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

JimN
07-03-2007, 02:43 PM
"Erk and Jimn are meeting in the parking lot at 3 oclock"

We are? If I had known, I would have left in time- I'll never make it, now.

If the boat is normally between Chicago and Syracuse, maybe a change of venue could help.

tcp cocker
07-03-2007, 08:24 PM
well now its in montana thats what im pissed about the only mastercraft dealer is 6 hours away

JimN
07-03-2007, 09:32 PM
I don't know the whole situation but if it was serviced in Syracuse, whether I lived there or was passing through, I would have taken the boat out if it had much done to it. Lake Wawasee is just east of the main drag, behind a restaurant called "The Frog" (or, it was called that when I was there last time, it's just down the street from the Taco Bell/KFC combo). Biggest natural lake in the state and to be honest, I would never leave town with a boat if I didn't know for a fact that it ran correctly. Not that it absolves the place doing the work but the easiest way to have a ruined vacation is by not checking everything to make sure it's in good working order.

Do you live in Indiana or were you passing through?

tcp cocker
07-04-2007, 12:26 AM
just moved out here to montana for the winter ski season to work and decided to stay there was still ice on the lake when we towed it out here its not a vacation we live in montana going out to the lake tomorrow and putting new plugs in the boat and fuel filter and putting a solvent to dry any water in the gas if it dont work ill take it to a marina and see what they say.

JimN
07-04-2007, 12:36 AM
About the only thing I would add to the gas is Sea Foam, available at WalMart, Checker/Kragen/Schuck's Auto Parts and NAPA. Don't forget about the fuel filter. If the tank is low and the filter is clogged, it'll be a dog. If the tank is full, it'll usually not show many problems, other than bad pump, spark, pressure.

Look for an Indmar service center if there's no MasterCraft dealer nearby.