PDA

View Full Version : Minocqua/Lake Tomahawk, WI guys

Chicago190
07-01-2007, 01:17 AM
I'm looking to attend the 4th of July fireworks/festivities on Lake Minocqua this year. I'm wondering if any of you regulars have tips about the best place to launch from to avoid the holiday traffic. I can put in at any public launch on the Lake Minocqua/Tomahawk chain of lakes. I usually just use the public landing at Lake Tomahawk but it was pretty crowded last time I went 2 years ago. Any insider tips or should I just resign myself to the crowds once the fireworks are over?

tex
07-01-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm looking to attend the 4th of July fireworks/festivities on Lake Minocqua this year. I'm wondering if any of you regulars have tips about the best place to launch from to avoid the holiday traffic. I can put in at any public launch on the Lake Minocqua/Tomahawk chain of lakes. I usually just use the public landing at Lake Tomahawk but it was pretty crowded last time I went 2 years ago. Any insider tips or should I just resign myself to the crowds once the fireworks are over?
Check out the Kwahamot ski show. Happy 4th~

barefoot
07-01-2007, 01:47 PM
A bunch of friends and I will be right up the road in Bayfield County. I don’t know how far it would be from you, but if you would like to get away for a day, shoot me a PM. We’ll be doing all the typical stuff….footing, drinking, skiing, drinking, wake boarding, drinking, eating, footing, drinking…….

Chicago190
07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
I've got a big crowd at our house this week so I might be a little too busy. Next time I'm up I'll be sure to send you a PM and see if you're around. Have a good 4th.