PDA

View Full Version : want space ? no tower?

rodltg2
06-30-2007, 01:00 PM
not for me but may interest some of you who dont want to add a tower to make room for wakeboards, skiis etc....

http://www.liquidcouragewatersports.com/

Ramhouse
06-30-2007, 01:13 PM
Sort of cool, but how do you pull up next to the dock? Have seen ones before that do the same but don't hang over the edge, they clamp to the rail.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-30-2007, 02:49 PM
Looks like a good idea, but what about us old school boats with no cleats??

Lennyp04
07-01-2007, 08:45 AM
Would rather have the tower but a very good idea for those who dont

bigmac
07-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Man, I've been looking for a convenient way to store a hydrofoil on the boat for almost 2 years - those things really take up a lot of room, and stubbing your toe on a hydrofoil hurts. A lot. I gotta get that thing outta the boat.

Alas, it doesn't appear that any of their models will work for a 60 lb hydrofoil, but I'm encouraged that we're getting closer. I think I'll email them.

TMCNo1
07-01-2007, 09:28 AM
Don't shot me, but you can always bungee it to a toob and pull it behind the boat.

bigmac
07-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Don't shot me, but you can always bungee it to a toob and pull it behind the boat.That doesn't work...

TMCNo1
07-01-2007, 09:53 AM
That doesn't work...
:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme But, I could still see it and no, it would not be a pretty sight!

fintek9
07-01-2007, 12:17 PM
suction cups?? To me it seems one big jolt over a wake would drop them to davey jones locker!

jmenning
07-01-2007, 02:28 PM
Couple of answers to your questions...
No we haven't tried the hydrofoil and it's definately something we need to look into... we'll get our hands on one and start looking at a possible design it you really think it's marketable.

We've been pleasantly surprised with the combo rack (for kneeboarders and wakeboarders)... many people out there that are transitioning now to wakeboarding amd that's where there is nothing like it on the market.

We're excited that we're patenting it... which will hopefully keep us on the forefront of sales and design.

Yes we're finding there are quite a few people that don't want to put a tower on their boat and this is a key for more space... especially with different riders needing different boards (and many are particular about their OWN boards). In fact... that's a reason we originally came up with the concept and have taken it this far.

As far as lots of chop.... we've tested it well and are confident in the design as long as the specifications are followed.

In terms or older boats....you can have a cleat installed. We ourselves have had a marina put in a Atwood pull up cleat on our midship and it works well... we have used the back one... but now like the placement and convenience of the midship much better. We've also had customers with older boats have a cleat installed at a marina... its relatively simple... cost of cleat and then the cost of labor. You might even be able to hire someone from the marina on the side to install it.

Just some thoughts. Keep passing the information on.... we're hoping you'll see us in Overton's or Barts by next year.

- John Menning - www.L-C-W.com