PDA

View Full Version : Plans for the 4th?

WTRSK1R
06-29-2007, 10:25 AM
I know it might be a little early since we are still in June, but its Friday, and I am taking all of next week off.:D

So here is my plans:
Family and I are going to visit my wife's family in Michigan up near Traverse City. We are not bringing the boat though because my brother in law has a PS190. Hopefully I will get at least 1 ski set in with him. There is always a family picnic over the 4th, and we try to get there since most of the family is in town at the same time.

I am really looking forward to having a week off.

:firejump:

Hope eveyone has a fun and a SAFE holiday!

Steve

Workin' 4 Toys
06-29-2007, 10:30 AM
Plan A1: Be ON the water before the sun comes up.
Plan A2: Get my kid up on skis for the first time
Plan A3: Get my kid up on skis for the second time
etc.....:D In that order....:D

(Nothing else that happens in the next week matters...):D

Tourney Team 197
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
We're heading up to the cabin! I don't get to leave until Tuesday though. Maybe after all of the crazy jet-skiers go to bed, I'll get a chance to make a couple sets.

Jkelly
06-29-2007, 10:38 AM
I will be representing the MC nation among the enemy. I was invited Nautique dealer to bring my boat to some lake in Slidell. My wife has other plans she is looking to move closer to Slidell, we are currently about 30 miles from there, and everything we do is in Slidell. So she will be digging for INFO on the surrounding looking for our next house.

03 35th Anniversary
06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
WORK!!!
WORK!!!
WORK!!!
Till Thursday, fly to Tn.

Ski get smashed
Ski get hammered
Ski get tanked

in that order............:friday:

betsy&david Harrison
06-29-2007, 10:39 AM
On the 4th our town hosts a Push-em Pull-em parade down Main St. The kids deck out their bikes, scooters, wagons ect... in Americana. They throw candy to the bystanders. The parade empties out into the Street Food/Crafts Fair. Later in the day we head to my sisters where we celebrate with a BBQ for Mom's B-day. Should be a hoot!:D

Slinkyredfoot
06-29-2007, 10:48 AM
WORK!!!
WORK!!!
WORK!!!
Till Thursday, fly to Tn.

Ski get smashed
Ski get hammered
Ski get tanked

in that order............:friday:

Didn't you forget "Ski and get naked"?
We will be at the lake house next week, there will be a boat floatilla, which is usually a gas and fireworks on the lake which are always spectacular...Lots of "R and R" and "I and I"...

Monte
06-29-2007, 10:49 AM
Going to the beach:) Sun fun and kids:D

No boat:(

03 35th Anniversary
06-29-2007, 10:55 AM
Didn't you forget "Ski and get naked"?
Thanks!!! I almost forgot......:D

Get Naked and Ski by everybody on Budweiser Beach.....:D

MMCCAR12
06-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Fishing the East Cape Cabo Mexico

Flatwaterfooter
06-29-2007, 11:02 AM
Headed to the lake for the next 10 days.

east tx skier
06-29-2007, 11:03 AM
Our typical plan for any holiday weekend is to keep our boat off the lake. Around here, the public spots tend to be the site of the annual idiot olympics. We have a semi private spot we might go though. Everyone be safe and keep your distance from the wallys.

chudson
06-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Goin up to Vancouver Island off B.C. for a week with my wife. Had to get a passport to go to Cananda :huh: When did that start? Haven't been north of the border for a while!!!

dmayer84
06-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Goin up to Vancouver Island off B.C. for a week with my wife. Had to get a passport to go to Cananda :huh: When did that start? Haven't been north of the border for a while!!!

Dont get me started on passports. You are gonna need one soon just to drive across the border.

Upper Michigan Prostar190
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
Plan A1: Be ON the water before the sun comes up.
Plan A2: Get my kid up on skis for the first time
Plan A3: Get my kid up on skis for the second time
etc.....:D In that order....:D

(Nothing else that happens in the next week matters...):D
Hey Toys, thats an aweseom plan!

Ya know, I am having fun with this barefooting learning expereince, but I have to tell you, I taught 1 girl to ski last weekend, and 1 friend of mine how to start on one ski, and ski it. I have to say I think I was more excited teaching those people and seeing them succeed than I was with my own achievments. Its just so much dang fun to teach people waterskiing.

tex
06-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Let's see....Nothing....a bad knee and a 4th that falls on Wed! Looks like sitting around the house and watching someone else run the grill and having someone else mix my martinis(could be worse). Everyone have fun at the lake and only be as careful as to get nobody hurt!

kingu
06-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Wednesday the 4th - Lake
Thursday the 5th - Lake
Friday the 6th - Drag Races, Thunder Valley in Bristol, TN
Saturday the 7th - Lake
Sunday the 8th - Lake

06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Our typical plan for any holiday weekend is to keep our boat off the lake. Around here, the public spots tend to be the site of the annual idiot olympics. We have a semi private spot we might go though. Everyone be safe and keep your distance from the wallys. DOnt diss my kind East, it aint nice. 8p ;)

Yes, stay away from Wally. I tend to not want to even ski on the 4th. too many Wallys.

BrianM
06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
I will be representing the MC nation among the enemy. I was invited Nautique dealer to bring my boat to some lake in Slidell. My wife has other plans she is looking to move closer to Slidell, we are currently about 30 miles from there, and everything we do is in Slidell. So she will be digging for INFO on the surrounding looking for our next house.

Just sent you a PM. Give me a call.........

76S&S
06-29-2007, 12:00 PM
Going to the water on Sunday, will drive in for work on Monday and Tuesday:rant: then spend the rest of the week on the water with the wife and kids..........if she doesn't go into labor with our third.:cool:

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:02 PM
Monday: Work
Tuesday: Work
Wednesday: Off (Just hang around the house, maybe walk down to the beach for a few hours)
Thursday: Work (Act a little sick in the afternoon!!)
Friday: Call in Sick to work (Take the boat to Catalina for the weekend!!! WOOO HOOO!!!)
Saturday: Catalina!
Sunday: Catalina!

Monte
06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Wednesday: Off (Just hang around the house, maybe walk down to the beach for a few hours)
Friday: Call in Sick to work (Take the boat to Catalina for the weekend!!! WOOO HOOO!!!)

Cream of mushroom soup works great for this;)

bradamerry
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM
Lake Greeson for the day...;)

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:12 PM

Elaborate....

Monte
06-29-2007, 12:21 PM
Elaborate....

looks very similar to lunch on the way back out;) little dab on the shirt.. little dab on the shoes.. a few choice noises from the restroom.. You are home;)

Worked great for those pesky exams I neglected to study for in college:D

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:22 PM
looks very similar to lunch on the way back out;) little dab on the shirt.. little dab on the shoes.. a few choice noises from the restroom.. You are home;)

Worked great for those pesky exams I neglected to study for in college:D

I like it.... ALOT!!

Maristar210
06-29-2007, 12:23 PM

Uh oh. Call in sick? There went your rating on the Steve meter:(

Man up and tell 'em you won't be in.

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:25 PM

I can't!! I have to be at the company for 12 months before I can take vacation. I have not been off one day, since I started in October....

Maristar210
06-29-2007, 12:29 PM
I can't!! I have to be at the company for 12 months before I can take vacation. I have not been off one day, since I started in October....

Well alright then. I see.

I used to have a guy that came up with all these stories why he could not work. Pure BS 24/7

The key word there is used to, He went from $$$ to driving fork truck at the orchard....

06-29-2007, 12:31 PM
Ooo! like in "The Great Santini". Classic!

Chicago190
06-29-2007, 12:32 PM
Taking the 5:12 PM train home on Monday, getting in the car and driving straight up to the lake house for 5 days of:
http://www.davisgrad.com/images/millerlite.jpg

Oh, and plenty of skiing and cruising.

Monte
06-29-2007, 12:33 PM

I used to have a guy that came up with all these stories why he could not work. Pure BS 24/7

The key word there is used to, He went from $$$ to driving fork truck at the orchard....

Oh 210 let the man have some fun;) 8p

That is more pictures for the SS thread...:D

06-29-2007, 12:33 PM

I thought it was the "Steve-o-meter" ???:confused:

Maristar210
06-29-2007, 12:36 PM
I thought it was the "Steve-o-meter" ???:confused:

Nope - We already have several SteveO's

SteveO ain't me

Stevie on the other hand is what my friends call me sometimes...

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:41 PM

If you met me Steve, you would know that I am a really stand up guy... I have no intetions of making this a routine occurance! Please do not hate me!! :o

06-29-2007, 12:46 PM
Nope - We already have several SteveO's

SteveO ain't me

Stevie on the other hand is what my friends call me sometimes...
How bout the Staristar-0-meter???

pilot02
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM

JKelly, you need to get in touch with BrianM if you havn't done so already. He skies on the private lake on I-12/Hwy 11.

Workin' 4 Toys
06-29-2007, 12:58 PM
Hey Toys, thats an aweseom plan!

Ya know, I am having fun with this barefooting learning expereince, but I have to tell you, I taught 1 girl to ski last weekend, and 1 friend of mine how to start on one ski, and ski it. I have to say I think I was more excited teaching those people and seeing them succeed than I was with my own achievments. Its just so much dang fun to teach people waterskiing.
Thanks.
This past father's day, I was able to successfully get 2 kids up on skis for the first time (not my kids) and gave an honest effort to get another up on a wakeboard for the first time. After about 30 attempts, this one couldn't take it the pain (or embarassment) anymore even as much as we could possibly encourage, it just wasn't working....:( I'll keep trying....

(Soon I intend to pull a few through the course.....;) )

Maristar210
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
If you met me Steve, you would know that I am a really stand up guy... I have no intetions of making this a routine occurance! Please do not hate me!! :o

Jus playin, I know you are;)

TMCNo1
06-29-2007, 01:00 PM
Set off a bunch of firecrackers!

Monte
06-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Set off a bunch of firecrackers!

You mean the legal ones you can buy at Walmart right:rolleyes:

Nothing explosive in NC;) 8p

OhioProstar
06-29-2007, 03:53 PM
Down to Norris Lake in TN for 5 days.

TX.X-30 fan
06-29-2007, 03:59 PM
Ooo! like in "The Great Santini". Classic!

Good call UMP one of my top movie pics. That was a great scene.

MIMC
06-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Off all next week as well:
Saturday - Ski course at 7 am (we sleep in on the weekends)
Sunday - Ski with family, neighbors, friends and breakfast bar on pontoons at the sand bar at 10 am. Course must stay down on Sunday.
Mon - Ski course at 6 am
Tues - Ski course at 6 am
Wed - No course allowed on holidays :( ....it's OK, need break anyway! Do have fireworks on the lake though....ooooh, ahhhhh!
Thurs - Ski course at 6 am
Fri - Ski course at 6 am then off to Cedar Point.
Sat & Sun - recover! :D

After all the course skiing is done will get my kids out on the tube and try to teach my 5 yr old to ski off the boom. :o

bigpack20
06-29-2007, 04:38 PM
going to the lake late afternoon when all the tuber go home for dinner.

ogrover3
06-29-2007, 11:18 PM
thinking about heading to lake george and silver glen has anyone know how the water level has been there lately

Jesus_Freak
06-30-2007, 04:00 AM
Dont get me started on passports. You are gonna need one soon just to drive across the border.

We are actually in the process of getting passports for Canada. We have been waiting 13+ weeks already for the applications to pass. Strange system...

suedv
07-01-2007, 09:20 AM
Rick and Ben have an evening ski show on July 3 and 2 shows on the 4th of July. I will be taking lots of ski show pictures.

The shows are on different lakes so with set up, show time, and take down time we're busy for several hours for each show.

TMCNo1
07-01-2007, 05:20 PM
I have plans for the 5th, DRINK IT!:banana: :friday: :wavey:

Chicago190
07-01-2007, 05:35 PM
We are actually in the process of getting passports for Canada. We have been waiting 13+ weeks already for the applications to pass. Strange system...

Isn't the State Dept. allowing people to temporarily go to Canada and Mexico with just proof that they applied for a passport?

I know when I went to Ireland last spring I just used a passport expediting service and had it in 2 weeks. It was well worth the $50.

M-Funf
07-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Our typical plan for any holiday weekend is to keep our boat off the lake. Around here, the public spots tend to be the site of the annual idiot olympics. We have a semi private spot we might go though. Everyone be safe and keep your distance from the wallys.

I'm with you, Doug. Too many wally's out there.

I'm brining a turkey tomorrow night to BBQ on Wednesday. Hang out by the pool and :friday:

rodltg2
07-02-2007, 08:36 PM
eastie you should stop wasting you time on public water . join a lake already!!:D

i'll be skiing on the 4th. water should be glass all day.