PDA

View Full Version : nasty fenders

mudaa
02-15-2005, 02:22 PM
I have an 81 powerslot, the trailer will be going in for repainting this spring. The fiberglass/plastic fenders are all nasty and cracked. Does anyone know where to get replacement fenders, or is it just easier to fabricate replacement fenders?

Thanks

JEREMY79
02-15-2005, 02:30 PM
I tried to get them for my '79. I found it a whole lot easier to fix what was wrong with mine. I never found any.

east tx skier
02-15-2005, 03:22 PM
If they're in really bad shape, you could go this route until you figure something better out.

Overtons - Trailer Fender (http://overtons.com/cgi-bin/overtons/detail/pdetail2.cgi?r=detail_view&item_num=27037)

Brn85ss
02-15-2005, 04:27 PM
I have an 81 powerslot, the trailer will be going in for repainting this spring. The fiberglass/plastic fenders are all nasty and cracked. Does anyone know where to get replacement fenders, or is it just easier to fabricate replacement fenders?

Thanks
I think I would ditch the glass fenders and buy some metal fenders and diamond plate and rebuild the sides of the trailer. Much stronger and you could have a platform for stepping in and out of the boat.Northern equip. has lots of trailer parts.Look at the trailer on the "i think I may cry" thread.

Dan K
02-15-2005, 05:19 PM
I also have an 81 and I redid my trailer last year. My fenders were cracked in a couple of places, I glasses them underneath and then ground a groove in the crak and filled it in with Bondo. After repainting everything it looks better than ever. I was very pleased with the results.