PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft cruise control

X-2Mark
06-28-2007, 12:54 PM
Anyone having surging issues with their '07 mastercraft cruise control?

endl
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
I hated mine so bad, I spent 900.00...........on PP.

jkski
06-28-2007, 01:36 PM
Are you running in speed mode or RPM mode?
If you are running in speed mode and the water is the slightest bit rough, the boat will surge, however, if you run in RPM mode, it will not.
I always run in RPM mode, unless the water is glass and I have no problems. You just have to figure out what RPM relates to the speed you want and adjust from there as need be on the fly.
Hope this helps.

slink976
06-28-2007, 02:47 PM
Mine sucks (did you know s---u---x is a banned word) :( but it may be operator error. When we first start off it does not engage until we are doing about 30! WTH .... As far as surging, YES main when ever I turn on my heater we take off like a rocket!!! Good times to the boarder on the line. If anyone can help me at the time time as helping X-2Mark it would be appreciated!

rstitson
06-28-2007, 04:15 PM
Mine goes about 4 miles over then 3 miles under and then holds to within 1 mph of set speed, don't use rpm (yet). Ocasionally it seems to hold about 1mph under set speed, but that can be taken care of by adjustment while driveing. It's not perfect but it suites our needs

bigmac
06-28-2007, 04:26 PM
Mine goes about 4 miles over then 3 miles under and then holds to within 1 mph of set speed, don't use rpm (yet). Ocasionally it seems to hold about 1mph under set speed, but that can be taken care of by adjustment while driveing. It's not perfect but it suites our needsThat would be unaccfeptable for hydrofoiling. Those kind of overshoot/undershoot approaches to the actual desired speed would be highly annoying, more so the less experience the foiler has because hydrofoils are pretty sensitive to speed variation (since lift is related to speed). Wakeboard Pro (Perfect Pass) OTOH is very, very precise. I've never used MasterCraft Cruise, but I'm a big fan of Perfect Pass. I'll never have another boat without it.

onewheat
06-28-2007, 08:48 PM
I don't think it's that bad. It has worked pretty well for surfing around 10, pulling a wakeboard and kneeboarding. I have noticed a slight bit of variation, but not too bad. I haven't seen the need for another $1000 yet for WB Pro.

Doug G
06-28-2007, 08:55 PM
If it is choppy it searches, function of the paddle wheel I believe. It does overshoot when coming up to speed and coming out of turns.

Archimedes
06-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Mine overshoots by 2mph on acceleration but settles in to a pretty narrow range around the target within a few seconds. I'm very happy with it and now couldn't imagine having a boat without it. I always use the speed mode.

X2M
06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
Mine overshoots by 2mph on acceleration but settles in to a pretty narrow range around the target within a few seconds. I'm very happy with it and now couldn't imagine having a boat without it. I always use the speed mode.

Ours is the same. We have been happy with it...once we figured out how to use it.;)

:)

trickskier
06-29-2007, 11:12 AM
Mine works great........Now that jcrosby showed me how to use it........Directions in the manual were not that helpful...........

Sodar
06-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Wakeboard Pro (Perfect Pass) OTOH is very, very precise. I've never used MasterCraft Cruise, but I'm a big fan of Perfect Pass. I'll never have another boat without it.

I will second this!! I do not know how I went so long without it!! Never used the MC Cruise, but any speed control makes pulling soooo much more enjoyable! Plus, skiing behind a boat with speed control, while your friends drive make your pull a lot nicer for you!! 8p

rstitson
06-29-2007, 07:42 PM
I can understand how sports athletes more competitive than we are would not want even short variations in speed... But speed with different waves and surface frictions must be very hard to hold true even with perfect pass. That paddle wheel in itself can not be that accurate. Dependant on how high the nose is up I would expect it would have an impact. Maybe the algorithm to back off on throttle needs to be adjusted to predict acceleration/response lag. I think I might start takeing more notice if it functions better at higher speeds and with the nose down.

slink976
06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
Okay, but mine is over shooting all the way to 30+ before beeping then settling down to 22.5. Isn't that a wee bit excessive?

X-2Mark
06-30-2007, 01:02 AM
My '06 worked great the cruise on my '07 doesn't and the dealer says they can't do anything about it except to buy a perfect Pass. It works good skiing but while wakeboarding it strugles. One minute you have a great wake then the boat slows and your wake is all white washed out.

Chief
06-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Okay, but mine is over shooting all the way to 30+ before beeping then settling down to 22.5. Isn't that a wee bit excessive?

Where is the throttle? When I am fully ballasted I tell the wife to go full bore and the speed shoots to 30 and back to the set point. But if I have her go 3/4 the max I go is about 26 before settling.

Chief
06-30-2007, 01:33 AM
I can understand how sports athletes more competitive than we are would not want even short variations in speed... But speed with different waves and surface frictions must be very hard to hold true even with perfect pass. That paddle wheel in itself can not be that accurate. Dependant on how high the nose is up I would expect it would have an impact. Maybe the algorithm to back off on throttle needs to be adjusted to predict acceleration/response lag. I think I might start takeing more notice if it functions better at higher speeds and with the nose down.

That's like living in an exstensoil society. HUH?

point1234
06-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I found out what works good for me is to throttle up to about 19 to 20 mph and then throttle down to the RPM that it equal to the speed that we are running and then the MC cruise settles right in.