PDA

View Full Version : Not a Mastercraft Recall

maristarman
06-27-2007, 01:16 PM
but a "Fuel Fill" recall affecting a few different brands/models.

Lots of boaters check this forum, you may know someone who has one of these makes.

MUST READ: FUEL FILL RECALL
Chris-Craft, Chaparral, Monterey and 8 others issue recalls

BoatTEST.com begins a new fixture in its effort to keep you apprised of safety issues that may impact your boating experience.

GEM Products Inc. of Orange Park, FL, has issued a recall of its fuel fills (99800, 99820, 99840, 99680 series). The plastic portion of these vented fuel fills may crack during fueling, according to the Coast Guard recall. Possible fuel discharge into bilges; possible fire, explosion if ignition source present. The letters "PAT. PEND" are visible on the flange of recalled products.

Manufacturers affected include: Chaparral, Chris Craft, Kenner, Mako, Monterey, Ocean Master, Parks Manufacturing, Robalo, Sea Hunt, Sundance, and Tidewater.

More details can be found at:
http://www.boattest.com/Resources/view_news.aspx?NewsID=265

Maristar210
06-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I wondered if the title to this was a question or a statement? I'm glad to see it is a statement.

east tx skier
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
I think there was something a year or so ago mentioned on here about perko plastic fuel fills for certain more recent model MCs. Memory fades as hair greys and waistline expands, but the MC recalls can be found on www.mymastercraft.com.