PDA

View Full Version : Trailer bearing numbers

cwright
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
I repacked bearings last night on my 88PS190. The outside bearing has a number on it that was easy to read (L44549). The inside bearing number could not be found, mostly because I did not replace my lip seals, and the rear bearing stays in the hub. Lip seal appears to be 2.5" od by 1.75" i.d. With that bearing number and size lip seal, can anybody tell me with certainty what number the rear bearing is? I'd like to have an extra set in the tool box for the just in case scenarios.

Jim@BAWS
06-29-2007, 09:05 AM
NAPA is the easiest when it comes to bearings. Hate not to send you to a dealer. I find that BEARINGS and BRAKES are the toughest stuff to match correctly

Jim@BAWS

bowtie355
07-04-2007, 03:04 AM
I repacked bearings last night on my 88PS190. The outside bearing has a number on it that was easy to read (L44549). The inside bearing number could not be found, mostly because I did not replace my lip seals, and the rear bearing stays in the hub. Lip seal appears to be 2.5" od by 1.75" i.d. With that bearing number and size lip seal, can anybody tell me with certainty what number the rear bearing is? I'd like to have an extra set in the tool box for the just in case scenarios.

I have a 85 MC SS. I just repacted the trailer bearings recently. The inside bearing is a 1-3/8" pn-4T-L68149 and the inside Hub seal is 1-11/16". Both are avalible at Boaters World. The seal is MFG by Long Run
pn-369170345 or www.tiedown.com

cwright
07-05-2007, 01:18 AM
awesome feedback, thanks. I'll get a set and throw them in my tool box.

Thanks again,

bowtie355
07-05-2007, 12:21 PM
BTW, You might want to check the outside bearing number again. My MC trailer outside bearing is L44649.
It's a very common bearing size for boat trailers.
Dan

FiremansMC
07-05-2007, 12:36 PM
As a NAPA owner, you should just pop the seal, bearing, and race and do it all at once. Take it into the pros at your closest NAPA and they will hook you up. The race could be pitted just a little bit and that will make alot of noise. We sell the bearing/race sets for a little more than just the bearing cost. To do a single axle trailer, you won't spend but roughly $50-$60 at the most. Alot cheaper than a roadside repair.

bowtie355
07-05-2007, 03:05 PM
As a NAPA owner, you should just pop the seal, bearing, and race and do it all at once. Take it into the pros at your closest NAPA and they will hook you up. The race could be pitted just a little bit and that will make alot of noise. We sell the bearing/race sets for a little more than just the bearing cost. To do a single axle trailer, you won't spend but roughly $50-$60 at the most. Alot cheaper than a roadside repair.

http://images.corvetteforum.com/images/smilies/iagree.gif
NAPA saved my behind a few times.