View Full Version : Central Texas TT'ers

milkmania
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
you guys alright down there?

saw the news about the rain:(

we're getting our share up here

tex
06-27-2007, 12:06 PM
We have been hammered here in FW-Raining a lot too!

milkmania
06-27-2007, 12:12 PM
We have been hammered here in FW-Raining a lot too!

I got hammered last week at the camp site...

it was not a pretty sight:(

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM
My parents live in Waco, we go up there several times during the summer to play at Lake Waco. I think mom said they were 15" above normal for the year. :mad: All ramps under water. :mad: 30" as of may 31 avg. annual 27" and alot has fallen this month.

G-man
06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
They just closed 2 ramps on Lake Lewisville that I know of. Our private lake has a drain and it has been open about a week. When the water is to high we get bad erosion.

Rich_G
06-27-2007, 12:34 PM
it's killing my St. Augustine in a few places, in others I need to mow every 4 days. This time last year that was not on the agenda.

Jkelly
06-27-2007, 12:41 PM
They just closed 2 ramps on Lake Lewisville that I know of. Our private lake has a drain and it has been open about a week. When the water is to high we get bad erosion.

How is lake Lewisville to ski on? My best friend is moving back to Denton and wants me to pull the boat over there in august/september for the weekend.

pkskier
06-27-2007, 12:42 PM
It doesn't stop raining long enough for me to mow my grass, either at home or at the lake.

G-man
06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
Lewisville is insane, very few good spots on the lake. Being there during the week helps.

Jkelly
06-27-2007, 12:54 PM
Good INFO

Thanks

Do you know of a better lake in the area.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 12:56 PM
It doesn't stop raining long enough for me to mow my grass, either at home or at the lake.

I have never been to possum kingdom, but man that's a beautiful lake in the pics. I have seen. ;) Is the ski/boarding good. :confused:

tex
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
Lewisville used to be called Lake Death. They actually patrol it so much now that they claim it's one of the safest lakes in Texas. I still rarely go. Grapevine closed 2 more ramps today.

jraben8
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
The only 2 days that I haven't seen rain lately was while I was at Beaver Bend last weekend. Milk, that place is fabulous!

jraben8
06-27-2007, 01:01 PM
Lewisville is the only place that I have been checked by the patrol. I think that they really just wanted to watch my 4 year old on trainers. He's only allowed behind the boat when there are NO other boats moving within about 1/2 mile...

03 35th Anniversary
06-27-2007, 01:05 PM
At first I thought all this rain was good (it still is). It would fill the lakes and rivers up for the summer. But it hasn't stoped raining long enough to enjoy it.

tex
06-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Jkelly-Good talking with you. Pass my information on to your friend. We'll do our best to hook him up.

Jkelly
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Thanks, will do

milkmania
06-27-2007, 01:43 PM
The only 2 days that I haven't seen rain lately was while I was at Beaver Bend last weekend. Milk, that place is fabulous!

headed there around the third week in July....

once I confirm there are Corps of Engineers parks on Broken Bow

east tx skier
06-27-2007, 01:52 PM
We needed the rain. But we're more than a foot over full in most places it seems. I'd rather miss a day at the lake due to rain than not enough water though. Flooding hasn't been an issue (knock wood).

jjohnson0511
06-27-2007, 01:55 PM
Newbie here! We go to Lewisville late during the weekdays and the water is okay. The weekends forget about it. Going to Cedar Creek lake for the entire week of the 4th. Anyone have any thoughts on Cedar Creek, first time out there.

jraben8
06-27-2007, 01:57 PM
headed there around the third week in July....

once I confirm there are Corps of Engineers parks on Broken Bow

We have reservations to be there again August 17 and 18th if you will be around. We are moving next week so I'm guessing my wife will have projects most of July...

Ric
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
I got hammered last week at the camp site...

it was not a pretty sight:( atta boy Milk!

JKTX21
06-27-2007, 02:07 PM
What rain?!

My backyard is like a pond.... no thanks to the overfilling pool.

pkskier
06-27-2007, 04:59 PM
TX pk is a beautiful lake because of the rain the water is not as clear as usual. In the last 5 - 10 years the lake has become more crowded so to ski and get the best water we our in our cove we like to ski in at 6:00 AM and we stay there until the boarders wake up and run us off. The boarding is good all day except it can get too busy.

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 05:14 PM
TX pk is a beautiful lake because of the rain the water is not as clear as usual. In the last 5 - 10 years the lake has become more crowded so to ski and get the best water we our in our cove we like to ski in at 6:00 AM and we stay there until the boarders wake up and run us off. The boarding is good all day except it can get too busy.

Thanks pk, there are some high $$$$$ developments there now? Which I guess is making it busier.

pkskier
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Yea your right they are trying to run us poor boys off the lake.

slalomskifreak
06-27-2007, 09:11 PM
Lake Travis is up just a bit today.8p

TX.X-30 fan
06-27-2007, 09:40 PM
Lake Travis is up just a bit today.8p

11" in Marble Falls in 6 hrs early this am will do that quickly. WOW will the rain please stop I think as a state we are full. 8p

By the way your avatar is disgusting, but it kind of grows on ya. :D ;)

TX.X-30 fan
06-28-2007, 11:07 AM
LCRA has closed Inks Lake and lakes Travis, Marble Falls and LBJ temporarily to recreational boating because significant debris makes boating unsafe at this time. Lake Buchanan remains open to recreational boating, but LCRA advises extreme caution for boaters because of swift currents, debris and other navigational hazards.

The City of Austin has closed recreational activities on Lake Austin, Town Lake and the Colorado River downstream of Longhorn Dam in the city limits. With recreational boating being prohibited on Lake Travis, ramps operated by Travis County and LCRA are closed.

LCRA plans to reevaluate the boating ban daily, and decide by 4 p.m. each day whether to lift the ban based on conditions of the lakes. While recreational boating is banned, contractors and property owners are permitted to navigate the lakes to perform needed work and to maintain property.

Lake travis went from 682 to 693 in 24 hrs. The 19" marble falls received is not far upstream.

Just want to let ya'll know in case anyone was headed there this weekend.

Well at least there making lots of green energy. :D ;)

Ric
06-28-2007, 11:40 AM
LCRA has closed Inks Lake and lakes Travis, Marble Falls and LBJ temporarily to recreational boating because significant debris makes boating unsafe at this time. Lake Buchanan remains open to recreational boating, but LCRA advises extreme caution for boaters because of swift currents, debris and other navigational hazards.

The City of Austin has closed recreational activities on Lake Austin, Town Lake and the Colorado River downstream of Longhorn Dam in the city limits. With recreational boating being prohibited on Lake Travis, ramps operated by Travis County and LCRA are closed.

LCRA plans to reevaluate the boating ban daily, and decide by 4 p.m. each day whether to lift the ban based on conditions of the lakes. While recreational boating is banned, contractors and property owners are permitted to navigate the lakes to perform needed work and to maintain property.

Lake travis went from 682 to 693 in 24 hrs. The 19" marble falls received is not far upstream.

That rate of change in level is what rips out all those docks

TX.X-30 fan
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
That rate of change in level is what rips out all those docks

They have been through hell there, 642 to 693 in what a few months. :eek:

east tx skier
06-28-2007, 12:23 PM

Wow. Just amazing.

Harvey
06-28-2007, 02:20 PM
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm

Grapevine is over 10 feet HIGH.
Lewisville is over 7 feet HIGH.
Ray Roberts is over 6 feet HIGH.

And then there is this!!!!!

This is what was forwarded to me by a friend. He talked to Brad who controls the flood gates.

Just talked to my buddy Brad at the BRA. He said that whitney gates(corps of enginer controlled) are closed, they have had "catastrophic flooding down stream", he said he has grandbury(brad controlled) at 40,000 and PK (brad controlled) at 30,000 and said there is NO room for more water in Grandbury or PK, so whatever comes in will go right out. With whitney gates shut he said that whitney should rise "at least 10 more feet". And I am guessing that will be pretty quick.

Anyone else crying? Does anyone know an anti-rain dance?

JKTX21
06-28-2007, 02:39 PM
http://www.swf-wc.usace.army.mil/reports/fish.htm

Grapevine is over 10 feet HIGH.
Lewisville is over 7 feet HIGH.
Ray Roberts is over 6 feet HIGH.

And then there is this!!!!!

Anyone else crying? Does anyone know an anti-rain dance?

I talked with a Corps official last week, and he said if we received anymore rain this would happen. With Granbury and all the houses, and Whitney being bluffs for the most part, it's the only lake that can hold the water in that basin. Just terrible... Whitney is always my plan B... there was only one or two ramps open last week.

I thought my sitting at home and drinking Coors would counter-act the forces of nature... I guess I was wrong! :D

Harvey
06-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Oh it will hold it. I am not so sure how well it will hold it?

http://www.dallaswakeboarding.com/components/com_forum/files/dsc_0016_131.jpg

slalomskifreak
06-28-2007, 11:36 PM
[/QUOTE]By the way your avatar is disgusting, but it kind of grows on ya. :D ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks! Family Guy cracks me up. Here is the link I use to keep an eye on things at Travis. Less than a year and I should be on the lake everyday. Can't wait.

http://floodstatus.lcra.org/