PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!! boat plugs......

tcp cocker
06-26-2007, 10:56 PM
ok just got the boat out of the water (04 x-7)and i had three plugs one that looked like a T and one that is tiny like just almost a inch bolt. and one weird one some one give me some insite not the same as a 92 197 obviously. give me a hand here looking to get into the water tomorrow

boyd
06-27-2007, 12:53 AM
How about a pic.

bigmac
06-27-2007, 08:02 AM
ok just got the boat out of the water (04 x-7)and i had three plugs one that looked like a T and one that is tiny like just almost a inch bolt. and one weird one some one give me some insite not the same as a 92 197 obviously. give me a hand here looking to get into the water tomorrowI don't get the question...you had three plugs where? In the bilge? You had it in the water without those plugs? You found them laying there after pulling it from the water and want to know where they go?

The only T-handle plug on my boat is the mid-hull drain - big brass thing. Your description of "almost a inch bolt and one wierd one" is indeed going to make it hard to guess what they are. Those descriptions don't ring any bells relative to plugs anywhere in my 2004.

http://www.skidim.com/images/91705.jpg

jkski
06-27-2007, 08:40 AM
As stated above, the "T" handle one is the center drain, which if you did not have it in and floated the boat, you should have a lot of water in there.
Just guessing on the other 2:
One might be the block drain plug which is located on the right side of the motor(when facing the engine looking towards the rear of your boat). If you follow the block down to where it meets the oil pan, the bolt should be just above that meeting point.
The other one might be the temp sensor from the left side of the motor, which also serves as a point to drain the block from. If this is removed, there would also be a set of wires dangling there with a plug type attachement, which would mate when the sensor is in place.

With that said, if any of these items were out when you ran the boat, you would have a ton of water in your boat, and your engine temp would rise dramtically.

tcp cocker
06-27-2007, 08:27 PM
think i figured it out the two smaller are on the block left and right and the T is in the middle i knew that