View Full Version : Upholstery buttons

AR Footer
02-14-2005, 04:18 PM
The piece that covers the screw head (looks like a button in furniture upholstery) on the upholstered side panels of my 85 S & S are all missing. I like the looks of the button but have been unable to find replacements anywhere. It appears that they are made like a button looking at the outside and then it looks like it snaps on. Any ideas where I can get replacements or what are some other options?

02-14-2005, 04:32 PM
I've seen these used in the installation of those white formica kitchen cabinets. There was a base that the screw went through and then you snapped a doomed shaped piece of white plastic to hide the screw head. Maybe they would have these at Home Depot or some sort of Hardware store. Have you tried upholstery shops??

02-14-2005, 04:38 PM
I had mine recovered when I had my interior redone.
Maybe a local upolstery shop will have them.
I am not sure if these (http://www.perfectfit.com/products/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=113&cat=Snap+Fastener+Color+Enamel+Caps) will work or not.

02-14-2005, 07:07 PM
Home Depot and OSH carry small cheap ones as well as West Marine. At www.westmarine.com look up Fasteners, Snap caps.
I have larger, upholstered ones in my Dodge Van conversion so like the others said, an upholstery shop, a fabric shop like JoAnnes or a van conversion shop.

02-14-2005, 07:27 PM
I ordered some for 85 direct from MasterCraft. But that was in 92 when you could call MC and they would sell you parts direct, it was a lot eaiser then. Good Luck

02-14-2005, 07:39 PM
These guys have both caps and upholstery buttons.

AR Footer
02-15-2005, 09:29 AM
Thanks for all of the replies. I will be trying to find something through these outlets. I have called the upholstery shops in this area but none of them have anything like what I am looking for and are really not interested in in trying to find anything for me.