PDA

View Full Version : Complete Dashboard Gauges Failure

jeffh
06-25-2007, 11:16 PM
I have a 1999 Prostar 205V.

Yesterday on the lake I seemed to have some water leak under the driver side cockpit, then *all* my gauges went dead at once (oil, voltage, temp, gas, tach, speedos). I could not tell if the water came from the bilge line or air intake on the drivers side. All my accessories work fine. I see all the fuse buttons for those, and reset them all, but is there something for the dashboard gauges?

I perused the forums and saw mention of some dashboard gauge control module. So if anyone could give info on that (where it is, what it looks like), or any other pointers in debugging this issue, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jeff

wesgardner
06-26-2007, 10:53 AM
Jeff,

Yes, I'm pretty sure you're correct that there is a gauge module that's replaceable (my friend went thru this a couple years back) - so sorry but dunno much more than that - I think you can get one from your local dealer

Wes

lawless1
06-26-2007, 11:52 AM
I recently had (have) the same problem and my research indicates that in all likelihood it is either a loose ground wire or a MDC box which controls the guages.

jeffh
06-26-2007, 11:55 AM
Which ground wire? :)

Where is the MDC box? I think I will try that first, since they all failed abruptly, and I have never had an intermittent issue.

Thanks,

Jeff